College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

new SMU unis:

Throwback or not these are boring. At least the northwestern stripes on the shoulders were unique.

Boring? I wish my Coogs new uni's looked half as good.

SMU2014SM_zpsb60759f5.jpg

SMU2014PANTS_zpsd6bc0cc3.png

I'm not really a fan of the white helmet-red jersey-gray pants. t way.

An easy fix would be to add a red throwback helmet to the mix.

51GeidukHQL__SY300__zps30d1d461.jpg

Why can't they treat the horse logo the same on each set? I see:

1. Red with white and then blue outline

2. Red alone

3. Red with blue outline

Other than that, it's a huge upgrade.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked SMU's shoulder stripes they were very unique and didn't need to be changed.

Well, at least they don't have sleeve caps.

Actually, they did need to be changed, because they were friggin' horrible. They were as bad as UCLA's shoulder stripes! Glad to see them gone!

Yeah, SUNY means nothing to me. I'd vote New York-Buffalo or just NY State. I'm not familiar with Buffalo's curriculum, but they could always go with New York Tech, A&M or some other suffix if the other NYS schools fight them on claiming the "state" name.

Also, SUNY (Sunny) Buffalo just sounds retarded to non-NY folks. It's like you're part of the travel bureau trying to convince people that Buffalo is some tropical oasis in the frozen north. "Come visit Sunny Buffalo!"

If there wasn't the Division III school I mentioned, Buffalo State would probably be the best solution. Alas, such is not the case. I vote for New York - Buffalo.

I think they should go through the state legislature and officially change the school name to New York State University or University of Buffalo.

You have no clue how the world of academia works, do you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

According to Wikipedia, Troy changed its name from Troy State on a vote from the Board of Trustees, so maybe going through the state legislature is unnecessary for New York schools.

I figured since the state chartered the school they got to pick what name they put on it.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

According to Wikipedia, Troy changed its name from Troy State on a vote from the Board of Trustees, so maybe going through the state legislature is unnecessary for New York schools.

I figured since the state chartered the school they got to pick what name they put on it.

The system formerly known as the Troy State University System did its rename as part of a general reorganization that saw all of the campus lose their independent institutional accreditations in favor of a merger into one administration. You're talking about renaming one part of the third largest higher education system in the country.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

new SMU unis:

Throwback or not these are boring. At least the northwestern stripes on the shoulders were unique.

Agreed. This was a very nice look:

kenneth-acker.jpg

Maybe they could have made the shoulder stripes a bit thinner, but dumping it altogether for glorified practice jerseys is a mistake.

I'd rather take the glorified practice unis over a set that had lame stripes (that were pretty arbitrary) and UNLV's basketball font.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

new SMU unis:

kenneth-acker.jpg

Maybe they could have made the shoulder stripes a bit thinner, but dumping it altogether for glorified practice jerseys is a mistake.

I'd rather take the glorified practice unis over a set that had lame stripes (that were pretty arbitrary) and UNLV's basketball font.
How are the stripes lame? They were a unique pattern that wasn't worn by anyone else in CFB at the time and switched to a basic pattern that's seen multiple times and a standard block font.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

new SMU unis:

kenneth-acker.jpg

How are the stripes lame? They were a unique pattern that wasn't worn by anyone else in CFB at the time and switched to a basic pattern that's seen multiple times and a standard block font.

Because they look older, and older is always better in the hivemind of CCSLC

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

new SMU unis:

kenneth-acker.jpg

No other team wore them because they looked terrible. This is college football we're talking about, where teams rip off other teams' looks in a nanosecond if it looks cool. Plus... Northwestern shoulder stripes for a school that really had never used Northwestern stripes. Kinda lame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived