College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we give Russell Athletic a lot of grief for their horrible uniform designs, but I have got to say they did an amazing job for UT-Martin as I thought their uniform was the best looking one on the field against UK on Saturday. BTW, whatever Kentucky did to their blue helmets needs to be reverted back to last years colors.

8.jpg

Auburn called -- it wants its uniform back.

I posted this on twitter Saturday. Being the resident Auburn uniform guy, I can't tell you how many tweets I got about those UT-Martin uniforms. And whenever someone mentions Auburn doing something different - blue pants, orange tops, whatever - they always reference UTM to see how it would look.

bnyh6_zps7c0d792b.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I know we give Russell Athletic a lot of grief for their horrible uniform designs, but I have got to say they did an amazing job for UT-Martin as I thought their uniform was the best looking one on the field against UK on Saturday. BTW, whatever Kentucky did to their blue helmets needs to be reverted back to last years colors.

8.jpg

Hey, I never said that they didn't look like Auburn, but I am surprised that Russell can actually make good looking uniforms. Although I do prefer the pants stripe on the UTM set compared to Auburn's.

spacer.png

8.jpg

Hey, I never said that they didn't look like Auburn, but I am surprised that Russell can actually make good looking uniforms. Although I do prefer the pants stripe on the UTM set compared to Auburn's.

The pants stripes are the exact same outside of UnderArmour's tapering stripe due to the template.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Florida State made a completely unnecessary change. I thought they were on that unchangeable uniform level especially after returning to the top of the mountain last year.

Why mess with a good thing and then if you do why go to that Christmas sweater? Also those numbers illegible on TV.

The only thing I like about their new uniforms is the spears crossing on the back of the helmet.

they come up with these redesigns up to a year before they actually make the change. there was no idea they would win the championship this year before actually making the decision to get new uniforms.

Florida State made a completely unnecessary change. I thought they were on that unchangeable uniform level especially after returning to the top of the mountain last year.

Why mess with a good thing and then if you do why go to that Christmas sweater? Also those numbers illegible on TV.

The only thing I like about their new uniforms is the spears crossing on the back of the helmet.

they come up with these redesigns up to a year before they actually make the change. there was no idea they would win the championship this year before actually making the decision to get new uniforms.

I'm aware.

It makes their decision to change uniforms look that much worse because they are one of those programs. Some teams should never waver from their classic uniforms (Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame etc.) not even for a one-off game, and I believe Florida State had reached that level.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm aware.

It makes their decision to change uniforms look that much worse because they are one of those programs. Some teams should never waver from their classic uniforms (Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame etc.) not even for a one-off game, and I believe Florida State had reached that level.

As much as I hate FSU, I agree. They never should've changed.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

8.jpg

The pants stripes are the exact same outside of UnderArmour's tapering stripe due to the template.

They cannot be the exact same if they are different.

spacer.png

Not sure why videos of players reacting to uniforms bother people, its not a picture, you actually chose to click on the video then sit there and watch it.

Because all they do is serve to reinforce the idea that these ridiculous costumes they call uniforms are OK.
Ehhh I don't know about that. These young players are, and I'm speaking from experience, easily impressed with new and free stuff. So whether it be a modern classic, classic classic, or shiny chrome foolishness, they will pop for it.

What I'm saying is I don't believe these clips reinforce much of anything because the players will always go wild for anything new. I didn't really care what we played in as long as it wasn't the same old stuff, especially when rival schools were getting new gear. Silly kid stuff I guess.

I didn't start appreciating good uni design until after I stopped playing. I just cared about winning games and enjoying the free perks that come with a uniform change like shirts, sweats, etc. The only folks that care is us and maybe pro athletes (Exhibit one being LeBron and his hate for sleeves).

Archived