College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bout some of these teams worry about playing decent football instead of dress up. Sick and tired of these half ass teams gloating about how cool they look and then go on to lose by 30.

I hate this logic. How in the hell does what you're wearing affect the gameplay on the field? Really, I'm all ears if you wanna explain this to me. Cause the way I see it, uniforms are just extra embellishments for the players' enjoyment and have zero correlation to the outcome of a football game.

You're right, but it's just the stigma attached...some teams look like they'd rather look cool than work on playing good football, while some of the best teams aren't so worried about how many embellishments they wear.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was gonna say how cool it is that we have the two best modern designs going against each other tonight in the Texas Tech - OK State game, but damn, that looks like a bootleg airbrushed swag uniform. I want to like the helmet because I like big logos and that raider logo in particular, but the tilt throws it off I think

anything airbrushed looks jr highish. Looking at you too Maryland.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

OSU Cowboys new helmets:

1.JPG

Ya know, other than the oversized logo (the OSU under the ear hole, blech) that doesn't look that bad. Take the logo off and I could see that working pretty nicely as the new Cleveland Browns new helmet. Is OSU Nike?

I said the same thing in the Cleveland Browns new uni 2015 thread. Browns have worn gray facemasks for a while. Would be a nice modern update for an iconic helmet.

Texas tech's is one of the worst one-time alternates i have ever seen. and in college football these days that's saying a lot

ASU also looks atrocious

If OK St kept is a bit simpler with the matte black and the white helmets to go with their many uniform conversations, it would solidify them as one of the best looking modern teams, but some of these helmets really muddle their look

Just viewing everything about UCLA during this game... it becomes increasingly clear how confused their brand is.... the school colors should be light blue and the more yellowing gold in their logo palette, but the football uniforms on the road are all navy and metallic gold. I dont really mind the metallic gold honestly, but it's so inconsistent to use the yellow and the metallic gold too... kind of the same problem that Ga Tech has... Anyways, once you add in all of the coaches wearing BLACK shirts with light blue accents (WTF where is this black coming from???) , they are one of the most inconsistent looking teams and it's a waste of such a great color scheme and uniforms that looked good 10 years ago.

UCLA has been using navy for their road unis for a while. Didn't they use powder blue in their road unis a few years ago? But I agree with you, they can be a mess. I also hat that they wear white pants, instead of the gold ones. All these college schools kill me with the monochrome white/ black every week. But, I've been whipping that dead horse for a while now.

I was gonna say how cool it is that we have the two best modern designs going against each other tonight in the Texas Tech - OK State game, but damn, that looks like a bootleg airbrushed swag uniform. I want to like the helmet because I like big logos and that raider logo in particular, but the tilt throws it off I think

anything airbrushed looks jr highish. Looking at you too Maryland.

I don't know about you, but those airbrushed Maryland helmets were really good.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ByalIBQIgAAjgau.jpg

Illinois FINALLY wearing the orange helmets...

wILL-INI, why are the stripes on the orange pants navy/orange/navy, but the stripes on the orange helmet and jersey navy/white/navy? I believe there is a similar inconsistency on the navy helmet, jersey and pants. It really annoys me.

The important part of that article is that all three of them are footwear designers. This won't have any impact on the football design team.

Doesn't matter. They could hire freaking Picasso, Rembrandt, and van Gogh to design their uniforms and they would still be ugly as long as they keep using the TechFit template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Doesn't matter. They could hire freaking Picasso, Rembrandt, and van Gogh to design their uniforms and they would still be ugly as long as they keep using the TechFit template.

Again, these are shoe designers. So it really doesn't matter.

Nothing to see here.

I swear some people don't know how to read...

Read the whole article, people. (EDIT: mattwilcox beat me to it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Texas tech's is one of the worst one-time alternates i have ever seen. and in college football these days that's saying a lot

ASU also looks atrocious

If OK St kept is a bit simpler with the matte black and the white helmets to go with their many uniform conversations, it would solidify them as one of the best looking modern teams, but some of these helmets really muddle their look

Just viewing everything about UCLA during this game... it becomes increasingly clear how confused their brand is.... the school colors should be light blue and the more yellowing gold in their logo palette, but the football uniforms on the road are all navy and metallic gold. I dont really mind the metallic gold honestly, but it's so inconsistent to use the yellow and the metallic gold too... kind of the same problem that Ga Tech has... Anyways, once you add in all of the coaches wearing BLACK shirts with light blue accents (WTF where is this black coming from???) , they are one of the most inconsistent looking teams and it's a waste of such a great color scheme and uniforms that looked good 10 years ago.

UCLA has been using navy for their road unis for a while. Didn't they use powder blue in their road unis a few years ago? But I agree with you, they can be a mess. I also hat that they wear white pants, instead of the gold ones. All these college schools kill me with the monochrome white/ black every week. But, I've been whipping that dead horse for a while now.

Ucla's traditional road jersey was navy/gold/navy inserts with solid navy numbers (no outline)...for 2-3 years they swapped the navy with their home light blue on their road jersey. Either way ucla's football uniforms have always been terribly inconsistent but they have been that way so long and the color scheme is amazing which essentially gives them a pass for having traditionally inconsistent uniforms. Like other sports teams out there with uniform inconsistencies, they get a pass for having so many non uniform elements because the look just stuck.

Overall the entire ucla department has been a mess of varying shades of blue and yellow/gold. Every mens and womens team had free reign to pick whatever shade they wanted. Some would go royal/yellow while others went navy/old gold. adidas has helped clean that up in recent years but it's still bad. Blame can be traced back to Cal and the UC system never specifying what shades of blue and gold were official. One cool thing to come from that mess is that every UC campus has it's own take on the UC blue/gold for its athletics. Not sure if any other state funded systems share the same colors across campuses.

Thanks for the catch on Nike/Adidas - was copy/pasting it as a repost from another site. Didn't have a chance to read the whole article.

Yeah, the shoe business doesn't appear nearly as divisive as the jersey business. Maybe I should have posted this in a basketball thread. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived