buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

Oh man that's a beautiful look!!!! If they had kept the regular pants and added US flag accents it would've looked so much better but still a solid look. I want those socks too!

I can't stand when sports team try to get all jingoistic with their uniforms. No matter how hard you try to class it up, American flag apparel always ends up looking like it was bought at a truck stop or from a tent at the county fair.

BxDMIXHCIAA70LW.jpg

I actually like these Utah helmets. 99 of 100 schools would have ruined this with a black face mask.

NC State looks really good.

Maryland was granted a one time pass on the nameplate rules. They won't be charged a timeout.

Damn beat me to it ^^^ but I absolutely love those uniforms for Maryland

I love them too. Awesome tribute too, not a meaningless look like diamondplate or chrome for no real reason.

Maryland was granted a one time pass on the nameplate rules. They won't be charged a timeout.

That's pretty ridiculous, from a standards standpoint. Either have a standard, or don't.

That's pretty ridiculous, from a standards standpoint. Either have a standard, or don't.

I guess from a one-off stand point , it KIND OF makes sense, as long as it is done in the right way ? USF wanted to do it for the entire year and was denied . Vanderbilt wanted a team slogan on a black on black jersey and it was denied because they didnt specifically ask for the team slogan. Maryland would be doing it in a patriotic way on a unique one-off and was accepted ?

I wonder if the NCAA is like "Ask before hand and you can do it". Like listed above, teams didn't do specifically what the NCAA would have liked. Which, again, counteracts the point of having the rule entirely.

Totally agree. If you're not a service academy, you don't get to wear it. Period.

Does that apply to school names as well? Last week I noticed that McNeese State has "McNeese" on the NOB plate instead of individual player names.

McNeese%20St%20Nebraska%20Football%20-2.

Teams are allowed to use player names OR school names according to the rule.

Wow! Interjections that followed are NSFW!

Maryland will be wearing special "Maryland Pride" jerseys this week to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Baltimore and writing of "The Star Spangled Banner".

http://www.marylandpride.com/1812-uniform-reveal/

UMD_UA_2014_01-copy-300x300.jpgUMD_UA_2014_02-copy-300x300.jpg

UMD_UA_2014_04-copy-300x300.jpgUMD_UA_2014_05-copy-300x300.jpg

Saturday we’ll be wearing special uniforms against West Virginia in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Baltimore.

On September 13, 1814 a “band of pirates” courageously defended Fort McHenry in the historic Battle of Baltimore during the War of 1812. Two-hundred years later to the day, our team will honor the anniversary of the historic event by wearing uniforms that pay homage to it.

The uniforms highlight the poem “Defence of Fort McHenry, “which is inscribed onto the jersey sleeve, helmet, and footwear. The logo on the helmet and pant features the outline of Forg McHenry and an image of the famous flag that flew through the night of the Battle, which inspired our national anthem. Additionally, team captains will don red belts as American military captains did during the Battle.

haha, these are amazing. Although they do remind me of another Maryland team's alts (from 08-09):

navy-08-09-allblue-boblevey-675x380.jpg

navy-08-09-whiteblue-chazniell-675x380.j

Maybe it was intentional to look a bit like a service academy when honoring a military event