College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

In case you were wondering Nebraska's uniforms do look like crap in game.

As bad as Nebraska looks, at least Illinois looks great:

5.JPG

3.JPG

Nebraska's numbers were completely illegible from anywhere in the stadium. No idea how announcers were able to handle that.

And Illinois' helmets did not match their pants very well in person. It looked pretty bad under the lights. Lose the chrome finish and go with a solid orange to match the pants.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska's shoes were pretty awesome, though. They were a shade of iridescent red/yellow/gold that really popped when players were running.

Looked mostly red standing still, but movement really brought out little flashes of fire. Pretty cool effect.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Louisville's uniforms vs Wake Forest

20140927_jla_ar3_507.jpg.0_standard_730.

628x471.jpg

That's the way Louisville should look every home game. Why they would ever leave these in the locker room and wear that black crap is beyond me.

Couldn't agree more. Louisville actually pulls off the Red-Black-White combo that many schools attempt, and fail at.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So am I the only one perplexed by the field for nd-cuse? Syracuse in the end zones but the nfl logo at the 50. I know they do that for jets/Giants but this is ncaa. I just find it a little odd.

It's probably because the endzones at MetLife are interchangeable (so that they can easily change between Giants and Jets) whereas the NFL logo is permanent. If it weren't for the interchangeable endzones Syracuse probably wouldn't have had any markings on the field.

Just saw pics from the Syracuse game. Honestly, I like the uniform. I feel that the only problem is that it doesn't scream Syracuse. I think Illinois looked really great this weekend. Much better than their opponents. I'd call them Nebraska, but even my mom complained about their uniforms and how the color red is all wrong.

Louisville's uniforms vs Wake Forest

20140927_jla_ar3_507.jpg.0_standard_730.

628x471.jpg

That's the way Louisville should look every home game. Why they would ever leave these in the locker room and wear that black crap is beyond me.

Couldn't agree more. Louisville actually pulls off the Red-Black-White combo that many schools attempt, and fail at.

The Black is usually for blackout games and the only reason they did wear the black uniforms for the second time against Murray State is that the facemask (chrome) paint had a chipping problem. Anyway, even if they didn't have the stripe on the helmet, they still look good.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Word in Oxford is the 38 helmets were going to be worn, but before kickoff the NCAA called and said it violated the rule of too many players on the field with the same number. Since their regular navy helmets had been stripped down and a big 38 put on them, they had no choice but to go with the powder blues, but those were meant to be a surprise for next weekend against Alabama. Hope we still wear them.

Some action shots just cause:

ScreenShot2014-09-28at50103PM_zpse65dcc5

ScreenShot2014-09-28at50119PM_zps609cb3d

ScreenShot2014-09-28at50131PM_zps6a69280

jajtww.jpg

Those helmets are cool. But they match next to nothing of the rest of the uniform. I don't know of a compromise that would work in this instance.

The fact that they match nothing is beside the point. They are historically accurate and everyone loves them. And personally I think they look amazing.

jajtww.jpg

In case you were wondering Nebraska's uniforms do look like crap in game.

As bad as Nebraska looks, at least Illinois looks great:

5.JPG

3.JPG

Nebraska's numbers were completely illegible from anywhere in the stadium. No idea how announcers were able to handle that.

And Illinois' helmets did not match their pants very well in person. It looked pretty bad under the lights. Lose the chrome finish and go with a solid orange to match the pants.

Illinois does look pretty sweet. Huskers look like farmers in red long johns using duct tape to make a DIY unis to play in the back yard the crops are in the silo.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Regarding Ole Miss, that's not what this article from their site says. Claims they broke them in during practice behind "closed doors and blacked out curtains". The NCAA had nothing to do with that. You can't just switch helmets to one you haven't worn in 20+ years with no back-up plan. And again, Kent State wears 54 on one side for one of their players that passed away. They haven't said word about that.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092814aab.html

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Those helmets are cool. But they match next to nothing of the rest of the uniform. I don't know of a compromise that would work in this instance.

The fact that they match nothing is beside the point. They are historically accurate and everyone loves them. And personally I think they look amazing.

It's beside the point that it looks like they're wearing 3 different pieces for 3 different teams? hah, ok, #RebelPrideSwagYolo I guess, since everyone loves them

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived