College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Virginia Tech bring back this look. I don't really care for their current set.

.38933_NC_State_Virginia_Tech_Football.jp

those things are atrocious

Elaborate.

If the jerseys were all maroon, they'd be great. But the white piping and the orange sleeves-that-double-as-pit-stains absolutely ruin them.

Scruggy, I know Virginia Tech really gets you going, but we really don't need to post five paragraphs of why most Virginia Tech uniforms are terrible.

Yes, but there's a difference between saying "they suck" with no reason and actually stating specifically why you don't like them.

I apologize for not elaborating but WSU hit it on the head. The orange sides ruin it, any jersey designed like that is going to look terrible. The orange versions of that jersey are the worst of the set, but the whole set is just terrible. When they first released them I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. I liked their uniforns they wore with Michael Vick and the ones they wore with Randall/Marcus Vick weren't too bad. Their latest set are neutral to me, don't hate, don't love them. They've had some alts over the years I liked (black ones and the all white ones someone already post), but they've had some really bad ones as well (the camo, the stone helmet, unis vs Bama).

I would love to see Virginia Tech bring back this look. I don't really care for their current set.

.38933_NC_State_Virginia_Tech_Football.jp

those things are atrocious

Elaborate.

If the jerseys were all maroon, they'd be great. But the white piping and the orange sleeves-that-double-as-pit-stains absolutely ruin them.

Scruggy, I know Virginia Tech really gets you going, but we really don't need to post five paragraphs of why most Virginia Tech uniforms are terrible.

Yes, but there's a difference between saying "they suck" with no reason and actually stating specifically why you don't like them.

I apologize for not elaborating but WSU hit it on the head. The orange sides ruin it, any jersey designed like that is going to look terrible. The orange versions of that jersey are the worst of the set, but the whole set is just terrible. When they first released them I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. I liked their uniforns they wore with Michael Vick and the ones they wore with Randall/Marcus Vick weren't too bad. Their latest set are neutral to me, don't hate, don't love them. They've had some alts over the years I liked (black ones and the all white ones someone already post), but they've had some really bad ones as well (the camo, the stone helmet, unis vs Bama).

As an aside, I just received a replica Al Clark (#5) late-90s style jersey (white front and back numbers, orange sleeve numbers). It's awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BitJmDOCcAAaIWh.jpg

Shouldn't USM be trying to win games? But with all the focus on crappy uniforms it seems that they want to look good for recruits and not care about winning.
What recruits? :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I didn't see this posted but per Uni Watch and this article below; UGA and Florida will be going color vs. color in this year's matchup. I am definitely intrigued and think this could work out much like USC and UCLA. The game has the history and tradition to pull it off. I am interested to see how it looks.

http://www.gatorzone.com/mobile/news/27588

This will give you an idea. Obviously silver pants for UGA (should actually have a metallic sheen this year!) and an orange lid for UF.

tumblr_ltmsosvkFN1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

BitJmDOCcAAaIWh.jpg

Shouldn't USM be trying to win games? But with all the focus on crappy uniforms it seems that they want to look good for recruits and not care about winning.

True, what football player wants to go to USM?

BitJmDOCcAAaIWh.jpg

True, what football player wants to go to USM?

Brett Favre….

New recruits...

BitJmDOCcAAaIWh.jpg

Because you can only do one or the other?

Southern miss should just fire that equipment manager, only one looked good!

Call me crazy, but I always thought Southern Miss should have used their helmet stripe other places on their uniform. Like as a pants stipe or a sleeve/shoulder stipe stripe.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I love the color on color match ups. I wish Alabama and Tennessee and Alabama and Auburn would do color on color but Bama won't so it

Red and orange is never going to happen, look at the Knicks and hawks games this year when both decided to wear their alternates, and Alabamas crimson is too dark to go against auburns navy, same reason why the national champ game last year wasn't color vs color

I love the color on color match ups. I wish Alabama and Tennessee and Alabama and Auburn would do color on color but Bama won't so it

Red and orange is never going to happen, look at the Knicks and hawks games this year when both decided to wear their alternates, and Alabamas crimson is too dark to go against auburns navy, same reason why the national champ game last year wasn't color vs color

Maybe so for Auburn but that Tennessee orange is light and it has been done before in the 60's I know this is a painting but you can see it's doable

thirdsatclassicopt.jpg

Archived