College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielema announced earlier today at a fan luncheon that the team would be wearing the uniform that they would be wearing at Auburn next Saturday in their mock game tonight.

Looks like we're going all white. I absolutely love the look but would prefer if we wore it against a team that didn't wear a white helmet also.

493DE459-E2DB-4777-840B-88D042665F5F_zps

CEB7D175-AFC5-4C9E-A8C8-8F57896B279D_zps

Arkansas announced that they were wearing white about a week ago, FYI.

I know fans and media were guessing that based off of an article that SDS wrote on a Jared Cornelius tweet that showed his new white jersey. While they were right, I'm fairly positive this is the first confirmation from Bielema that it was all-white.

Again though I wish we would have saved it for the Texas Tech game. You guys own the white helmets look so I much rather would have liked us to go red/white/white or red/white/red in this game. Of all the SEC games to wear white helmets, this one would be the worst.

I don't mind it. As far as modern unis go, this one is fairly subdued and clean. The white helmet is tasteful. But wait, I thought the mesh cut outs signified the Washington stadium???!!? Haha.

It's our homage to such an iconic stadium.

:lol:

Sorry for the false alarm...looks like there was a chrome filter used on the previous pic above. Helmet without the filter is below...

BvqNYR9CEAAkahy.jpg

Interesting. Have to admit - I'd actually prefer if they'd add Black trim to the logo...make it stand out a bit more. However, they're in a a conference now with Marshall, who also uses Green 356 C, and also uses Black accents. Need to stand out somehow...

(Bring back Apple Green!)

And Buffalo, quit making yourselves look like such a joke...

Buffalo needs to decided what they want people to call them already. Officially change the school name through the state legislature or leave your identity alone.

Just wait until the blackout game with black helmets. 120 years as blue and white (sometimes flirting with red)... I could see us becoming black with blue accents in a year or two. We're already on the road there.

As an alumnus, I actually like the NEW YORK thing. They're trying to be New York State (not NYC, like Syracuse) and I think they have the "right" since they actually are a state institution (again, unlike Syracuse). It's not just a local school; there's lots of people from all over the state. It's not that unusual for the athletics to have a different logo than the academic side of the school (look at Miami); this is just a different flavor of that. There are multiple ways to refer to the school, so it's not really a name change. It literally is a State University of New York (SUNY) school.... SUNY Buffalo.

Buffalo needs to decided what they want people to call them already. Officially change the school name through the state legislature or leave your identity alone.

Just wait until the blackout game with black helmets. 120 years as blue and white (sometimes flirting with red)... I could see us becoming black with blue accents in a year or two. We're already on the road there.

As an alumnus, I actually like the NEW YORK thing. They're trying to be New York State (not NYC, like Syracuse) and I think they have the "right" since they actually are a state institution (again, unlike Syracuse). It's not just a local school; there's lots of people from all over the state. It's not that unusual for the athletics to have a different logo than the academic side of the school (look at Miami); this is just a different flavor of that. There are multiple ways to refer to the school, so it's not really a name change. It literally is a State University of New York (SUNY) school.... SUNY Buffalo.

the only issue with the New York thing for Buffalo (I agree that your alma mater has more of a claim than my alma mater on the SUNY system matter alone) is that you've also got Binghamton and Stony Brook and to an extent Albany fighting for that SUNY flagship recognition. Yes, Buffalo's the only SUNY in FBS, but the way the SUNY system is set up makes it way more complicated than just settling on them for the whole state.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

the only issue with the New York thing for Buffalo (I agree that your alma mater has more of a claim than my alma mater on the SUNY system matter alone) is that you've also got Binghamton and Stony Brook and to an extent Albany fighting for that SUNY flagship recognition. Yes, Buffalo's the only SUNY in FBS, but the way the SUNY system is set up makes it way more complicated than just settling on them for the whole state.

