College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another new helmet for Kentucky ?? (where is nuodor [sorry if i misspelled it!) ??)

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Also Florida players are asking to go mono-orange vs. Kentucky...and the last time they did that was against...Kentucky..

http://yourlisten.com/asset/load/542662 (couldnt embed image)

Yes, you spelled it close enough or you can just call me New Order as that is the meaning of my name.

This chrome crap really pisses me off...look at the facemask and the chip strap as the strap is UK blue and the facemask is trash! But at least it is not as bad as last weeks nightmare.

I just realized that those are matte helmets!!!!! UGH, this sucks!

At least they are not wearing black or gray this week:

10675727_10152686347979581_9636389191115

spacer.png

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

So a cross isn't tasteful?
It's not lawful

Another new helmet for Kentucky ?? (where is nuodor [sorry if i misspelled it!) ??)

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Also Florida players are asking to go mono-orange vs. Kentucky...and the last time they did that was against...Kentucky..

Yes, you spelled it close enough or you can just call me New Order as that is the meaning of my name.

This chrome crap really pisses me off...look at the facemask and the chip strap as the strap is UK blue and the facemask is trash! But at least it is not as bad as last weeks nightmare.

I wish the helmets were shiny instead of matte and I wish the facemask was "normal" blue, but those things aside, this will be the best helmet Kentucky will wear this season. They really should wear this full-time and throw everything else out. Establish an identity.

The all-white with white helmet is going to look great, and I love Florida's orange jerseys, as long as the monochrome rumor isn't true. This will be a good looking matchup, uniform wise, again as long as Florida doesn't go monochrome.

EDIT: I just noticed that those are blue pants hanging in the lockers. Ugh. I'm not big on the "dipped in paint" look. Blue pants need blue helmet for balance.

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

I wish the helmets were shiny instead of matte and I wish the facemask was "normal" blue, but those things aside, this will be the best helmet Kentucky will wear this season. They really should wear this full-time and throw everything else out. Establish an identity.

The all-white with white helmet is going to look great, and I love Florida's orange jerseys, as long as the monochrome rumor isn't true. This will be a good looking matchup, uniform wise, again as long as Florida doesn't go monochrome.

EDIT: I just noticed that those are blue pants hanging in the lockers. Ugh. I'm not big on the "dipped in paint" look. Blue pants need blue helmet for balance.

I disagree as I think the White-White-Blue is a great look and although I do like Blue-White-Blue or All-White, you've got to admit any of these three choices are better without Black or Gray.

I also disagree on this being their best look they will wear this season as they haven't ruled out wearing their standard white helmet which is perfect. Here is the old & new helmet, call me old fashioned, but I prefer the old as the colors are official school colors:

Old%2Bvs%2BNew.jpg

spacer.png

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Orange monochrome? WHY??????

Florida going orange monochrome would look horrible, especially since the striping on the jerseys don't match the striping on the helmets and pants.

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Florida going orange monochrome would look horrible, especially since the striping on the jerseys don't match the striping on the helmets and pants.
Just awful. I just can't figure out why Gator players think this will look good. Orange popsicles!

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Just awful. I just can't figure out why Gator players think this will look good. Orange popsicles!

Do they even have orange pants?

BxSr0yXIQAAtQ_U.jpg

Do they even have orange pants?

Yes , they definitely have orange pants, wore them with orange jerseys against Louisville IIRC, and they've worn them with white jerseys and orange helmets. I happen to think they look nice.

Yes they do.

jeff-driskel-2013-florida-gators1.jpg i

Granted I believe this is from 2012, but they should look pretty much like that.

EDIT: Beaten to it, but I will also add that I like the orange pants too. Paired with the blue or white jersey that is. Tomorrow is going to look like crap though. Too much orange for me.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Arkansas will be going all white against Texas Tech.

BxVzeuiCEAAYePU.jpg

That's weird. Why do the double mesh shoulder panels on the front of Arkansas' jersey mimic the iconic jaws of the University of Washington's Husky Stadium?

It's our homage to the great western power in Washington.

On a side note however, while that chest insert is way over done, it's easy to see what they were going for if you view our logo closely. Those two red "tusks" are meant to mimic the two larger tusks on our razorback. It really wouldn't be a bad idea if you didn't know it wasn't an original idea and was used elsewhere with different explanations.

7305.png

Archived