College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it bother anyone else that Tennessee has two stripes on their pants, but only one on their helmet?

7623452.jpg

I'd be okay with either of the previous striping patterns...

It does not bother me at all as several teams use one stripe on the helmet and double on the pants. Examples are the Indianapolis Colts, Duke Blue Devils, Alabama Crimson Tide, and the Georgia Bulldogs (multiple stripes on pants).

spacer.png

Does it bother anyone else that Tennessee has two stripes on their pants, but only one on their helmet?

7623452.jpg

It does not bother me at all as several teams use one stripe on the helmet and double on the pants. Examples are the Indianapolis Colts, Duke Blue Devils, Alabama Crimson Tide, and the Georgia Bulldogs (multiple stripes on pants).

yea that seems like an odd thing to be bothered by, even for these boards. i think variation is better than 100% repetition.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Northwestern is teasing alts for their Oct 18th game vs. Nebraska. It looks like they'll be black with gold gothic lettering. Many buildings on campus have black signs with gold gothic lettering, which is referenced in the teaser video for the uniforms. The full reveal is supposed to be later today.

15459976542_b0fa0e2755_z.jpg

7623452.jpg

yea that seems like an odd thing to be bothered by, even for these boards. i think variation is better than 100% repetition.

The stripes on the pants matched the stripes we had on the jersey at one time which always looks better to me (when they match).

I like the thick Orange stripe on the helmet alot more than the thin one we used to have.

7623452.jpg

The stripes on the pants matched the stripes we had on the jersey at one time which always looks better to me (when they match).

I like the thick Orange stripe on the helmet alot more than the thin one we used to have.

Wasn't the thin stripe relatively short lived and hasn't the thick stripe been more of the traditional default? Maybe 3 seasons or so in the early to mid 00's?

The Charlotte 49ers debuted their 1st alternate helmet in their brief 2 year history on Saturday. They wore these black helmets on the road and will more than likely wear this and all black unis at an upcoming home game. It was very hard to tell what the logo was from the stands, but at first glance it looked like the helmets were green. We have only worn white helmets with tiny green specs prior to this.

10703657_712989622121211_643128786295575

• C8rrP.St.138.jpeg
  • 10cCHG.St.138.jpeg

Our normal helmets:

QJENTESRKTPMFND.20120725165654.jpg

Wow, the Northwestern uniforms are amazing. They're pretty much what I expected, but I like them even more now that I'm seeing them. Here's the hype video (http://youtu.be/TXxYdWPysWY), which shows one of the signs on campus that serve as the reference point for the gold/black scheme and the font. The video also shows 'The Arch,' which is on the back of the helmet. I'm glad I held off on getting a new jersey when NU switched to UA because I'm going to get one of these instead.

7623452.jpg

I would be more bothered if they had two on the hat and two on the leg.

I hate the thick helmet stripe but it has been there since Johnny Major was coach so it has become the norm.

LehQRaC.png

According to what Bielema said at his weekly press conference, the Hogs will be wearing uniforms with "slight modifications" this week. It's widely been assumed that we would wear a throwback at some point this year since it's the 50 year anniversary of our national title and they've been doing stuff all season for it already. For example, the graphics on our season tickets this year are similar to what they looked like in '64. The Razorback Equipment twitter said they would be revealed on Thursday.

The arch on the helmet is really cool, but will look a bit wonky with the ridges so many helmets now have back there. The ivy detail is really cool. I do find it odd that they used the buildings on campus for "inspiration" when they did the same with the base sets as they have a brick pattern in the numbers. Granted, the details are different, just odd in that sense (if that makes any sense at all).

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived