College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

And Buffalo, quit making yourselves look like such a joke...

Buffalo needs to decided what they want people to call them already. Officially change the school name through the state legislature or leave your identity alone.

Just wait until the blackout game with black helmets. 120 years as blue and white (sometimes flirting with red)... I could see us becoming black with blue accents in a year or two. We're already on the road there.

As an alumnus, I actually like the NEW YORK thing. They're trying to be New York State (not NYC, like Syracuse) and I think they have the "right" since they actually are a state institution (again, unlike Syracuse). It's not just a local school; there's lots of people from all over the state. It's not that unusual for the athletics to have a different logo than the academic side of the school (look at Miami); this is just a different flavor of that. There are multiple ways to refer to the school, so it's not really a name change. It literally is a State University of New York (SUNY) school.... SUNY Buffalo.

the only issue with the New York thing for Buffalo (I agree that your alma mater has more of a claim than my alma mater on the SUNY system matter alone) is that you've also got Binghamton and Stony Brook and to an extent Albany fighting for that SUNY flagship recognition. Yes, Buffalo's the only SUNY in FBS, but the way the SUNY system is set up makes it way more complicated than just settling on them for the whole state.

Everything about New York's public system of higher education is unnecessarily complicated. Including the part where they made :censored: ing Cornell the land grant school.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo needs to decided what they want people to call them already. Officially change the school name through the state legislature or leave your identity alone.

Just wait until the blackout game with black helmets. 120 years as blue and white (sometimes flirting with red)... I could see us becoming black with blue accents in a year or two. We're already on the road there.

As an alumnus, I actually like the NEW YORK thing. They're trying to be New York State (not NYC, like Syracuse) and I think they have the "right" since they actually are a state institution (again, unlike Syracuse). It's not just a local school; there's lots of people from all over the state. It's not that unusual for the athletics to have a different logo than the academic side of the school (look at Miami); this is just a different flavor of that. There are multiple ways to refer to the school, so it's not really a name change. It literally is a State University of New York (SUNY) school.... SUNY Buffalo.

the only issue with the New York thing for Buffalo (I agree that your alma mater has more of a claim than my alma mater on the SUNY system matter alone) is that you've also got Binghamton and Stony Brook and to an extent Albany fighting for that SUNY flagship recognition. Yes, Buffalo's the only SUNY in FBS, but the way the SUNY system is set up makes it way more complicated than just settling on them for the whole state.
Everything about New York's public system of higher education is unnecessarily complicated.
100% truth

Everything about New York's public system of higher education is unnecessarily complicated. Including the part where they made :censored: ing Cornell the land grant school.

and of course there's that part. Thanks to that you've got a weird private-public hybrid thing going on at Cornell where some schools on campus are private and others are run by the state

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

and of course there's that part. Thanks to that you've got a weird private-public hybrid thing going on at Cornell where some schools on campus are private and others are run by the state

There's also the SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry on the campus at Syracuse.

Yeah, SUNY means nothing to me. I'd vote New York-Buffalo or just NY State. I'm not familiar with Buffalo's curriculum, but they could always go with New York Tech, A&M or some other suffix if the other NYS schools fight them on claiming the "state" name.

Also, SUNY (Sunny) Buffalo just sounds retarded to non-NY folks. It's like you're part of the travel bureau trying to convince people that Buffalo is some tropical oasis in the frozen north. "Come visit Sunny Buffalo!"

If there wasn't the Division III school I mentioned, Buffalo State would probably be the best solution. Alas, such is not the case. I vote for New York - Buffalo.

I think they should go through the state legislature and officially change the school name to New York State University or University of Buffalo.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

The Kent State Chargers? Was this for practice only?

1408558354000-rp-primary-Bitsko-1102-DD.

(R.I.P Bitsko)

Link to Kent historical helmets: http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/index.htm They had the same helmets in the 80's.

I think Kent State has one of the better logos in college football. I wish they'd stop using the lightning bolt helmets and have their logo on full-time.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Seeing the EWU-Sam Houston State game and I like the all-black look for EWU but Roos Field just looks terrible.

I actually like the field. Builds character :D And yeah, I'm also really liking the all-black look. And I'm also a fan of SHSU's uniforms as well.
I just wish the pant striping was on the sides of the legs rather than the backs.

gYH2mW9.png

Seeing the EWU-Sam Houston State game and I like the all-black look for EWU but Roos Field just looks terrible.

I actually like the field. Builds character :D And yeah, I'm also really liking the all-black look. And I'm also a fan of SHSU's uniforms as well.
I just wish the pant striping was on the sides of the legs rather than the backs.

When I first saw it, I thought the pants were twisted weird before I realized that they were all like that :P

Yeah, SUNY means nothing to me. I'd vote New York-Buffalo or just NY State. I'm not familiar with Buffalo's curriculum, but they could always go with New York Tech, A&M or some other suffix if the other NYS schools fight them on claiming the "state" name.

Also, SUNY (Sunny) Buffalo just sounds retarded to non-NY folks. It's like you're part of the travel bureau trying to convince people that Buffalo is some tropical oasis in the frozen north. "Come visit Sunny Buffalo!"

If there wasn't the Division III school I mentioned, Buffalo State would probably be the best solution. Alas, such is not the case. I vote for New York - Buffalo.

I think they should go through the state legislature and officially change the school name to New York State University or University of Buffalo.

I'm not sure that's a thing. They probably just have to get approval from the board of regents, if that.

Edit: and it would be pointless to become "Buffalo State", even if it weren't already taken. The point is to latch onto the New York name, so you represent a state of 20 million instead of a city of 225,000.

https://twitter.com/arkansas_logo/status/503318830840823809 I thought arkansas weren't making these this year.

Those are just retail jerseys and not an indication of what they will wear this season especially since there is not the front mesh tusks.

I highly doubt they will wear these on the field. Thankfully the coach is old school and not a fan of alternate uniforms.

spacer.png

https://twitter.com/arkansas_logo/status/503318830840823809 I thought arkansas weren't making these this year.

Those are just retail jerseys and not an indication of what they will wear this season especially since there is not the front mesh tusks.

the "There will be anthracite uni's this season" leads me to believe that they will be worn this season. Also, replica jerseys have missing elements all the time, that does not indicate whether they will be worn or not

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Archived