College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Kentucky ran this add during the Superbowl yesterday in the state and I was wondering if someone could blow it up and tell me what color is the helmet the player on the left (black uniform @ 0:44) is holding in his hand? I have tried to blow it up, but it is too blurry.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeytRCJMlo

spacer.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky ran this add during the Superbowl yesterday in the state and I was wondering if someone could blow it up and tell me what color is the helmet the player on the left (black uniform @ 0:44) is holding in his hand? I have tried to blow it up, but it is too blurry.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGeytRCJMlo

Looks to be chrome with a blue chrome facemask??

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Thanks

At least it's not gray. His head may have exploded on screen.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks

At least it's not gray. His head may have exploded on screen.

Chrome helmets is just as bad as gray facemasks....

Thanks DJAM2410 as I could not tell what color it was.

spacer.png

A person close to the university says that Mississippi State is re-signing with Adidas for another ten years. Reason is because they are a top-tier adidas school, but would be a lower-tier Nike school.

Well in about 8-10 years from now, they may be the only school in FBS to wear adidas outfits. With Tennessee jumping to Nike, you can bet other schools (UCLA, Michigan, etc.) will follow suit and switch to the swoosh label.

Bad logic. Schools will go with who will give them the most money. adidas will be desperate to not only hold on to who they already have but will pay more to gain new schools. Unless they decide to get out of the NCAA competition all together which they won't do. School's care more about $$$ than they do about uniforms and shoes.

Whew. I think we were all concerned that Indiana only had as many helmet options as wins last year. Now they may at least be able to have as many helmet options as games so fans have something to look forward to.

b8dbd6688c2911e3a6700a6ec22b36e0_8.jpg

214ef0a48c2a11e3ab2b12f292af6a15_8.jpg

*gets out flamethrower*

BRB. There is work that needs to be done.

Whew. I think we were all concerned that Indiana only had as many helmet options as wins last year. Now they may at least be able to have as many helmet options as games so fans have something to look forward to.

:censored: you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

MFMS for Indiana (Maroon for Maroon's sake)? Or are they switching from red to maroon? I like alternate helmets as much as the next guy, but good gravy is that a lot! Plus, they're not even good! the Bottom right and the left one on the 3rd row seems kinda "eh" but the rest are just :puke:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

and to think I was worried that Kentucky was gonna have the worst looking helmet this year! Gotta hand it to those Hoosiers, they know how to look like clowns.

Those are some seriously crude mockups there. Looks like paint pens, spray paint and masking tape. Very unlikely those were professionally done.

and to think I was worried that Kentucky was gonna have the worst looking helmet this year! Gotta hand it to those Hoosiers, they know how to look like clowns.

Those are some seriously crude mockups there. Looks like paint pens, spray paint and masking tape. Very unlikely those were professionally done.

None of those are real. They were mock-ups set up around the equipment room to show recruits.

None of those are real. They were mock-ups set up around the equipment room to show recruits.

Correct. My point being that the quality being that of a DIY weekend garage project.

I love to see Michigan go with Under Armour, no particular reason just my #1 school and #1 clothing brand

Not gonna happen with Notre Dame switching to UA. I'm sure it's in our deal somewhere that we'll be their highest paid school (like Michigan currently has with adidas), and Michigan won't have that.

Correct. My point being that the quality being that of a DIY weekend garage project.

As for the person that called it "maroon for maroon's sake". IU's colors are officially cream and crimson so a red that's darker than the more scarlet-like jerseys they've been wearing would be more appropriate. I'm a huge IU fan and would really like to see them go to a darker red that's more in line with the school colors.

Are teams going to have to start switching helmets at the end of each quarter just to get each helmet some paying time?

I'm beginning to think the NFL's "only one helmet for safety" rule was just a preemptive strike against the chance that this CFB dumpster fire might trickle up.

Archived