College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going to be the reaction when Notre wears a gold jersey you know it has be coming in the near future.

Honestly, wouldn't bother me that much on principal (their MBB team has for years), but gold football uniforms are almost impossible to pull off (though it prob couldn't look any worse/less like ND than the Shamrock Series uniforms.

nd-10-13-oldgold-1-675x380.jpg

TN14.jpg

Has Notre Dame always worn two different pants for home and away? I just remember them being dull for both. These two, however, are different styles.

Zzqu3CKl.jpg

it could be the lighting , the mannequins also look like they are a different color, i believe the one on the left is more accurate

It's the lighting. Amazes me how many people clearly do not get that it's almost always the lighting.

I hate numbers on helmets. But if they are going to be there, I'd like to see the jersey and helmet fonts match.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Man those gold Vandy uniforms look horrible. Gold uniforms, at least paired with a gold helmet, never works because it's damn near impossible to get the uniform and helmet to match .

I like everything about Davidson except for the unnecessary number on the helmet. This day in age, with tv and branding the way it is, numbers on the helmet just looks lazy, stupid, and quite redundant.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Yes.

BvaQ-CsCcAA1zi-.png

Has Notre Dame always worn two different pants for home and away? I just remember them being dull for both. These two, however, are different styles.

Zzqu3CKl.jpg

The difference between the old pants has nothing to do with home and away. The linemen didn't like the new cut and/or material, so they went with the old cut with the old shiny material. I'm pretty sure this happens with lineman at other Adidas schools too.

spacer.png

Zzqu3CKl.jpg

it could be the lighting , the mannequins also look like they are a different color, i believe the one on the left is more accurate

It's the lighting. Amazes me how many people clearly do not get that it's almost always the lighting.

It looks more like an Instagram filter, with the shading/color/finish completely different on the mannequin arms.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Zzqu3CKl.jpg

It looks more like an Instagram filter, with the shading/color/finish completely different on the mannequin arms.

That could be, since the flooring is definitely the same, but the tile is a lot more yellow on the left picture.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's a thought. Since Pitt's uniforms are of a similar design to their classic 80s set, it would be a nice little treat if they chose to wear the classic script decal on the helmets for homecoming.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Man those gold Vandy uniforms look horrible. Gold uniforms, at least paired with a gold helmet, never works because it's damn near impossible to get the uniform and helmet to match .

I like everything about Davidson except for the unnecessary number on the helmet. This day in age, with tv and branding the way it is, numbers on the helmet just looks lazy, stupid, and quite redundant.

Especially when they are different fonts. That's what I like about Boise's helmets. The jersey and helmet numbers actually match.

Expect Kent State to add a memorial sticker after their center passed away

For those teams jumbing on the "number on one side of the helmet" train, STOP IT.

Unless everyone on the team is wearing the same number for the above reason. Which is another reason I wish teams would stop doing it "just because". It's not as special for a team to use this method to memorialize their teammate. Sure, there are other ways to show support to a fallen comrade, but this is a big one.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

For those teams jumbing on the "number on one side of the helmet" train, STOP IT.

Unless everyone on the team is wearing the same number for the above reason. Which is another reason I wish teams would stop doing it "just because". It's not as special for a team to use this method to memorialize their teammate. Sure, there are other ways to show support to a fallen comrade, but this is a big one.

uhh... All he said was a memorial sticker... Not a number on the side of the helmet...

uhh... All he said was a memorial sticker... Not a number on the side of the helmet...

Uhh, I believe he was combining that news with the recent pages full of conversation about the helmet design trend. No big deal.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Especially when they are different fonts. That's what I like about Boise's helmets. The jersey and helmet numbers actually match.

and they were created to pair with their asymmetrical uniforms so they actually made sense. Something none of these teams seem to get.

Archived