College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Watching the Louisville-Miami game last night I felt neither team looked like themselves. Was watching the game at my dad's house and as soon as it started he said "Miami looks like Tulane". I had to agree with him. When I think Miami Hurricanes I think of orange. There was hardly any orange at all. The helmets just didn't look right at all compared to the rest of the uniform. As for Louisville, I get it was a blackout game and all so a one off all black alt is fine and makes sense. It's just that they looked like Cincinnati! One of their rivals, or at least they were. Also, again, helmet didn't look right. Like someone else said even close up you were straining to see any sort of helmet logo. If I was Captain America'd five years ago and just unfrozen last night and didn't know any better I would of thought I was watching an old C-USA Tulane-Cincinnati game.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami needs a green helmet, green pants, and green all over their white jerseys???!!!! LOLOLOL

Green is such a Miami school color that they, in the past, never used it!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

ummmm where have you been the past 10 years??

taylor-701860.jpg

Miami has worn green long before that picture as well.

noticed Miami also has a collar logo there. How many teams have had the collar logo before the "Nike Pro Combat" series

BYU did back in 1996:

sarkisian-byu-p1.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Note to Houston, bare stadium concrete is ugly. Before your next game, go to FastSigns and wrap it.

Baylor must of had more money available than Houston. Baylor was able to afford some brick wraps....

XQZ9LP.jpg

That is beyond tacky.

i guess that is what $230 million buys you

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

It looks tacky and would've been better executed to just put the pattern over a pad. I'm asuming there's padding behind that. Depending on how close it is to the side lines, it can't be straight concrete/brick.

It looks like it's hung directly over the concrete. If you are going to cheap out and not at least do a brick veneer (which can't be that expensive) and do printouts on a cheap banner have somebody design some cool graphics. After all you have a blank surface at that point, there's no good reason to do a faux surface.

When I think Miami Hurricanes I think of orange. There was hardly any orange at all. The helmets just didn't look right at all compared to the rest of the uniform.

I thought the Miami unis could have used more orange as well. Gee...where have I heard THAT before with respect to a team from Miami?

When I think Miami Hurricanes I think of orange. There was hardly any orange at all. The helmets just didn't look right at all compared to the rest of the uniform.

I thought the Miami unis could have used more orange as well. Gee...where have I heard THAT before with respect to a team from Miami?

Don't remind me :( . at least this Miami team has orange pant/helmet/jersey options ..

@dcjames5

Don't remind me :( . at least this Miami team has orange pant/helmet/jersey options ..

I was a Dolphins fan back in the early 1980's when I was a kid. That aqua and orange...loved it. Dan Marino sealed the deal. That was my team. The last 15 years have slowly made me lose interest. This rebranding totally lost me. I'm with you on the Hurricanes...at least there is an orange jersey/pants option - hold the monochrome.

I was a Dolphins fan back in the early 1980's when I was a kid. That aqua and orange...loved it. Dan Marino sealed the deal. That was my team. The last 15 years have slowly made me lose interest. This rebranding totally lost me. I'm with you on the Hurricanes...at least there is an orange jersey/pants option - hold the monochrome.

At least your old enough to remember. I have the faintest memories of Dan Marino since i was born in 92 . i dont blame you the lasdt few years have been terrible but the new uniforms have kinda grown on me ...all i think about with the old ones is 1-15 and losing . Can't wait to see the rest to the Canes combos though , i think green-white-orange , orange-white-green will be good lucks

@dcjames5

They are pushing the ibis logo too much. The jersey is ok with the logo but the helmet and pants are not good. The helmet would be ok without it and a stripe white orange white and use the regular sized U logo like the white one.

Totally agree with everything you just wrote.

Miami needs a green helmet, green pants, and green all over their white jerseys???!!!! LOLOLOL

Green is such a Miami school color that they, in the past, never used it!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

ummmm where have you been the past 10 years??

taylor-701860.jpg

Miami has worn green long before that picture as well.

noticed Miami also has a collar logo there. How many teams have had the collar logo before the "Nike Pro Combat" series

Collar logos have been a thing since the early '90s. I want to say the NFL started it by putting their logo there beginning in 1991. A year or two later, some SEC teams (South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU) started wearing the SEC logo on their collars (the Big East and Big 12 later tried a similar placement). Shortly after that, Notre Dame experimented with a golden dome collar logo, Ohio State and Auburn put their logos on the collars, and the trend caught on from there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow. Miami looked terrible tonight. You'd have to think that some of these programs would put their foot down and tell Nike "no" at some point.

That's never going to happen as long as Nike continues to pour money into these programs.

Look at the contracts for big-name coaches. They get money from Nike/Adidas/UA. So do the other parts of the programs. They are all being used as billboards and the schools need that money.

Spurrier says no to Under Armour. He also says no to the I-Formation.

Archived