College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

That's not nearly as horrible as I would have thought. It's certainly not in my top ten, but it's a passable alternate, IMO. Changes it up without getting too radical and it works for a one-off.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not great design, but i love seeing videos like that. it makes it all worth it and shows the importance (or at at least justification) of using alternate colored uniforms. thats exactly what you want an alternate to do, signify that it is a special uniform preferably used for a special game, and get the players and fans excited about the brand/school/game.

i would grade that uniform at about a C-, but its cool to see design bring excitement and energy to a group of people rather than the headaches and near loss of sight it usually brings us in this thread.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

it's not great design, but i love seeing videos like that. it makes it all worth it and shows the importance (or at at least justification) of using alternate colored uniforms. thats exactly what you want an alternate to do, signify that it is a special uniform preferably used for a special game, and get the players and fans excited about the brand/school/game.

i would grade that uniform at about a C-, but its cool to see design bring excitement and energy to a group of people rather than the headaches and near loss of sight it usually brings us in this thread.

Well said. And I don't feel like it's a bad uniform. Not the best, considering how many teams have gray alts nowadays, but like stated before, it's decent for an alt. And really, the biggest thing that matters is how the TEAM feels about it. So based on how psyched they were, job well done! Feel good, play good.

Wow, that's really a "glass half full" way to look at it. Maybe I should try harder to see it from this point of view... they are just kids getting excited, after all. But, honestly, I generally have a completely different reaction. There's a blond guy in a gray t-shirt in the crowd... you can start to see him at about the 30 second mark... who is going absolutely out of his gourd. Maybe I'm being a little cynical, but that reaction just comes off to me as more than a bit phony. If he was acting like that after winning the lottery, I'd have to tell him to tone it down a bit. I can't help feeling that some of this is a reaction to these kids watching other team's "reaction videos" and feeling the need to play their part. I just find it all kind of calculated and uncomfortable. Again, maybe I'm just being cynical.

Wow, that's really a "glass half full" way to look at it. Maybe I should try harder to see it from this point of view... they are just kids getting excited, after all. But, honestly, I generally have a completely different reaction. There's a blond guy in a gray t-shirt in the crowd... you can start to see him at about the 30 second mark... who is going absolutely out of his gourd. Maybe I'm being a little cynical, but that reaction just comes off to me as more than a bit phony. If he was acting like that after winning the lottery, I'd have to tell him to tone it down a bit. I can't help feeling that some of this is a reaction to these kids watching other team's "reaction videos" and feeling the need to play their part. I just find it all kind of calculated and uncomfortable. Again, maybe I'm just being cynical.

i never felt it was staged. i think these kids just see schools like Oregon with the alternate uniforms and just hope one day their school will get one. They don't see everything that comes out like we do and most might not even see a gray alternate unless they play a team that wears one. i think it's still something fresh and new to them and makes them feel a little bit more like the cool kids at Oregon.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i never felt it was staged. i think these kids just see schools like Oregon with the alternate uniforms and just hope one day their school will get one. They don't see everything that comes out like we do and most might not even see a gray alternate unless they play a team that wears one. i think it's still something fresh and new to them and makes them feel a little bit more like the cool kids at Oregon.

Yeah, I wouldn't have said "staged" either, exactly... at least not in the sense that the kids are being told how to act. I don't know if I'm describing it very well. It just feels to that some of the reaction is a bit over the top. They know the camera is on them, and they (presumably) have seen other team's "uniform reveals" on youtube, and they react the way they think they're supposed to. But you might be right... it could all be very geniuine (in which case, the poor boys just have really bad taste :P ).

Well said. And I don't feel like it's a bad uniform. Not the best, considering how many teams have gray alts nowadays, but like stated before, it's decent for an alt. And really, the biggest thing that matters is how the TEAM feels about it. So based on how psyched they were, job well done! Feel good, play good.

Is the blue cuff supposed to be a 3rd stripe or is that a 2 stripe sleeve with blue cuffs? And yes there is a difference. One is intentional the other is poor design.

umassdirimg.jpg

Apparently UMass' entry into D1 (or whatever they're calling it now) means a manufactured "rivalry" with BC. I understand it from a marketing standpoint, but from a football standpoint, it makes zero sense. There's nothing competitive about it- one team is arguably one of the worst in the country (if not the ​worst) , and one is just kinda there, with occasional spots of brilliance every few years, nevermind the fact that there is absolutely no history between the two.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

umassdirimg.jpg

Apparently UMass' entry into D1 (or whatever they're calling it now) means a manufactured "rivalry" with BC. I understand it from a marketing standpoint, but from a football standpoint, it makes zero sense. There's nothing competitive about it- one team is arguably one of the worst in the country (if not the ​worst) , and one is just kinda there, with occasional spots of brilliance every few years, nevermind the fact that there is absolutely no history between the two.

I agree. I mean, I can see that it's starting up as a "rivalry" game just because two Massachusetts schools are playing each other, but yeah, to me, in order for it to be a rivalry, there needs to be more history. But on the other hand, it's also pretty neat that they're having a rivalry game. Not a bad title for it either, IMO.

Is the blue cuff supposed to be a 3rd stripe or is that a 2 stripe sleeve with blue cuffs? And yes there is a difference. One is intentional the other is poor design.

Supposed to be 2 stripes and a cuff.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

umassdirimg.jpg

There's history in other sports, just not football. I have no problem with the only two FBS schools in the state playing each other and trying to create some fun.

Other states have intra-state rivalries amongst its schools, why should Massachusetts be any different? UMass used to have a rivalry with UConn, but that fizzled out when UConn moved up to the FBS while UMass stayed down in FBS. UMass' biggest in-state rival at that time ended up being Holy Cross. And now that UMass is in the FBS, why not try to form a rivalry with another local FBS team?

By marketing this game, UMass can try to increase its exposure, and improve recruiting. They play in a mid-major conference that's getting more tv time and media coverage. Eventually, they'll put together some 5- and 6-win seasons, and be able to compete with BC, which at this point, is no better than a 5- or 6-win team in the highly competitive ACC.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

umassdirimg.jpg

There's history in other sports, just not football. I have no problem with the only two FBS schools in the state playing each other and trying to create some fun.

Other states have intra-state rivalries amongst its schools, why should Massachusetts be any different? UMass used to have a rivalry with UConn, but that fizzled out when UConn moved up to the FBS while UMass stayed down in FBS. UMass' biggest in-state rival at that time ended up being Holy Cross. And now that UMass is in the FBS, why not try to form a rivalry with another local FBS team?

By marketing this game, UMass can try to increase its exposure, and improve recruiting. They play in a mid-major conference that's getting more tv time and media coverage. Eventually, they'll put together some 5- and 6-win seasons, and be able to compete with BC, which at this point, is no better than a 5- or 6-win team in the highly competitive ACC.

Georgia State will be in the same boat. We have a big twitter rivalry with Georgia Southern over the GSU moniker and sadly will lose maybe the first 20 meetings of that rivalry. Kennesaw State may be a better option. Dont see a true rivalry developing with Ga Tech (the other ATL school) or UGA happening either

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived