College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't scare me like that! I was assuming it was Michigan-related.

Hopefully those are fashion jerseys that are just for fans, but considering it's Adidas, I'd say Tennessee is probably going to wear those sometime this season.

Man I hope we do not wear that what a mess but anything for the recruits I am sure somebody some young player at UT has fell down after seeing this because it is straight fire! or something like that....

I like the concept of the helmet logo. It's actually the shape of a Terrapin (turtle) and a coastal fort. That could be cool with the Maryland flag in it too.

UMD_UA_2014_01-copy-300x300.jpgUMD_UA_2014_02-copy-300x300.jpg

UMD_UA_2014_04-copy-300x300.jpgUMD_UA_2014_05-copy-300x300.jpg

Maryland has a gorgeous color scheme. Why on earth are they wearing Red, Blue and Gold. There are by no means a service academy, have a solid home look and are seriously reaching with the Star Spangled Banner writing on the unis cause it was written in Maryland. The uniform itself isn't bad. The helmet is friggin awful the writing on the sleeve caps sucks, and the pants aren't even that great. Just when I thought under armour was coming out with good unis.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I like the concept of the helmet logo. It's actually the shape of a Terrapin (turtle) and a coastal fort. That could be cool with the Maryland flag in it too.

Maryland has a gorgeous color scheme. Why on earth are they wearing Red, Blue and Gold. There are by no means a service academy, have a solid home look and are seriously reaching with the Star Spangled Banner writing on the unis cause it was written in Maryland. The uniform itself isn't bad. The helmet is friggin awful the writing on the sleeve caps sucks, and the pants aren't even that great. Just when I thought under armour was coming out with good unis.

The whole idea is absolutely hideous and should have never made it into a product. I can't until a school tries to one up this one with either the Declaration of Independence or US Constitution text embedded throughout the uniform.

I find it a bit odd that Notre Dame and Maryland's (well, not so much the Terps) one-off uniforms are on the new template, yet ND, Navy, and the rest of the uniforms are on the older template. Texas Tech's new throwbacks are on the old template, even though they were one of the two teams last year that wore the new template...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

From UTSA Equipment twitter:

New lead uniform we will be wearing vs New Mexico. We will be auctioning off the jerseys beginning at kickoff.

BxHB8sYCIAA1k5g.jpg

The three stripes on the sleeves make these jerseys even worse.

Yeah I find the sleeve stripes hilariously shameless

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The whole idea is absolutely hideous and should have never made it into a product. I can't until a school tries to one up this one with either the Declaration of Independence or US Constitution text embedded throughout the uniform.

I'm more Patriotic than thou, with a bunch of players who will never darken the doorstep of a recruiting office.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Gosh, UA makes one okay/bad uniform, and everyone goes ape schitt crazy. Yeah, they didn't really need to make this uniform, but it does look nice if you take away the writing.

Yeah I don't get the bashing of UA about it. Honestly, I think it's really clever. I agree that it doesn't scream Maryland at all, but the uniform itself is pretty damn neat.

I dont see any problem with these unis. The 200th anniversary of the battle of Baltimore is a big deal and having Maryland do a tribute uniform for it is perfectly fine by me. It's certainly better than the other flag and camo uniforms that are made just to sell merch (i know they will sell these jerseys too) and use peoples patriotism against them.

I've never understood those "Glute Stripes" that Sam Houston is rocking. IIRC, Texas Tech had them on an alternate a few years back. They just draw your eye to the player's butts and inner thighs, not something that I need to be concentrating on. Terrible, terrible design.

Lamar has the same UA butt stripes on their unis

TJNRLINCFKKDKMQ.20140907025859.jpg

I was covering that Lamar game. Sad part is their head coach said he hates those stripes too. When they ordered them he didn't realize the stripes would be on back. He figured they would be normal stripes down the leg. These are the conversations you have during a 2-hour lightning delay.

Archived