College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helemts that had the initials of two team members who passed away this offseason. Apperantly made it up to the state Supreme Court.

Crap like this pisses me off!!!!!!! If the team decided that's how they want to honor their teammates let them do it! If West Virginia can do this to honor Marshall's team after the crash I see no reason it can't be used here. We are so worried about hurting the feelings of people who aren't even involved in the situation that it's just silly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's really no reason for the cross to be there... that's why it's a good reason to take it out.

Do what every other team does to honor fallen players/staff and use their initials or number.

If the team chose that as how they wanted to acknowledge them, I'm fine with that. Too many people are up in arms over minutiae and don't address real issues.

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

spacer.png

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

If you're going to insult a vast number of people it might be wise to be in the right time frame. The Christian cross dates from the mid-late Roman era which was much more recent than the Bronze Age. Otherwise, the Roman Empire wouldn't have had the technical sophistication or prowess to rule such a vast area of land. :)

It's not stupid it the law, if they were a private school they could put the cross on, but since it's a state school they can not place any symbols of religion around the campus unless they non denominational, like in the chapel at our school once we stopped being a baptist school we had to include the Star of David to our cross as to follow this rule.

Even as a Christian, I'm glad the government doesn't allow Christian symbols on public land and property. I don't want to live in a society where one day I could be told I can't practice my religion or lack thereof how I want to because of who's been elected. These rights are not to protect the majority, they are to protect the minority.

It's not stupid it the law, if they were a private school they could put the cross on, but since it's a state school they can not place any symbols of religion around the campus unless they non denominational, like in the chapel at our school once we stopped being a baptist school we had to include the Star of David to our cross as to follow this rule.

Did I ever say anything about this not being the law? No, I did not! But I believe that the law can be bent in certain circumstances when it comes to honoring a death of a person. Thankfully I work at a private University and I can have not only a Bible in my cube, but also a cross of Jesus hanging on the wall.

spacer.png

You can honor the death of a player just fine by just using their number, as has been done before on numerous cases.

You are right, I suppose you can honor someone that died on an interstate with a mileage marker as well, but 9 out 10 times you see crosses in the ground and that is on government property as well.

spacer.png

I think it's pretty funny and stupid that there are so many people who vehemently support the second amendment, but then get all bent out of shape when a part of the first amendment is upheld. Everson v. Board of Education in 1947. Look it up.

Now how about we leave the politics and religion in The Lounge?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think it's pretty funny and stupid that there are so many people who vehemently support the second amendment, but then get all bent out of shape when a part of the first amendment is upheld. Everson v. Board of Education in 1947. Look it up.

Now how about we leave the politics and religion in The Lounge?

I can do that...thanks for the suggestion as I get caught up in politics sometimes.

The state of Utah is batting a thousand.

BYU, UoU, and State all have really great sets in 2014.

I think Utah State is miles ahead of BYU and especially Utah. I love all of the Aggies uniform combos and how they havetraditional uniforms with slight modern touches.

spacer.png

Did I ever say anything about this not being the law? No, I did not! But I believe that the law can be bent in certain circumstances when it comes to honoring a death of a person. Thankfully I work at a private University and I can have not only a Bible in my cube, but also a cross of Jesus hanging on the wall.

Hmm so only observe laws that fit your world view. Good basis for a stable society. Obviously in practice laws are bent all the time but basing a society on caveats is a recipe for disaster.

Archived