College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

What's going to be the reaction when Notre wears a gold jersey you know it has be coming in the near future.

Honestly, wouldn't bother me that much on principal (their MBB team has for years), but gold football uniforms are almost impossible to pull off (though it prob couldn't look any worse/less like ND than the Shamrock Series uniforms.

nd-10-13-oldgold-1-675x380.jpg

TN14.jpg

gold_black_3.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Citadel didn't get a waiver. It's in the rule book that only service academies can do that.

And Buffalo, quit making yourselves look like such a joke...

Technically it's a military college and not one of the 5 US service academies. Not sure how the ncaa views them though.

Sorry about that, i read "exception" in the article and considered it as a waiver (I only considered Army, Navy & Air Force as the military academies)

From the article:

In the NCAA rulebook, Rule 1-4-5 says that other than the player's number, the jersey may contain only the player's name, school name, NCAA logo, sleeve stripes, the American and/or state flag and a logo for the school, conference, mascot, postseason game, memorial or the military.

The rule also states: "By interpretation, only military service academies may substitute words such as Honor, Integrity, etc., for the player's name on the back of the jersey ... civilian institutions may not substitute other words for the player's name."

For purposes of this rule, The Citadel is considered a military service academy, said Jack Childress, coordinator of officials for the Southern Conference.

"There have been a lot of questions about jerseys in recent years," said Childress, who checked with the NCAA on the matter Wednesday. "A lot of schools want to put slogans on the jerseys, like 'Rocky Top' at Tennessee, or something like 'Our House.' Schools are not allowed to put those on jerseys.

"An exception has been made for military schools to replace the names with traditional words like 'honor' and 'duty.' The Citadel is considered a military college."

The Citadel plans to wear the navy blue jerseys "once or twice" this season, coach Mike Houston said.

If thats the case with the slogan thing why can miss state use hail state across their chest?

I think the last two paragraphs cover that . No longer legal. Next step needs to be banning ILLEGIBLE gradient numbers (Marshall, Arizona, etc)

I don't have a problem with the way Arizona State uses it as long as it is legible

(Edit: NCAA needs to crack down. It appears these rules only govern the back of the jersey, with the front having an entire different set of standards)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Though the Hail State is kinda stupid (it'd be better if it said Miss. State or the like)...it's actually a solid uniform. The huge logo on the pants is not the worst. Love the helmet with the white facemask. It'll be nice watching Missippi Staayte games again :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Though the Hail State is kinda stupid (it'd be better if it said Miss. State or the like)...it's actually a solid uniform. The huge logo on the pants is not the worst. Love the helmet with the white facemask. It'll be nice watching Missippi Staayte games again :)

Those are just for next Saturday's game vs USM. Regular unis will stay the same.

Those are just for next Saturday's game vs USM. Regular unis will stay the same.

Sadly.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

SMU - I'm not really a fan of the white helmet-red jersey-gray pants. It looks unplanned, like a mistake. And the mismatched number fonts? White jersey and red jerseys have tje same font, while the blue is more throwback block. It'd be okay if the blue was the "throwback" and the other two were modern, but they're not really being presented that way.

I don't think SMU should have shoulder striping. If you aren't an elite team, I don't think it is a bad idea to try to look the most like you did during your period of greatest success.

Sadly.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these throwbacks. Maroon and Black don't go together. I maintain that Mississippi State's regular unis are the best they've ever had. The only drawback is the huge similarity to Texas A&M.

Sadly.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these throwbacks. Maroon and Black don't go together. I maintain that Mississippi State's regular unis are the best they've ever had. The only drawback is the huge similarity to Texas A&M.

Maroon and black doesn't look awful. Quite a few FCS teams use maroon and black - Colgate, Fairfield, Fordham, Montana (with silver), et al...

Sadly.

Maroon and black doesn't look awful. Quite a few FCS teams use maroon and black - Colgate, Fairfield, Fordham, Montana (with silver), et al...

So you don't like South Carolina? I think they look fine albeit Garnet is not exactly maroon

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Sadly.

So you don't like South Carolina? I think they look fine albeit Garnet is not exactly maroon

I don't know if this is directed to me...but I don't mind South Carolina. I liked the 90s garnet helmets.

Archived