College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Because a knee pad only protects against minor injuries like bruises, they dont prevent the major injuries like ACL tears and things like that. Most players dont care about a bruise, so they will wear their pants in such a way that is most comfortable, and having a seam in the back of your leg isn't comfortable. Adrian Peterson wears all the pads and he got his ACL torn by taking a helmet to the knee. There is virtually no benefit to them.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are those cuffs and collars? What year is it, 2002??????

Count me in as a fan of Central Michigan, though it's no surprise: Adidas teams are moving to either very simple uniforms (script, numbers) or :censored:storms like what Kansas showed us this week.

The Adidas schools with good number fonts, wordmarks can essentially end up with their own, strong, simple look by just keeping it simple, while anyone who's trying too hard is ending up in the territory where Adidas has no clue what to do.

I haven't seen this yet. Wyoming is dropping the god awful gray camo uniforms and going with only one helmet with a brown-gold-brown stripe this season.

53e563a1e0d0d.preview-620.jpg

Again with the double outlines? Remove the extra brown outline and these would be VERY nice.
A quick mock-up of the brown with yellow outline - minus the extra thin brown outline, anyone?

See: 1989-1996 Wyoming Cowboys.

Great helmet for Wyoming, though I wouldn't mind if the center stripes were thicker.

I wouldn't mind seeing it with just the logo and no stripes.

Logo with no stripes has been the primary helmet since 2007.

wyoming_speed_mini_helmet.png?v=13711551

I thought so. Yes, I think that is the best look. Logo with no stripes is my favorite.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

The blue/yellow/blue combo isn't bad. Not sure how I feel about the yellow helmets yet. Wearing all yellow.... eeek.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

The yellow/blue/yellow looks like 1970s/80s Pitt Panthers.

The helmet stripes are still the spears they've used in prior years. Not sure I understand why the "SJ" is used.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's a closeup of the two helmets.

SanJoseState_zps3ccaf0cf.jpg

I don't like the SJ, specifically on the right side, because the J just goes the opposite direction that we're used to, like San Diego's SD goes to the bottom-right corner. This goes to the bottom-left.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On the Dan Patrick Show this morning they brought up the Kansas uniform and suggested that teams shouldn't be allowed to have more uniform options than conference wins the previous year (Kansas had 1). Can we get this implemented immediately?

I'm a Jayhawk and I have been saying that since KU added so many options. This particular uniform is an upgrade from last years' monstrosities however. I think most of us would rather see the uniforms be predominantly blue, but at least red is a school color.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Central Michigan has a shoulder yoke on the yellow jerseys, which I like, but not on the plain home jerseys.

SJSU is plain too, I'd take plain over ugly any day, but their really is no reason to leave the unis this plain. I liked SJSU's old set better.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

SJSU -

Is that around 13 different combos?!?!?!?!

Blue/yellow/white is nice.

Yellow/yellow/white is nice.

And I like blue/white/yellow, for some reason.

The Slogan on the SJSU Twitter was "18 different combinations, 18 seniors" so they have 18 total

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived