College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helmets that had the initials of two team members who passed away this off-season. It apparently made it up to the state Supreme Court.

That is about as stupid as the people cheering for the deaths of military soldiers. A cross is the best way to honor a fallen person as it represents love and honor to that individual and this is just another case where the left minded people are offended by everything. Jeez, people need to grow up and realize the reason behind this memorial sticker and not be so petty!

Thankfully a good portion of the population disagrees with that. If you must memorialize individuals on uniforms do it tastefully either with a player number patch or initials that's it. This is sport nothing more, so keep it that way. There's no need to bring arcane symbols of bronze age superstition into the mix.

So a cross isn't tasteful?

Correct. Keep sports agnostic from the senseless tributes to religion and military. Things are better off that way.

Hahahaha...wow. I don't mind keeping sports separate from religious and military tributes, but honoring a death or paying tribute to the military isn't really "senseless". Only someone who has had no experience with either would think that way.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon's combo today: black helmet/green jersey/gray pants

BxbGfsvIIAAcLyO.jpg

Sloppy photoshop on this one. Look at where the tights meet the socks...it looks like there is a chunk of our his calf.

It's just the black portion of the sock, similar to the design in the below picture. You can see the same portion of the sock on the left leg as well.

ml4xGGo6XqEtL9okc0bn5Ug.jpg

UVA/Louisville looks really pleasing to the eye. Be better if UVA wasn't mono, but I'll take it.

I think the new helmet looks almost as good as the previous one.

I wish they used the stripes on the helmet, but they are looking good today.

UL%2Bvs%2BVA%2B-%2B3.JPG

spacer.png

The green jersey/gray pants combo is one of the few non-school color combos for Oregon that I can barely tolerate. Using a black helmet just ruins it, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Georgia Tech looks like Georgia Tech today. Fabulous!

GS%2Bvs%2BGT%2B-%2B1.JPG

Mismatched sleeves/pants stripes, mismatched helmet/rest of uniform gold...fabulous?

Yep. Compared to the crap they normally wear, absolutely. Have you seen the crap they normally wear. It's crap!

Georgia Tech looks like Georgia Tech today. Fabulous!

GS%2Bvs%2BGT%2B-%2B1.JPG

Mismatched sleeves/pants stripes, mismatched helmet/rest of uniform gold...fabulous?

Yep. Compared to the crap they normally wear, absolutely. Have you seen the crap they normally wear. It's crap!

Yeah, you're right, but this isn't perfect either. I'd say navy and gold is the 2nd easiest combination to make look good (behind black and red)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

South Florida is wearing the matte green helmet with the oversized gold chrome logo. It looks terrible.

Agree to disagree, the matte green helmet is better than the chrome gold.

10620774_857866340892668_365713867957884

Saying it's better than the gold chrome (which I agree with) isn't really a compliment. What was wrong with the normal gold helmet and the white one? Have they been completely eliminated?

As much as I want Illinois to be wearing orange helmets and either orange or blue pants, I have to say their update looks great. The sublte Red Grange stripes are a nice touch and the way the blue frames the orange really makes the orange pop. I would like to see how the new wordmark would look on the helmets, though. Might be a nice modern update to the old helmets. The "I" looks fine, but its such a vertical letter it doesn't fill the space very well IMO. Its just too bad the team is absolutely terrible.

Washington, on the other hand, looks absolutely atrocious with the black shoulders and tv numbers, (which I just noticed). And the "Jaws, Razorback Tusks, Bear Claws" on the pants are stupid. It looks like the players' purple girdles are showing through a tear in the pants.

Archived