It also doesn't help that you have people like Jim Nantz last night when talking about Khalil Mack calling it the University of Buffalo. It technically hasn't been that since 1964. I'm not quite sure what the best solution is. Should we refer to the SUNY schools like the University of California system schools. Which sounds better, University at Buffalo, SUNY Buffalo, or New York State - Buffalo? Also, there is a Division III University College in the city also, Buffalo State College, that usually gets referred to as Buffalo State.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

University at Buffalo sounds the best. But if they are pushing for the New York thing, then New York State - Buffalo is their best bet. SUNY Buffalo will just cause a lot of confusion for people who don't know what SUNY stands for, which I'm willing to bet is the vast majority of people outside of New York.

jNTsTyQ.png

Yeah, SUNY means nothing to me. I'd vote New York-Buffalo or just NY State. I'm not familiar with Buffalo's curriculum, but they could always go with New York Tech, A&M or some other suffix if the other NYS schools fight them on claiming the "state" name.

Also, SUNY (Sunny) Buffalo just sounds retarded to non-NY folks. It's like you're part of the travel bureau trying to convince people that Buffalo is some tropical oasis in the frozen north. "Come visit Sunny Buffalo!"

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't mind it. As far as modern unis go, this one is fairly subdued and clean. The white helmet is tasteful. But wait, I thought the mesh cut outs signified the Washington stadium???!!? Haha.

You guys didn't hear? Those cuts actually represent the "Hook 'Em" fingers for UT. Or was it the tip of Chief Osceola's spear?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Arkansas announced that they were wearing white about a week ago, FYI.

I know fans and media were guessing that based off of an article that SDS wrote on a Jared Cornelius tweet that showed his new white jersey. While they were right, I'm fairly positive this is the first confirmation from Bielema that it was all-white.

Again though I wish we would have saved it for the Texas Tech game. You guys own the white helmets look so I much rather would have liked us to go red/white/white or red/white/red in this game. Of all the SEC games to wear white helmets, this one would be the worst.

I agree with that, but when it's going to be well over 100* next week, I will be wearing as much white as possible in those stands...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Stony Brook is pretty big, but everybody else just needs to suck it up. Buffalo has the most students, the most money, D1 sports and FBS football. Most (all?) of the schools that we know of as "Wisconsin" or "Texas" or "state name" are just one part of a state system. It's just a shame nobody thought of this for Buffalo 75 years ago. It's probably a long shot to make it stick now.

Yeah, SUNY means nothing to me. I'd vote New York-Buffalo or just NY State. I'm not familiar with Buffalo's curriculum, but they could always go with New York Tech, A&M or some other suffix if the other NYS schools fight them on claiming the "state" name.

Also, SUNY (Sunny) Buffalo just sounds retarded to non-NY folks. It's like you're part of the travel bureau trying to convince people that Buffalo is some tropical oasis in the frozen north. "Come visit Sunny Buffalo!"

It's soon-e, but yeah. That happens a lot. Like how the natural instinct for most is to say "University of Buffalo" instead of "University at Buffalo". I don't think they should use SUNY; it should be some variation of New York. I think the university is too broad to be a "Tech" or an "A&M"... there's medicine, dentistry, architecture, liberal arts, pharmacy, engineering, etc.

Former Sabres owner and perennial gubernatorial wannabe Tom Golisano reportedly offered UB a lot of money years go as part of a deal to change the name of the university to "New York State University". It's funny to see them heading down that path on their own years later.

If there wasn't the Division III school I mentioned, Buffalo State would probably be the best solution. Alas, such is not the case. I vote for New York - Buffalo.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

They would have to work themselves as U-B-N-Y.

The best way to become NY, NYC football school is to invest in the program, facilities, coaches, recruiting and of course winning. Until they do that no amount of signage or logos will change their current state.

They're working on it. The athletic budget is about comparable to Boise State. There's upgrades to the stadium and new training facilities coming/here this season. They have the highest paid attendance in their conference. It would take 100 years and lots of good luck to be the next Ohio State, but they could be the next Boise. Hopefully without the blue turf.

Archived