College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Sooo...would it be easier to post the D1 schools that will NOT have 1) Chrome 2) Matte 3) A number on one side of the helmet 4) a black or gray/silver uniform (non-school color)

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per their fb page, new uniforms for fresno state

Is that the miami font???

new white jersey and black jersey (ugh) as well, also chrome helmet (wow chrome no way!!!)

10623104_10153455264722195_8176160540737

10603386_10153455264922195_5729866767950

new white jersey and black jersey (ugh) as well, also chrome helmet (wow chrome no way!!!)

10603386_10153455264922195_5729866767950

I like the uniform. Not sure about the font, it's close to the Dolphins but I don't know that it's an exact match.

The helmet, ugh... Again with the chrome and numbers. If everyone keeps doing it, it's going to lose it's "kewlness". It's almost like a virus at this point. It just needs to run it's course and be gone.

Sooo...would it be easier to post the D1 schools that will NOT have 1) Chrome 2) Matte 3) A number on one side of the helmet 4) a black or gray/silver uniform (non-school color)

Probably.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

In a vacuum, the Fresno State jersey is actually quite nice. The problem is, of course, that they've taken Miami's font, which the Canes have owned for about a decade. That makes it look like a rip-off and second-rate.

I can just imagine all these athletic departments this past winter, thinking they were so clever and original for adopting Boise's asymetrical numbered helmet. Then, three times every week this summer, they've had to go "AWW, DAMMIT, THEY DID IT TOO?" This dumbass trend will be dead in two seasons. However, it will be replaced by something even dumber, like making one shoulder of the jersey out of a revolutionary see-through material.

Nice to see NIU adopting the standalone husky head on a full-time basis, or as close as one gets to a full-time design element in college athletics nowadays.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the uniform. Not sure about the font, it's close to the Dolphins but I don't know that it's an exact match.

He was asking about the Miami Hurricanes' font. Not the Miami Dolphins font. And yes, it's the Miami Hurricanes font. Fresno has actually used it on the alt set the last couple years.

Hopefully the team still uses the "Bulldogs" script helmet once or twice a year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

He was asking about the Miami Hurricanes' font. Not the Miami Dolphins font. And yes, it's the Miami Hurricanes font. Fresno has actually used it on the alt set the last couple years.

Hopefully the team still uses the "Bulldogs" script helmet once or twice a year.

Why don't they embrace blue at all as an alternate?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

They are...They just didn't do a good job.

10402442_10153455264942195_5766609807005

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

They are...They just didn't do a good job.

10402442_10153455264942195_5766609807005

Make those numbers white with a red outline and maybe they could make it work

@dcjames5

2 of Akron's new helmets for this season. Have to say I LOVE the white, hate the gold & black.

BvG2YxxIEAAXua5.jpg

I believe they will also have a normal gold with a Z and/or a matte blue with a Z. Personally I'd prefer them to use the same metallic decal on all 3-4 helmets.

2 of Akron's new helmets for this season. Have to say I LOVE the white, hate the gold & black.

BvG2YxxIEAAXua5.jpg

I believe they will also have a normal gold with a Z and/or a matte blue with a Z. Personally I'd prefer them to use the same metallic decal on all 3-4 helmets.

Are there many schools that use the letter of their mascot on their helmet? No. Good idea for Akron? No.

BvG2YxxIEAAXua5.jpg

Are there many schools that use the letter of their mascot on their helmet? No. Good idea for Akron? No.

Do any schools use a Z? How many use an actual mascot on the helmet? Not to mention the Z is a sweet logo. Much cooler then any of the A logos we have. And how many schools use an A?

Press Release from the Fresno State reveal -

FRESNO, Calif. - Last season the Fresno State football team introduced the Blackout concept for a set of new uniforms that was a hit among both the players and the Red Wave. This year, the Bulldogs will debut new all navy uniforms with a chrome helmet for their Oct. 3 game against San Diego State.

The chrome helmet is the highlight of the new uniforms unveiled Sunday and its debut will be a part of Fresno State's `Night in Navy' game when the Bulldogs take on in-state rival San Diego State on Oct. 3 in front of a national TV audience on CBS Sports Network.

Fresno State will be dressed in its new navy jerseys and pants for that game and also encourages the fan base to wear navy to that game in an effort to duplicate the blackout game in 2013 that saw a sold-out Bulldog Stadium completely covered in black. This year, Fresno State is looking to deck out Bulldog Stadium in navy.

The Bulldog Shop will begin selling `Night in Navy' t-shirts along with replica chrome helmets and chrome mini helmets in the near future.

In addition to the new chrome helmet and navy uniforms, Fresno State also rolled out its traditional red and white uniforms that have been upgraded from the look they've worn since the 2011 season.

The new jerseys - red, white and navy - are all Nike's new Modified NPC Speed Jersey.

The navy uniforms are currently being produced by Nike and will be shown when they arrive in the beginning of September.

Other Uniform/Helmet Alterations

• Fresno State is also adding gray pants to its uniform lineup for the 2014 season.

• With the exception of predetermined theme games - which are the Red Wave takeover on Sept. 13 and the `Night in Navy' game on Oct. 3 - the captains will pick the uniform combination that the team will wear at the start of each game week.

Fresno State's traditional red helmet also went through a little shake-up this year. The stripe that goes down the middle has been reversed to where it is wide at the top of the face mask and tapers off down towards the back into the traditional Green V that is on all Fresno State helmets.

@dcjames5

Anybody else notice that Houston, Fresno, Marshall, UAB, and Middle Tennessee all have the same concept? All have their sleeves as a different color from the rest of the jersey. All mid-majors with new uniforms this past month, outfitted by Nike.

Also, Florida Atlantic has a tweaked helmet, new jersey and new pants. Hope y'all like the tire tread marks, because it's almost all Adidas is doing these days.

@JWhidden3

Florida Atlantic Owls, USMNT, Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Archived