College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

A former BC player (I assume) was killed in the 9-11 attacks and he always wore a red bandanna.

It's in memory of Welles Crowther, BC lacrosse player, who helped lead approximately 20 people to safety in the attacks. Back in 2011, UCF students honored his memory when the team played BC on the eve of the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-09-10/sports/os-ucf-boston-college-notes-0911-20110910_1_bandanna-ucf-students-ucf-fans

Classy gesture by the UCF fans.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Florida will be wearing Orange this weekend5648655676_f697534432_z.jpg

I really like that look. I'm surprised they haven't used this look since they moved away from it in like 1990.
They have used this look. Have you been living under a rock?
Don't watch a lot of FL games out here on the West Coast. Plus, I'm not exactly the biggest Gator fan so I don't have the best memory when it comes to their uniforms.

They've tended to lose in the orange. Surprised they're wearing them again.

I hope they lose again in orange this weekend.

spacer.png

according to the new smokey grey uniforms adidas plans to put out for tennessee and saturday down south says tennessee will have an orange helmet this is potentially what the combo will look like

Vy5R9x1.jpg

or

Uw51mTX.jpg

I realize that's just a mock up, but those adidas tire treads look absolutely hideous in certain color schemes. This is one of them.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

according to the new smokey grey uniforms adidas plans to put out for tennessee and saturday down south says tennessee will have an orange helmet this is potentially what the combo will look like

Vy5R9x1.jpg

or

Uw51mTX.jpg

I realize that's just a mock up, but those adidas tire treads look absolutely hideous ON ALL color schemes. This is one of them.

FTFY

Rumor of Texas Tech wearing throwbacks against Arkansas this upcoming weekend. Old SWC

BxCThWGCYAAthOT.jpg

Love them so much!!! :wub:

They look great. That logo looks so much better in simple red and white than it does with all the needless bevels.

Also Florida will be wearing Orange this weekend5648655676_f697534432_z.jpg

I really like that look. I'm surprised they haven't used this look since they moved away from it in like 1990.
They have used this look. Have you been living under a rock?
Don't watch a lot of FL games out here on the West Coast. Plus, I'm not exactly the biggest Gator fan so I don't have the best memory when it comes to their uniforms.

They've tended to lose in the orange. Surprised they're wearing them again.

Ugh I hate the orange jerseys. They're so committed to maintaining the blue-white-blue stripe on an orange background all across the uniform and then when they actually have an orange background they change the stripe. Drives me nuts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

At least they're not wearing this again:

397224.jpg

Why did you have to post this horrible image? It just made me remember this:

icon_15831628-179x318.jpg

It almost seems quaint that when these debuted, THIS was considered "edgy" and "innovative".

Oh how unprepared we were.

They hadn't even realized that school colors are just guidelines yet! We had BFBS back then, but still...

Marshall just announced they will be fixing their numbers after this week's game. The AD said they will get the white portion outlined in black. That doesn't make any sense to me, and doubt that will fix anything at all. Fans and especially media members can't stand the new numbers. I just think the AD misspoke or was misquoted on this matter.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Is it weird to think that I actually liked the one sleeve colored jerseys haha! Weren't the greatest, but I thought they were fun.

I really liked them only because of Va Tech and Marcus Vick. Everybody was hoping he was the second coming of Mike Vick but that didnt pan out

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Is it weird to think that I actually liked the one sleeve colored jerseys haha! Weren't the greatest, but I thought they were fun.

I really liked them only because of Va Tech and Marcus Vick. Everybody was hoping he was the second coming of Mike Vick but that didnt pan out

Yeah, probably best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

They're going white helmets vs. the white helmets of Illinois? Fail on the Huskies. Should've gone with gold.

Illinois is wearing all white against Washington this weekend. I assumed we'd finally see the orange helmets and pants since Washington is going white/purple/white. It'll be a visually boring game.

Archived