College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some info on the Illinois rebrand from the associate AD during a Signing Day chat:

-planning for a formal unveiling in mid-April, likely open to the public

-new uniforms for several sports

-logo will change, colors may be adjusted so they're easier to reproduce

-new endzones, possibly new basketball court design

-no black

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the blue jersey would look 10x better with white numbers.

BfupDHSCcAAyxNW.jpg

Copper or white outlines or both around the numbers would look good.

Agreed

Some info on the Illinois rebrand from the associate AD during a Signing Day chat:

-no black

As long as they're getting new football uniforms

BfupDHSCcAAyxNW.jpg

This whole rich rod set along with the red helmet are an absolute atrocity. They abandoned a modernized classic look for a mish/mash that looks like it was created in MacPaint circa 1988.

The asymmetrical r/w/b stripe was a unique element that created an iconic look (at least out west) and also conjured up the past successes of the desert swarm days. This just flat out sucks and will be changed again in 3 years.

BfupDHSCcAAyxNW.jpg

Agreed

-no black

As long as they're getting new football uniforms

Last part of billy b's post is great, NO BLACK!!

1013731_284394491714051_1501090198_n.jpg

I posted this on my blog earlier today and to be quite honest with you that Chrome helmet really pisses me off! I hate that damn thing! Just like every other chrome helmet, you won't be able to see the logo 10 yards away.

Below is a somewhat better picture of the Blue Chrome Helmet and it is not much better:

KY_Blue_Chrome_Helmet_2.PNG

spacer.png

Are teams going to have to start switching helmets at the end of each quarter just to get each helmet some paying time?

I'm beginning to think the NFL's "only one helmet for safety" rule was just a preemptive strike against the chance that this CFB dumpster fire might trickle up.

I have thought that since the rule was implemented and I love it because this is getting way out of hand!

spacer.png

Seeing that Arizona set above just makes me pine for the days of Ortege Jenkins flipping over people all over again...

(But with the Titans-esque numbers, of course.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are teams going to have to start switching helmets at the end of each quarter just to get each helmet some paying time?

I'm beginning to think the NFL's "only one helmet for safety" rule was just a preemptive strike against the chance that this CFB dumpster fire might trickle up.

I have thought that since the rule was implemented and I love it because this is getting way out of hand!

Not every team is out-of-control, some just have the right number of combinations, but the chrome/gold/matte black/hokie stone :censored: is ridiculous.

FTR, the NFL one should be abolished as well, no team is going to let all hell break loose as it has here, they should at least allow different helmets for throwbacks, you can't deny that. It throws the set off to have a jersey based off of the '70's when you're using a current helmet that most of the time will use a different logo and completely rip-off the color scheme.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Dear Arizona Wildcats,

JJ+football+northtexas+sept03+010.jpg107312380_display_image.jpg

Sincerely,

Everyone.

PS - If you want to get crazy, you can add the copper helmets.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

BfupDHSCcAAyxNW.jpg

Why does that belt deal make me think of this?

fannypacktourist.jpg

Thats definitely the worst part about. Its Nikes biggest problem, coloring in random template panels like theyre just clicking away on the fill tool in PS. Then theres the number font.

I swear i dont know why there so much love for Nike over the other manufacturers when there is :censored: like this being put out that screams amature design. They all have a few great pieces and they all produce garbage too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived