College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Wow. Miami looked terrible tonight. You'd have to think that some of these programs would put their foot down and tell Nike "no" at some point.

That's never going to happen as long as Nike continues to pour money into these programs.

Look at the contracts for big-name coaches. They get money from Nike/Adidas/UA. So do the other parts of the programs. They are all being used as billboards and the schools need that money.

Spurrier says no to Under Armour. He also says no to the I-Formation.

South Carolina had a GFGS jersey and the wounded warrior set as well as those terrible camo options

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami needs a green helmet, green pants, and green all over their white jerseys???!!!! LOLOLOL

Green is such a Miami school color that they, in the past, never used it!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

ummmm where have you been the past 10 years??

taylor-701860.jpg

Miami has worn green long before that picture as well.

noticed Miami also has a collar logo there. How many teams have had the collar logo before the "Nike Pro Combat" series

Collar logos have been a thing since the early '90s. I want to say the NFL started it by putting their logo there beginning in 1991. A year or two later, some SEC teams (South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU) started wearing the SEC logo on their collars (the Big East and Big 12 later tried a similar placement). Shortly after that, Notre Dame experimented with a golden dome collar logo, Ohio State and Auburn put their logos on the collars, and the trend caught on from there.

craig4.jpg

eddiex-large.jpg

pics

Found em

Miami needs a green helmet, green pants, and green all over their white jerseys???!!!! LOLOLOL

Green is such a Miami school color that they, in the past, never used it!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

ummmm where have you been the past 10 years??

taylor-701860.jpg

Miami has worn green long before that picture as well.

noticed Miami also has a collar logo there. How many teams have had the collar logo before the "Nike Pro Combat" series

Collar logos have been a thing since the early '90s. I want to say the NFL started it by putting their logo there beginning in 1991. A year or two later, some SEC teams (South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU) started wearing the SEC logo on their collars (the Big East and Big 12 later tried a similar placement). Shortly after that, Notre Dame experimented with a golden dome collar logo, Ohio State and Auburn put their logos on the collars, and the trend caught on from there.

craig4.jpg

eddiex-large.jpg

pics

Found em

The abundance of huge pads is impressive. Also both the gold helmet and pants for nd in this pic are far superior to what they wear now. Its a great shade of gold and the pants/helmet match each other. Also the champion number font rocks.

Why can't any of the uniform providers come

Close to matching the helmet?! If the helmet was a matte looking gold like GT then matte pants would work but with the golden shiny dome the pants would look great by getting at least this treatment. Or just go back to this whole set. For teams with plain uniforms it looks better when all the colors match.

I think the exact opposite of that. In big games, especially the Natty, teams should look like themselves. I mean, why wouldn't you want to look instantly recognizable and showcase your established look for the biggest moments in program history? Cough*Oregon*cough

Midway.png

Obviously not in a modern scope, but what a downright stupid decision to wear zero school colors in only the biggest game in their football program's history.

But if recognizability (which isn't a word, I guess?) was your argument, then Oregon certainly pulled it off. Anyone who has knowledge of college football in the past ten years or so would know that if one school was going to have some wild uniforms which did not reflect school colors, it would be Oregon. Shoot, if they wore school colors only, I bet more people at the time would have had trouble figuring out it was Oregon based solely on the look.

"Grey wings and neon yellow and a big O? Must be Oregon! Oh those crazy uniforms they always wear!" sounds more plausible than "Green helmets over white jerseys with gold (or green) pants? Must be Oregon! They always wear their school colors in big games!"

Token Eugene guy, here. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of Duck uniforms, or their overzealous fans who act like their costumes actually give the team super powers. Most folks here are the very definition of bandwagon, jumping on during the last few years off Mike Belotti and into the Chip Kelley era.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Token Eugene guy, here. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of Duck uniforms, or their overzealous fans who act like their costumes actually give the team super powers. Most folks here are the very definition of bandwagon, jumping on during the last few years off Mike Belotti and into the Chip Kelley era.

Me? A "Eugene guy?" I'm not an Oregon fan. Or are you saying you're from Eugene?

I was just arguing the other side of Midway's statement because I think that it could be seen either way. I agree with his sentiment, but if there's a team that could get away with or even be more recognizable by not wearing their school colors, it's Oregon.

Here are the new Nicholls State helmets in action. They went with matte gray shells this year w/ red facemasks compared with the silver shells and gray facemasks they've used for years. Also, they FINALLY updated the helmet with the correct logo and hopped on the oversized logo train....but I think it actually works for us. I approve.

10535639_827400757299455_412663251043376

10623759_827400623966135_558513156451197

10577043_825576757481855_833025982630008

Old helmets for comparison:

1544487_825375057502025_1004165855661186

gYH2mW9.png

You thought this was someone other than Oregon?

Josh+Huff+Tostitos+BCS+National+Champion

I thought they were an Arena team... because that's what they look like right there.

How much longer until people just accept that's what Oregon will look like ? We all know they will wear crazy uniforms every game, I just see it as normal now

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived