College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

NIU's all-white Storm Trooper set is so boring. They need to go with a Darth Vader style. I think they have one of the best logos; I wished they put this on the helmets:

2476_northern_illinois_huskies-alternate

Right now they either use just the NIU or just the huskie.

gotta love the badgers red helmet

The black stripes and facemask ruined it for me. It clashed with the red and white jersey/pants badly, in my opinion.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned, give the Badgers some black trim, like on the cuffs and collar, and that's a great look. The similarity to Nebraska should be a thing of the past.

Also, is it just me or do the Noles' facemasks still look purplish?

Midway.png

As mentioned, give the Badgers some black trim, like on the cuffs and collar, and that's a great look. The similarity to Nebraska should be a thing of the past.

Also, is it just me or do the Noles' facemasks still look purplish?

Still look purplish to me...

gotta love the badgers red helmet

I don't like it with the black stripes and mask, they are so out of place. Much prefer this version. That's a fantastic alternate look and is cohesive with the rest of the identity. The black matches nothing.

img24073323.jpg

Agree x 1000!

Virginia going monochrome is looking good against BYU.

20140913_ads_sb4_043.JPG.0_standard_730.

That looks AWFUL! What are those, grey undershirts? #50 needs a jersey that's about a foot longer. It's a half-shirt for crying out loud.

None of the problems you mention are actually part of the uniform design. Granted I love this look (sans the buttstripes).

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

That looks AWFUL! What are those, grey undershirts? #50 needs a jersey that's about a foot longer. It's a half-shirt for crying out loud.

Someone on Michigan was wearing one of those grey undershirts too, and it stood out as badly. It's weird that both Adidas and Nike schools are doing it. The worst was when North Texas was wearing their blackout alts and some guys had green undershirts hanging out. Not a fan of this trend

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

None of the problems you mention are actually part of the uniform design. Granted I love this look (sans the buttstripes).
So what's the problem, then? UVa needs to have jerseys line-dry so they don't shrink?

So what's the problem, then? UVa needs to have jerseys line-dry so they don't shrink?
UVA and BYU was the best looking game if the day. IMHO.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

The problem is they aren't wearing these. Logos on jerseys, instead of them just being plain, and traditional stripe on pants instead of Nike catalog stripe. I get that they introduced the stripe first, but for some reason it bothers the heck out of me.

vir-05-09-navywhite-leecoleman-vert-620x

How long has Clemson's purple been this blue? Their color scheme looks exactly like (classic) Illinois or Syracuse right now

Clemson is now wearing a color that is much closer to purple than it used to be. In the 80s and 90s, Clemson actually wore orange and navy (except for the purple alts). The switch to a brighter, more purple color happened in 2002 or so. I think a lot of it is also the lighting - in the sunlight, it's clear that it's purple.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived