College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez... so much for school colors! What's next? A red and silver Notre Dame alt!?!?

Apart from the logos nothing about this says Arizona St. to me.

It's more of a tribute to the colors of Arizona history. Copper is one of the 5 C's of Arizona(Copper, Citrus, Climate, Cotton and Cattle) with Anthracite being used with the copper to honor the history. Besides the fact that when ASU rebranded, copper was incorporated as a accent color.

Jeez... so much for school colors! What's next? A red and silver Notre Dame alt!?!?

Well, we all know that college football recruits aren't exactly wow'd by the college campus itself or academic opportunities. What really get 'em hooked to the program is a snazzy anthracite jersey and a chrome helmet!

Oh I know it's all about recruiting, marketing, and merchandising. I just hate the way nike, adidas, etc. have destroyed so much great tradition over the past couple years. If I were a university AD I would stop wasting money on 40 uniform/helmet combos and put it somewhere that would actually benefit the university. Perhaps maybe even raising the "allowances" they give to student-athletes and helping these kids who work so hard doing the thing they love while also working on their careers for the future. And don't give me that "football is what brings in the money". Yes, I know that, I live in a college town. Just one of my many gripes about actually living in, not going to, Columbia, Missouri. Just hate how many students have no respect for our town, but that's for another day.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Well, we all know that college football recruits aren't exactly wow'd by the college campus itself or academic opportunities. What really get 'em hooked to the program is a snazzy anthracite jersey and a chrome helmet!

Oh I know it's all about recruiting, marketing, and merchandising. I just hate the way nike, adidas, etc. have destroyed so much great tradition over the past couple years. If I were a university AD I would stop wasting money on 40 uniform/helmet combos and put it somewhere that would actually benefit the university. Perhaps maybe even raising the "allowances" they give to student-athletes and helping these kids who work so hard doing the thing they love while also working on their careers for the future.

My post was thick with sarcasm...you're preaching to the choir.

College football will be officially dead to me when in 5-7 years, the next trendy color combination of "vampire-killer grey" and "metallic-yet-matte chome hazy anthracitic-scarlet" is introduced and some moron at Adidas, UA, or Nike convinces Michigan that they need that in their uniform scheme as a third jersey. Oh yea, let's not forget 17 new helmet styles, too.

image_zps50e39e93.jpg

image_zps1021204c.jpg

image_zps59ce3caa.jpg

Last year I told myself I'd just stop looking at the NCAA football threads, but I just can't help myself. Its the same impulse that makes me slow down at an accident on the freeway, I suppose.

Thanks to a vicious combination of manufacturer's one-up-manship, and an embarrassing pandering to the tastes of 17 year olds, college football has, by an incredibly significant margin, the worst uniforms of any major college or pro sports in America.

Arizona State did the whole copper thing so much better than Arizona...

I don't really hate these, but I actually like them. They're a bit different, but these are nice. I just don't think that they were worth all the hype of the reveal.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I don't really hate these, but I actually like them. They're a bit different, but these are nice. I just don't think that they were worth all the hype of the reveal.

Arizona Athletics: Let's add copper to the scheme!

Arizona State Athletics: Anything you can do we can do better.

Michigan State Athletics: Copper goes soooo much better with forest green and white.

Michigan State Athletics: Copper goes soooo much better with forest green and white.

ACTUALLY

Arizona State had copper already in their color scheme with baseball and other sports before UofA had it in their football uniforms. Arizona added copper because ASU added Copper to their scheme. It's just ASU is now bringing in the copper now into the football side of things. ASU did it first initially. Arizona copied

Wow college football is crazy this year. Every team has a gray or chrome alternate. Nasty.

Yeah, just like someone said a couple pages back, it's pretty funny to think of all of these a-traditional programs who's marketing team (or whoever handles this type of stuff) had the "genius idea" a few months back to add chrome or numbers to one side of the helmet (or both)... "We will be so cutting edge!!!!"

And then everyone does it.

Thankfully there's still a bit of class in the uniform landscape among new unveils. Illinois, Washington, and FSU immediately come to mind.

ACTUALLY

Arizona State had copper already in their color scheme with baseball and other sports before UofA had it in their football uniforms. Arizona added copper because ASU added Copper to their scheme. It's just ASU is now bringing in the copper now into the football side of things. ASU did it first initially. Arizona copied

Does anyone else really miss the gradiented stripes for Arizona? I didn't like how Nike ended up using that template with like 10 other schools, but it actually worked for Arizona

These are pretty bad, speaking of copper

2013-arizona-new-uniforms-copper-helmet-

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but they got rid of the gradiented numbers at least...

10533329_10152676497527682_7603808185970

This looks way better:

uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

https://commguide.asu.edu/standards/color-palette

Unless they're passing off PANTONE 1505 as copper then I see nothing resembling the copper used in those uniforms and anything in the schools official color palette. They already have a beautiful and unique color scheme. No need to muck everything up and confuse everybody.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

i like the ASU alternate enough. it is what an alternate is supposed to be and the execution in the details is passable, the only thing i kind of have an issue with is the gradient on the numbers. i dont mind the lack of school colors at all, but i think copper would make an excellent addition to their current red and yellow

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived