College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Boise surprised me with how much I liked their look tonight. Not crazy about the chrome, but those unis really popped off the screen.

Vandy's pajama sleeves are driving me crazy.

Watching the Wazzu / Rutgers shootout -- I always forget how much I love Wazzu's color palette. And that Rutgers helmet is still one of my faves.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a guy who got brought up going to Army football games it pains me how awesome seemingly every one of Navy's alts is.

Also that UL Monroe camo jersey/thing just made an instant leap incredibly high up the 'Worst Uniform Ever' list.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Boise surprised me with how much I liked their look tonight. Not crazy about the chrome, but those unis really popped off the screen.

Watching the Wazzu / Rutgers shootout -- I always forget how much I love Wazzu's color palette. And that Rutgers helmet is still one of my faves.

I agree, Boise looked pretty sharp. Chrome is at least tolerable when it's not the focal point (à la Baylor). I didn't mind Boise's chrome tonight. I think it can look nice as an accent with the right color scheme and identity but has unfortunately been overused and is simply played out at this point by a lot of teams that have no business wearing chrome.

These short-lived trends in the copycat reality of college football always remind me of this basic concept:

Product%20Life%20Cycle%202.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I agree, Boise looked pretty sharp. Chrome is at least tolerable when it's not the focal point (à la Baylor). I didn't mind Boise's chrome tonight. I think it can look nice as an accent with the right color scheme and identity but has unfortunately been overused and is simply played out at this point by a lot of teams that have no business wearing chrome.

These short-lived trends in the copycat reality of college football always remind me of this basic concept:

Product%20Life%20Cycle%202.jpg

Adidas has never seen that chart. Can you please add them to the thread?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Boise State's orange helmets are incredibly unimpressive.

If the logo was blue instead of chrome they would look 1000x better.

Totally agree. At times it looked like just a plain orange helmet. It's Boise freaking State, where's the BLUE ???

Looks like many on here were right, and "Hail State" can't be on the front of the jersey. The "Mississippi State" logo will be on the chest instead.

y0PMbsr.jpg

There seems to be some room on the shoulder for another patch. They should look into that.

Looks like many on here were right, and "Hail State" can't be on the front of the jersey. The "Mississippi State" logo will be on the chest instead.

y0PMbsr.jpg

There seems to be some room on the shoulder for another patch. They should look into that.

Hooray! More belly numbers!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

BwNIGwnCUAA3y4q.jpg
UCF's Pot O' Gold helmets for the Croke Park Classic vs Penn State tomorrow. Ugh.

For a special game, I don't mind this. I don't understand why the pot isn't black though. That would look better.

They really shouldn't need the timeouts...it's temple. Asu looks like the a&m finish on the maroon helmets

Well it's Vanderbilt... and it's 7-7 almost at the half... so...

Also, is there really a rule that says only a military academy can use "Anchor Down"? I know the "Commodore" the nickname is based off of wasn't really in the navy, but that rule would not make sense to me.

There is a rule that only service academies can use slogans or terms that aren't either a player name or the team nickname (i.e. Commodores, Owls, Tigers, etc.)

gYH2mW9.png

I don't recall seeing the Louisiana-Lafayette uniforms being posted since the announcement that they were switching to Adidas. A coworker of mine attended ULL and alerted me to this picture they posted on their Facebook page. If these are the actual game jerseys, they're pretty tame. Although, that IS a fairly large fleur de lis on the sleeves:

10580100_10152431440858392_7627343627857

gYH2mW9.png

I don't recall seeing the Louisiana-Lafayette uniforms being posted since the announcement that they were switching to Adidas. A coworker of mine attended ULL and alerted me to this picture they posted on their Facebook page. If these are the actual game jerseys, they're pretty tame. Although, that IS a fairly large fleur de lis on the sleeves:

10580100_10152431440858392_7627343627857

Not bad. The shoulder logo would look better in a different color than the jersey. Ragin Cajuns on the undershirt sleeves are a nice touch.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Does miss state still wear this for normal home and away? Can someone confirm?

2012-miss-state-football-uniforms.jpg

I always thought that this was one of Adidas better offerings.

Sadly all I can remember from Miss state recently is special uniforms with flashy gold or dull grey numbers. Their look has really been muddled by bad alternates

BwNIGwnCUAA3y4q.jpg
UCF's Pot O' Gold helmets for the Croke Park Classic vs Penn State tomorrow. Ugh.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the white pot of gold is that it was a quotation bubble. It needs to be black.

This seems like kind of a tacky way to give a nod to Ireland correct? Why not just put a pint of Guinness on the helmet as well?

NCAA has gotta put the hammer down on :censored: like that too.

The NCAA has to put the hammer down on about 99% of the crap linked in this thread. This is out of control.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived