College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

If Arizona State went with a maroon jersey with the forks and number trim in copper and white pants, it'd be a better look than the anthracite look. At a minimum, white pants and maroon/white trim on the numbers would look better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the ASU helmets, but like others have said, I could do without the anthracite uniform.

Did Tulane update their helmets with the new uniforms? I hope not.

Chrome logo with number on one side

117tpp5.jpg

i wish they used the blue more, love that color

uspw_6597778.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Season hasn't even started and we are already at 166 pages ....can't imagine where we will be at season's end, possibly 700+ ??

Never imagined I'd start this post and be at this point already in the season...

image_zps50e39e93.jpg

image_zps1021204c.jpg

image_zps59ce3caa.jpg

The use of copper is amazing.

Sigh. Goddamnit, Arizona State. WHY DO YOU KEEP TAKING ALL OF MY MONEY?!?!

I was totally content on not getting a jersey this year until I saw that. Now I pretty much have to.

Honestly, the more I see those the more I wanna see ASU ditch the Maroon and Gold For Grey and Copper. It actually fits the school tremendously well and it would be pretty unique.

ASU's colors are the one aspect of their brand I've never been terribly crazy about. They always give out gold shirts for football and hardly anyone ever wears them because it's a downright AWFUL shade of gold. And when you get a black ASU shirt (which a lot of people do) it basically ends up fading to that grey color anyway in a few weeks due to becoming so bleached out by the sun :P

How does dark gray fit the school tremendously well?

That's akin to saying anthracite and black should replace green and gold for Oregon.

Arizona State's colors have been maroon and gold. It's been that way for a really long time, even before you were a student. No reason to ditch it because Nike.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the ASU helmets, but like others have said, I could do without the anthracite uniform.

117tpp5.jpg

uspw_6597778.jpg

The second helmet is beauiful, Logo/number treatment and all.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

image_zps50e39e93.jpg

image_zps1021204c.jpg

image_zps59ce3caa.jpg

Sigh. Goddamnit, Arizona State. WHY DO YOU KEEP TAKING ALL OF MY MONEY?!?!

I was totally content on not getting a jersey this year until I saw that. Now I pretty much have to.

Honestly, the more I see those the more I wanna see ASU ditch the Maroon and Gold For Grey and Copper. It actually fits the school tremendously well and it would be pretty unique.

ASU's colors are the one aspect of their brand I've never been terribly crazy about. They always give out gold shirts for football and hardly anyone ever wears them because it's a downright AWFUL shade of gold. And when you get a black ASU shirt (which a lot of people do) it basically ends up fading to that grey color anyway in a few weeks due to becoming so bleached out by the sun :P

How does dark gray fit the school tremendously well?

That's akin to saying anthracite and black should replace green and gold for Oregon.

Arizona State's colors have been maroon and gold. It's been that way for a really long time, even before you were a student. No reason to ditch it because Nike.

BUT it's anthracite ..it fits EVERY school nicely . I hope Cal gets an anthracite jersey, we have those color bricks on campus and would be a real nice shout out to the student body *sarcasm*

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

If the pants match the helmet Under Armor just showed up Adidas with one uniform. Adidas couldn't match the pants to the helmet to save their lives, and it looks like UA did it first try

Not only Adidas, but Nike as well as they haven't been able to match the gold pants for the 49ers and Saints.

spacer.png

image_zps50e39e93.jpg

image_zps1021204c.jpg

image_zps59ce3caa.jpg

Too late! Michigan announced this morning that the school is scrapping maize and blue and replacing those colors with anthracite and copper.

Ugh. Another case of Nike completely ignoring a school's actual colors for the sake of pleasing the 18 year old crowd that wants "kewl" new designs every 2 weeks. A college's identity should not be like an iphone where you get a new one every 6 months.

I have never been a fan of the Yankees or Penn State, but if this keeps up I may have to become one.

117tpp5.jpg

uspw_6597778.jpg

The second helmet is beauiful, Logo/number treatment and all.

Agreed. The blue popped so well against the Olive and White. And that number on the side of the helmet had a special meaning. All players had the #18 on the side of the helmet in honor of Devon Walker, a former player who was paralyzed in a collision during a game against Tulsa in 2012.

gYH2mW9.png

If the pants match the helmet Under Armor just showed up Adidas with one uniform. Adidas couldn't match the pants to the helmet to save their lives, and it looks like UA did it first try

Looks pretty damn close in normal lighting!

7_3029862.jpg

EDIT: Coheed beat me to it.

EDIT 2: Also, new "IRISH" wordmarks on the helmet bumpers. Looks like the ones from the 2012 Shamrock Series unis.

10606549_10152445910334055_4546094457133

Ugh. Another case of Nike completely ignoring a school's actual colors for the sake of pleasing the 18 year old crowd that wants "kewl" new designs every 2 weeks. A college's identity should not be like an iphone where you get a new one every 6 months.

I have never been a fan of the Yankees or Penn State, but if this keeps up I may have to become one.

Do you know if this was nike offering this design up to asu or did asu come up with the concept themselves and for nike to produce? Either way, asu has to sign off on it.

Do you know if this was nike offering this design up to asu or did asu come up with the concept themselves and for nike to produce? Either way, asu has to sign off on it.

I'm betting it was Arizona St.'s idea. They and Arizona both have new copper themed uniforms each year. It's the state mineral or something I believe. There used to be a Copper Bowl in Arizona.

Finally, someone correctly matches Notre Dame's helmets and pants correctly. Really is a slap in the face that Adidas couldn't do it, but UA did it first try.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived