College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To confirm the earlier post, Nebraska DID wind up wearing all white against Fresno, who wore all red.

On mobile, can't figure out how to copy hyperlinks at the moment.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

South Florida is wearing the matte green helmet with the oversized gold chrome logo. It looks terrible.

Agree to disagree, the matte green helmet is better than the chrome gold.

10620774_857866340892668_365713867957884

Saying it's better than the gold chrome (which I agree with) isn't really a compliment. What was wrong with the normal gold helmet and the white one? Have they been completely eliminated?

To my knowledge, the only old one that remains is the white one but I am not 100% sure. So far the chrome gold was worn weeks 1-2 and the green matte in week 3.

USF would look ok, but why are the logos massive and offset? So strange looking.

The logos aren't offset, its just an optical illusion as the horns are centered, but the lower portion is slanted. It's also so the earhole isn't covered by the logo.

How close are Minnesota's colors to Washington (NFL)'s? The maroon / burgundy / dark red looks significantly darker, but realy works well they way they use it. Slap a different logo on that helmet and it makes a good set for Washington - even sans pants stripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just realized a majority of the higher profile Under Armour schools all had a special/one-off jersey yesterday

Texas Tech - Throwbacks

Maryland - BoB Jersey

ND - Shamrock Series

Northwestern - No Game

Navy - regular jerseys

Toledo - regular

USF - new helmets

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The State of Iowa has a good thing going with both the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes. Both teams have fantastic, classic looks.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

To confirm the earlier post, Nebraska DID wind up wearing all white against Fresno, who wore all red.

On mobile, can't figure out how to copy hyperlinks at the moment.

541538c1153fe.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C58

Fresno State does not look like Fresno State there.

My thoughts exactly, but I don't think Fresno State's ever been good enough to deserve an iconic look anyways, and I actually think this look is pretty sharp. The helmet pops, and for some reason I love the Nike sleeves in blue with the white numbers on them

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Watching the game, the blue sleeves grew on me. Not a big fan of Nebraska going all white, but since Fresno went all red, I get why they did it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Florida Atlantic University unveiled new uniforms and helmets...again:

NewFAU1_zps944e7cb3.png

NewFAU2_zps5a7e6763.png

NewFAU3_zpseb5bf193.png

NewFAU4_zpsac479ae7.png

20140913_tcb_mb2_348.JPG.0_standard_730.

Better than last year's winged jerseys...

UPWEB_FAURice_Preview_MF.jpg

Still not better than the originals, though...

6592994.jpeg4771216.jpeg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This is just an observation over the first few weeks of the season. I follow college football and would be considering a fan of it, but flipping channels trying to see what games were on, 3/4 of the time I had no idea who was playing at first glance. All these uniforms dilute the brand, and for anyone who says that Oregon's brand hasn't been diluted, it has. Oregon's knack for changing, a few years ago, was the talk of the college football world as they screamed "look at us". Now, they are just one of a hundred different programs that pulls out a new uniform combination each week. Oregon's brand was to be different and edgey, and now they are normal and their brand is common and no one pays attention to what they do.

Archived