College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Full look at the uniforms. They really do bring back memories from that season, which turned around Oregon's trajectory as a program.

New-1994-Oregon-Throwback-Uniform-2.jpgNew-1994-Oregon-Throwback-Uniform-3.jpgNew-1994-Oregon-Throwback-Uniform-1.jpg

It sure would be awesome if these were their permanant home uniforms....I know it is wishful thinking, but this is a beautiful set. The only thing that could make this set be a perfect 10 is to have the same stripes from the helmet on the pants.

Now a days, it's wierd to see Oregon look... "normal".

I remember these uniforms being very mediocre back in the early 90's and they feel the same way now. I feel like every other high school in the 80-90's had sleeves with a stripe/logo combo and a helmet with 3 stripes running down the middle. As much crap as teams get for picking derivative designs straight out of the niketeam catalog these days, this ducks jersey was pretty typical of that era (high school, less so in college) except it was the russell or champion catalog back then.

This is the main reason why I'd never want them to go back to something like this full-time. It's just too ordinary and plain for what Oregon has done with their uniforms since switching to Nike in 1996.

I agree. The ducks look best when they pair their classic colors (kelly/yellow) with their modern designs. Given that, I think the original wings on the shoulders was their best design and combined that with their current font and color palette it would be a perfect design. At some point I also think it would be really interesting for them to do a nike era mashup one off uniform (e.g. arsenal's 20 year tribute kit). Combining diamond plating, wings, stripes etc. could be quite interesting for one game.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRCWMnL.jpg

I like it

Unnecessary. But it's the "kewl" thing to do. How are you gonna get recruits if you don't wear something kewl!?!? But shame on USC I thought they weren't into this mumbo jumbo.

Sark brought the chrome helmets to Washington. No surprise that he would bring them to USC as well.

BRCWMnL.jpg

I like it

Unnecessary. But it's the "kewl" thing to do. How are you gonna get recruits if you don't wear something kewl!?!? But shame on USC I thought they weren't into this mumbo jumbo.
With all of the other uniforms in this thread, these are downright tame. Maybe the other side of the helmet is volt. I dunno.

BRCWMnL.jpg

I like it

A metallica yellow/gold facemask would have been the bomb.

gives it a modern look to a classic lid. However a red facemask would look pretty good too.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Man I bet Alabama would look sweet with a helmet like that

I really believe they would, LSU with Washington Huskies-like gold one would be nice too. However, there might be rioting in these respective towns. I'd settle for bama in a white one for games against similar colored teams.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

gives it a modern look to a classic lid. However a red facemask would look pretty good too.

It's been done before. Not associated with the best times in USC football history. Went back to gray when Pete Carroll took over.

s568872814488652156_p12364_i1_w579.jpeg

I hate that uniform. I think it looks super generic. Also not a fan of red on red helmets.

As for the new one, it doesn't look that bad. The red finish doesn't look like chrome, but one of hgi's other finishes. The chrome mask is okay, not too significant, but I'm a big fan of the gray facemasks on that helmet and their shouldn't be anything other than gray. I don't even like the metallic sparkle they added recently.

Archived