College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I hate the that green helmet for Miami, it's way too bright, I wish they'd just stick with white, and Louisville's is just a mess, I like Louisville's blackout uniform, but the number font is kinda wonky and the Adidas tire track template is just awful in every way.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are two bad uniforms. On the canes, the mismatched greens are bad enough, but the white material of the jersey looks so cheap... almost see-through in areas. Nike's multiple-fabrics-on-one-item-of-clothing gimmick has grown pretty stale IMO. But I guess its worth it to look like crap as long as your ".08577% faster!!"

And the less said about that God-awful template Louisville is stuck with the better. Nasty looking game all around.

The bashing over Miami is ridiculous. Besides the greens being slightly off, they look pretty darn good. It seems people here just can't like football uniforms unless the helmet, sleeves and pants have 3 stripes and that's it. Yes, a lot of modern uniforms suck, but it seems 99% of modern uniforms unveiled get ripped on here. And I'm not a modern fanboy or anything, because Louisville looks like complete garbage tonight, but Miami looks legit

Those are two bad uniforms. On the canes, the mismatched greens are bad enough, but the white material of the jersey looks so cheap... almost see-through in areas. Nike's multiple-fabrics-on-one-item-of-clothing gimmick has grown pretty stale IMO. But I guess its worth it to look like crap as long as your ".08577% faster!!"

And the less said about that God-awful template Louisville is stuck with the better. Nasty looking game all around.

Someone mentioned earlier the newest Nike template fixes most of the issues with the sweatboxes and mismatched colors (Texas looks terrible with it)

460x.jpg

West_Virginia_Alabama_Walt_t_w600_h1200.

looks like they moved it to the collar and under the pits which i can live with, a big improvement

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I'm not seeing it...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the Nike mesh areas look cheap. They showed a player on the bench earlier and the nameplate and surrounding area were predominant. They looked like they were part of the vintage tear-away jerseys.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The bashing over Miami is ridiculous. Besides the greens being slightly off, they look pretty darn good. It seems people here just can't like football uniforms unless the helmet, sleeves and pants have 3 stripes and that's it. Yes, a lot of modern uniforms suck, but it seems 99% of modern uniforms unveiled get ripped on here. And I'm not a modern fanboy or anything, because Louisville looks like complete garbage tonight, but Miami looks legit

I'm a traditionalist myself and I happen to like Miami's look. The 'U' is still intact on the helmet and the jersey and pants are similar to the Ken Dorsey-era jerseys. It's not a bad look at all.

Watching the Louisville-Miami game tonight made me wonder:

Are there any Adidas schools that still wear Techfit 1.0 (i.e., not "ShockWeb")?

I know Michigan does not with the exception of their new under the lights jersey but I have no idea what the current version of their jersey is called.

Louisville-Miami was a decent looking game that was a few tweaks on each side from being a great looking game.

Louisville looks bad with that template with Adidas but who doesn't. You can't have sleeve stripes and the tire tread template with chains on the shoulders and look good. The lids for Louisville looked pretty good, would love to see something like that with white.

Miami has a perfect logo for a white helmet (my favorite helmet color) so the green looks bad. The ibis isn't as noticeable as I'd like it to be but overall it's a very nice look with some nitpicks.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I know this is late, but did we ever come to a conclusion about the Nike pics we saw of the FLA State helmets that we all gold? Are we not gonna see those?

and also, IMO here's how you fix the Noles unis:

- make all the gold darker, more of a gold and less of a "cardboard" color

- CHANGE THE FACEMASK COLOR, oh my god did I hate that. Did no one notice how purple it was before they were used?

- also fix the paint on the facemasks, it was chipping off on a ton of players

- also also, get some new material of helmet stickers. Those spears were almost completely wiped off on some player's helmets. Is Nike trying to put on the cheapest material's they can find? (I mean I know they are haha) but come on

- make the numbers on the white uni garnett with a gold outline, those were way to hard to see

Wow. Miami looked terrible tonight. You'd have to think that some of these programs would put their foot down and tell Nike "no" at some point.

I think it's probably a personal presence. Personally, I thought Miami looked good tonight. Louisville on the other hand was a mess to me. Like so many others have stated, that Adidas template just ruins the uniforms before you even get started.

Wow. Miami looked terrible tonight. You'd have to think that some of these programs would put their foot down and tell Nike "no" at some point.

That's never going to happen as long as Nike continues to pour money into these programs.

Look at the contracts for big-name coaches. They get money from Nike/Adidas/UA. So do the other parts of the programs. They are all being used as billboards and the schools need that money.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's never going to happen as long as Nike continues to pour money into these programs.

Look at the contracts for big-name coaches. They get money from Nike/Adidas/UA. So do the other parts of the programs. They are all being used as billboards and the schools need that money.

Aren't most of the big name coaches at programs with traditional uniforms? Texas, Bama, etc..? I know Saban was being offered big time money by UT. They're not gonna stray from their traditional uniforms.

940x.jpg

Blows last year's season opener uniforms by MILES.

Nice clean look for them. TCU is one of the few schools that actually makes purple look good.

2445065_display_image.jpg

Tom_Hodson.jpgMichael-Bishop-Kansas-State-98-02.jpg

I think these three teams have always made purple look good

The other purple schools

Don't forget Washington.

Prior to the redesign. The new ones looked hideous in Hawaii.

Washington looked best when they had the darker gold pants (vs the tan they've worn for the last dozen years or so). The brassy look was unique.

81u7uPovk5L._SL1500_.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived