College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as cool as the Nike ones, but a pretty nice uniform for them.

I especially like how the players will wear their rank on their jersey:

10253138.jpeg

I think theyre cooler because of the customization in rank, but not as good looking as Nikes. The Nike PCs have some really great type work. . . That might be the first time ive ever said that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Navy is gonna look spectacular once again. I love that the wonderful helmet is (somewhat) staying. I still like it, but I liked the first one better. The ranking stripes are probably the best thing of any uniform that I can think of right now. That's just an awesome touch.

Curious to see what Under Armour rolls out for Maryland, Texas Tech, and possibly Northwestern. The way UA has restrained themselves with Navy and Notre Dame and how these new uniforms are so clean cut and great looking, it makes me wonder if UA realized they didn't have to go all out crazy like in years past. We could very well be seeing a change in mentality when it comes to uniform design from the guys in Baltimore.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Navy is gonna look spectacular once again. I love that the wonderful helmet is (somewhat) staying. I still like it, but I liked the first one better. The ranking stripes are probably the best thing of any uniform that I can think of right now. That's just an awesome touch.

Curious to see what Under Armour rolls out for Maryland, Texas Tech, and possibly Northwestern. The way UA has restrained themselves with Navy and Notre Dame and how these new uniforms are so clean cut and great looking, it makes me wonder if UA realized they didn't have to go all out crazy like in years past. We could very well be seeing a change in mentality when it comes to uniform design from the guys in Baltimore.

Absolutely. They know in the CFB game they are Nikes only real rival with adidas dropping out more and more. UA have really focused on well thought out, unique designs the last couple of years onstead of trying to out-Nike Nike. Actually i think they adopted the adidas approach some before they lost their way. Look at Texas AM and Michigan alts and Miss State. Thats the kind of thing UA is doing now. Its not ridden with stupid ass patterns and not cookie cutter fill in the blank designs. Its really refined, smart, modern stuff. Not totally unique in Navys case but i bet they wanted it that way. UA is going to be the undisputed best bery soon IMO

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I nominate Abilene Christian for top-10 helmet in college football.

Football-Helmet-790x400.jpg

That helmet is a thing of beauty. :wub:

They did Northwestern alternate helmet better than Northwestern...

northwestern_black_helmet.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

10253138.jpeg

I think theyre cooler because of the customization in rank, but not as good looking as Nikes. The Nike PCs have some really great type work. . . That might be the first time ive ever said that

Adding the rank is a new element that is neat but every other element that ua has rolled out this year for navy and nd is borrowed from another ua design. The shamrock and the all white navy are essentially toned down nike designs. The base nd uni is unchanged from adi (not a bad thing) and the new navy set borrows the northwestern chest stripe. The small color inserts above the knee are from texas tech.

I suppose you can heap praise on ua for showing restraint and achieving a more tasteful modern look but the designs themselves are hardly original. They are basically taking nike's designs that attempt to turn the volume up to 11 and turning it down to 9. This strategy could pay off nicely for ua.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think Navy's new uniforms are a downgrade. It's the exact same template as Texas Tech's lone star uniforms. At least what Nike did was unique.

2013-texas-tech-lone-star-football-unifo

I don't think there was any way to outdo Nike on those uniforms

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

10253138.jpeg

Adding the rank is a new element that is neat but every other element that ua has rolled out this year for navy and nd is borrowed from another ua design. The shamrock and the all white navy are essentially toned down nike designs. The base nd uni is unchanged from adi (not a bad thing) and the new navy set borrows the northwestern chest stripe. The small color inserts above the knee are from texas tech.

I suppose you can heap praise on ua for showing restraint and achieving a more tasteful modern look but the designs themselves are hardly original. They are basically taking nike's designs that attempt to turn the volume up to 11 and turning it down to 9. This strategy could pay off nicely for ua.

Yea you would expect to see the primary ND uniform go unchanged but the Shamrock uni has its unique qualities. The most impressive element there is the undershirt. I feel Nike would have forced that into the numbers. I dont see the connection between Navy and NW at all though. Where are they even remotely similar?

I totally forgot about the TT alternate of last year. Remove points for original design here. But what they're doing is still beyond what Nike does 99% of the time. No one else has the NW chest stripe. I dont think anyone has these Navy rank stripes. Certainly no one else looks like Maryland. Most of Nikes development includes a terrible number font and a pattern somewhere

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived