College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Every team looks better with the "color #1 - color #2 - color #1" combo

Illinois rebrand has grown on me a lot, looks great

Yeah, I think orange/blue/orange is by far the best, but I'm still not sure if the blue jerseys will actually be ready this year or not. Which shouldn't even be a question since blue has been the primary jersey color forever.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIAP

1395208_10152640572299410_33880497965007

don't understand why they don't use gold as the standard helmet. gold/black/gold is a great look for them.

Black on black on black...soooooo original.

But since it's actually one of their school colors and something they've used in the past, it works for them when it doesn't for others.

Navy looks pretty good. Not as good as the Nike alts but still a solid look. Stepping their game up.

From what I've seen from the Boise game, the orange looks red. I think a blue logo would've looked better.

I forgot about FSU's new uniforms. I'm excited to see those in action.

So, how can Vandy wear "Anchor Down" on their nameplates (tone on tone, nonetheless) yet S. Florida was told no to their "The Team" nameplates? I don't see any difference between those.

And Minnesota wore TNOB nameplates, which is obviously within the rules. Just thought it looked stupid, especially in their gimmicky font. And I like the rest of the Gopher's uniforms.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

We all know ULM looked awful, but why in the world is Wake Forest still wearing those awful Nike piping / half collar jerseys?

I dont really mind Boise's helmets, at least they didnt go too overboard with the chrome and the shiny orange looks halfway decent.

Arizona State is wearing gold-maroon-gold.

ASU has a new finish on their gold helmets. They used to be more of a matte yellow and they are now back to a shiny gold. Sorry no pictures right now

Welcome to the boards. As for the new finish, i'm not too fond of it. It looks like a different shade of yellow than the pitchfork outline

Cant tell in the photo, but in the highlight videos it is noticeable

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=400548255&photoId=4123914

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Yeah, those Boise helmets really killed their (somewhat) decent combo, if they would've just changed the stupid chrome horse it would've saved the thing.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

SIAP

don't understand why they don't use gold as the standard helmet. gold/black/gold is a great look for them.

Vandy is getting charged a timeout out at the start of each quarter for the "Anchor Down" on the back of the jersey.

Now their saying they're appealing it and saying they were approved... what a mess. Look good on the field though.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

SIAP

Vandy is getting charged a timeout out at the start of each quarter for the "Anchor Down" on the back of the jersey.

Now their saying they're appealing it and saying they were approved... what a mess. Look good on the field though.

I meant to ask how they were able to get that when the rules clearly state only service academies can do that

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

They really shouldn't need the timeouts...it's temple. Asu looks like the a&m finish on the maroon helmets

Well it's Vanderbilt... and it's 7-7 almost at the half... so...

Also, is there really a rule that says only a military academy can use "Anchor Down"? I know the "Commodore" the nickname is based off of wasn't really in the navy, but that rule would not make sense to me.

EDIT: Last second correction it's 14-7 Temple.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived