College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Going with the theory of "no publicity is bad publicity," the Duct Tape Pajamas might get a few more National viewers on this week's Nebraska-Illinois game and considering Abdullah has moved up to 3rd or so on most analysts' Heisman lists, that may not be a bad thing.

"Yes, the uniforms are atrocious, but tune in and watch AA8 gash the Illini defense for 200 rushing yards."

I mean, adidas is clearly NOT smart enough to orchestrate something that subversive, but hopefully it's a silver lining to Nebraska's... umm silver colored linings.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that Penn State can't ever use normal football helmets? It seems like they always have their whole team outfitted in those goofy helmets that nobody else wears.

Makes me wonder if they have some sort of contract with Schutt.

I always thought the same thing, though a pretty good amount of our players wear the Revo SpeedFlex (at least enough for it to be noticeable). Maybe they have a primary contract with Schutt, but allow players to wear other helmets if they choose.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So we now have the Peach and Citrus Bowls back, and we have a bowl named the Cactus Bowl. I'm loving it!

Just need the Blue Bonnet Bowl back!

Didn't Dartmouth used to wear helmets like that not too long ago? I feel I remember playing with/against them back when the NCAA Football franchise had a bunch of the FCS schools, and they had helmets similar to those. I've always liked them. Very unique.

ASU and the Nubs look horrible. Is Nebraska going out in sequins for Dancing with the Stars or something?

Their primaries are white.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I always thought the same thing, though a pretty good amount of our players wear the Revo SpeedFlex (at least enough for it to be noticeable). Maybe they have a primary contract with Schutt, but allow players to wear other helmets if they choose.

I know Ohio State and Kent State have Riddell contracts. I believe Michigan has a contract with Schutt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Who has the best solid white uniforms? I'm not really a fan of any solid whites. I know PSU is a classic though

nicholls@oregon2013_kc-11-e1378066894441

Yup I was gonna say these or UT are mine.

I would have to go with UK for a current look, but my favorite all-time is Virginia Tech

3.PNG

logan-thomas-hokies.jpg

spacer.png

I know Ohio State and Kent State have Riddell contracts. I believe Michigan has a contract with Schutt.
Most Michigan players wear Riddell....

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Most Michigan players wear Riddell....

From observation and from reading various articles, some schools have exclusive deals like tosu and psu. Helmets are big business and landing big accounts (college programs) are perceived to be good for exposure. For non-exclusive schools the manufacturers/reps try to get in with the head equipment managers in order to become the preferred/default supplier to the point that unless a player requests a particular helmet model, they are issued the preferred supplier's equipment. This is a pretty standard sales tactic in the business world and can involve either really good pricing to seal the deal or a variety of perks/preferential treatment is offered to the customer. There's a good article in a recent forbes about xenith trying to crack into the helmet market that lays out some of this stuff.

10629786_941375452552448_539446447329556

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of former quarterback Andre Ware winning the Heisman Trophy, the Cougars will wear uniforms designed from the 1989 season. The 2014 Cougars meet Tulane on Saturday, Nov. 8, inside TDECU Stadium.

No word on the helmets yet, but I would bet that they will be the older gloss red shells with the decal seen below.

houstonglossredhelmet_zpsbc53004b.jpg

IMG_1891_zps67a39f27.jpg

One of the best all white sets in my opinion:

93102_story__2013-01-05T032959Z_29772683

I really like these, but the single pant stripe not matching with the double shoulder stripe bothers me. Pant stripes in general bother me on the Adidas template, they get warped so bad, and I don't think the Texas patch helps the cause here.

But for the most part these are really nice.

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of former quarterback Andre Ware winning the Heisman Trophy, the Cougars will wear uniforms designed from the 1989 season. The 2014 Cougars meet Tulane on Saturday, Nov. 8, inside TDECU Stadium.

From the looks of it, they got the pants stripe and belt color wrong:

ncf_aWare_576.jpg

Yup. :(

ncf_aWare_576.jpg

It's intereting that the lineman in that pic has no sleeve stripes, yet Ware is wearing the 2+ stripes look, and I think 3 sleeve stripes were the "official" look (like the 2014 jersey).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

ncf_aWare_576.jpg

It's intereting that the lineman in that pic has no sleeve stripes, yet Ware is wearing the 2+ stripes look, and I think 3 sleeve stripes were the "official" look (like the 2014 jersey).

06bad2f6426a8358695d6143a0f867fd1876c055

Correct.

Archived