buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

I believe they were only claimed to be metallic finished, not chrome.

FSU's uniforms would look fine if they went back to the old helmets and pants.

As for Notre Dame...a helmet and pants mess. Wow.

I noticed pre-game as Winston was coming out of the tunnel that his sweat panels were colored as bad as the NJ Jets green jerseys. He either has an insane warmup regimine or Nike's fabric is a mess on their jerseys too. I hate the numbers, some players had really curvy-looking numerals, looked bad.

8150318.jpg

p.s.

OREGON LOOKED AMAZING.

1018_SPT_LDN-L-USC-COLORADO-MB01-L_zps14

1018_SPT_LDN-L-USC-COLORADO-MB14-L_zps38

This was another nice uni matchip for both teams. I like CO's black helmets and USC helmets were a nice subtle change.

1018_SPT_LDN-L-USC-COLORADO-MB01-L_zps14

1018_SPT_LDN-L-USC-COLORADO-MB14-L_zps38

This was another nice uni matchip for both teams. I like CO's black helmets and USC helmets were a nice subtle change.

I much prefer it when CU 1st wore a black alt helmet in the late 90's and they used a simple silver decal. not a fan of the black outlined in gold.

I much prefer it when CU 1st wore a black alt helmet in the late 90's and they used a simple silver decal. not a fan of the black outlined in gold.

Agreed. This is much better:

2904820207e1ce88e974o.jpg

FSU's uniforms would look fine if they went back to the old helmets and pants.

As for Notre Dame...a helmet and pants mess. Wow.

I'm glad someone else thought Notre Dame looked bad. That was my first time to really watch one of their game at length this year and I thought they looked absolutely terrible.

That helmet will never look good because it is just too shiny for any type of material to work with it.

Notre-Dame-Florida-St-Football-8.jpg

EJ-Manuel.jpg

I feel like I am in the extreme minority that the new FSU set is FAR SUPERIOR than the old one. It seems every week all people do on here is bash the new set. I think it top 5 best in the nation. And I loved the old set, but now it just looks dated and cheap-ish.

FSU could have updated the uniform ever so slightly by just moving a SIMILAR pattern to the sleeve on a new template and using the updated font,

But the "Christmas Sweaters" can't be unseen. Even my girlfriend called them christmas sweaters the other day.

Notre-Dame-Florida-St-Football-8.jpg

EJ-Manuel.jpg

I feel like I am in the extreme minority that the new FSU set is FAR SUPERIOR than the old one. It seems every week all people do on here is bash the new set. I think it top 5 best in the nation. And I loved the old set, but now it just looks dated and cheap-ish.

To each their own, but I will take the old set any day over the Christmas sweater set.

The problem with the new Seminoles uniforms is the pattern. It's a nice pattern, and does a good job of imitating Seminole tribe art. But when it is blown up to the size it is on the jersey sleeves and collar, it loses its integrity and gives off that christmas sweater vibe.

That type of Seminole art is meant to be contained to small horizontal sizes. If they were to confine that pattern to the sleeve cuffs and a smaller collar, much like their previous set, then it would look much better and wouldn't give off the christmas sweater vibe that so many have complained about.

FSU could have updated the uniform ever so slightly by just moving a SIMILAR pattern to the sleeve on a new template and using the updated font.

That's pretty well how I feel about it.

I don't know how much was the program vs. how much was Nike in regards to spreading that tribal pattern across the whole sleevecap, but that's what kills it for me. Had they simply kept the new pattern to trim, just like the old ones, it would've been more than enough to carry the set another 20+ years.

I also wonder if they tried to petition the NCAA about allowing the inlines in their numbers--the way the Unconquered font was designed to work. (With all the other craziness going on with CFB jersey numbers these days, inlines seem pretty well tame...it'd also allow Villanova and Colorado to reclaim what was once an integral piece of their respective athletic identities.) The other thing...I wanted to wait a while to check it out under various lighting conditions, but the new garnet shades too close to purple for my liking.

Interesting trivia factoid: FSU's garnet color actually grew from the former red of what was the original iteration of the institution, and the purple of the second iteration--which at that time, up until about 1949 or so [?], was an all-womens school.

FSU's new "garnet" color is way too purplish looking. The "bacon trim" is better IMO because it is more subtle.

That type of Seminole art is meant to be contained to small horizontal sizes. If they were to confine that pattern to the sleeve cuffs and a smaller collar, much like their previous set, then it would look much better and wouldn't give off the christmas sweater vibe that so many have complained about.

8150318.jpg

So according to your link the pattern on the stripe is, from top down, Arrow, Man on horseback, and Fire. I would have never known. I don't know if it was fully explained when they made their first debut.

Chief-Osceola-and-Renegade.jpg

Pretty interesting IMO. They still look crappy though. If they were implemented better It'd be ok.

Nike fully explained the pattern when they released these uniforms. It's always felt wrong to me for someone to "create" a new Native American image. I think it would be like someone "creating" new ancient hieroglyphics found somewhere. It just doesn't seem right to me.

8150318.jpg

So according to your link the pattern on the stripe is, from top down, Arrow, Man on horseback, and Fire. I would have never known. I don't know if it was fully explained when they made their first debut.

Chief-Osceola-and-Renegade.jpg

Pretty interesting IMO. They still look crappy though. If they were implemented better It'd be ok.

Ditch the sleeve pattern, keep the new collar, make the home numbers white, bring back real gold pants. The new uni isn't bad but it just reeks of nike needing to meddle with a classic design for the sake of saying that they redesigned every single element as opposed to a tasteful modernization/refresh. Number font is a winner though.

I saw on Twitter that Missouri is wearing new grey uniforms this weekend against Vanderbilt. I haven't seen any pictures yet.

Air Force helmets from this past Saturday..

10678809_10152556605953853_4812204667821

Sad that New Mexico didn't embrace the turquoise away set and went back to the OLD UGLY mizzou/wake forest template