buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

Regarding the Vols striping question, as a Husker fan I have no problem with one helmet stripe and two pant stripes.

Also, looking forward to watching Northwestern break out their Addams Family uniforms in a few weeks.

Simple, classic, slightly modern and very nice looking (for Adidas):

GSU%2B1.JPG

GSU%2B2.JPG

GSU%2B3.JPG

Couches should be burning in the Boro. Southern shouldn't stray away from their great, but simple navy and white uniforms. If it's not broke, don't fix it, GSU!! Keep your identity the same in the FBS.

it's okay , nothing too different than what we are used to seeing ( GFGS, Chrome one side, number on the other, tire treads, etc) .I'd be fine with just a blue jersey, gray pants and that helmet, stepping on their tradition

At least it isnt Purdue, who plans on wearing "neon yellow" this weekend.

Football%20Week%205%20Edited.jpg

UTEP has a pretty cool throwback helmet for this weekend, they are describing the facemask as a cream color

BzSdqs2CMAA43C1.jpg

BzR0WCTCUAA8gDO.jpg

Apparently the Ravens moved to Illinois.

A poster over at nutopiasports said it best::

Apparently Northwestern is either a new street gang in Evanston, or they're a new microbrewery making German-style beer.

it's okay , nothing too different than what we are used to seeing ( GFGS, Chrome one side, number on the other, tire treads, etc) .I'd be fine with just a blue jersey, gray pants and that helmet, stepping on their tradition

In the words of Lee Corso "not so fast my friend" https://twitter.com/purduesports/status/519487334489026560

Simple, classic, slightly modern and very nice looking (for Adidas):

GSU%2B1.JPG

GSU%2B2.JPG

GSU%2B3.JPG

Did you not see that facemask?

Yeah, and your point is what?

In the words of Lee Corso "not so fast my friend" https://twitter.com/purduesports/status/519487334489026560

That's just the helmet though....imagine what the jerseyu MAY look like, unless they wear their all black uniform

So what's the "not so fast" for? Seems to me that the Twitter link confirms the first statement...

UTEP has a pretty cool throwback helmet for this weekend, they are describing the facemask as a cream color

BzSdqs2CMAA43C1.jpg

That's a pretty cool looking helmet.

That's just the helmet though....imagine what the jerseyu MAY look like, unless they wear their all black uniform

A different tweet says they are wearing all white

Hearing rumblings that Charlie Strong killed the gold-trimmed uniforms for the Red River Showdown. It was supposed to be a two-year deal.

A bummer too, I thought they were really classy alternates and I think that OU's home jerseys with the gold trim would have looked awesome.

Small change for OU. Their matte green helmets now have two thick white stripes, which makes it a direct inverse of their white helmet. Also on both helmets the stripes stop at the ridge on the back of the helmet.

The past few years it's been a single skinny white stripe. The new treatment is an upgrade over this

That's good. The only question is why they did not do it in the first place.

They need those stripes on their pants, but Ohio remains a top-5 football uniform in my book. (When they don't wear their Hawaii uniforms)

Hearing rumblings that Charlie Strong killed the gold-trimmed uniforms for the Red River Showdown. It was supposed to be a two-year deal.

A bummer too, I thought they were really classy alternates and I think that OU's home jerseys with the gold trim would have looked awesome.

I can hear him now "If you can't win games, why do you need Gold (for winners) on your jerseys? Disagree? I think another Texas player was just kicked off the team for that *sarcasm*

A different tweet says they are wearing all white

Wonder if it will be the standard all white or a different one

( http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100714aaa.html )

" The Boilermakers will wear the special helmets, along with neon yellow shoe laces, socks and gloves. Purdue also will wear all white uniforms for the game against the Spartans. Michigan State will wear a dark-colored jersey."