College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's crimson and its kinda meh

Really? Crimson is just a shade of red, not an entirely different color, but I agree; the look is kinda meh.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The 90s WSU look is great...the slight overexposure of the photo kinda ruins it. But the crimson mask on the silver helmet was always better than the silver/gray crap they have now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is it just a candy paint

Ehh not quite. It does seem to have a mirror like quality to it.

I would classify these helmets as candy red.

1797179-1639475571.jpg

Well the above OSU helmet has a "mirror-like quality" to it too. They're both smooth and therefore reflective. (I.e. like how a new car's finish is reflective even if it isn't chrome.) I would certainly say the FAU helmet has a "candy" finish before I'd say it had a "chrome" finish.

I love the color on color match ups. I wish Alabama and Tennessee and Alabama and Auburn would do color on color but Bama won't so it

Red and orange is never going to happen, look at the Knicks and hawks games this year when both decided to wear their alternates, and Alabamas crimson is too dark to go against auburns navy, same reason why the national champ game last year wasn't color vs color

Maybe so for Auburn but that Tennessee orange is light and it has been done before in the 60's I know this is a painting but you can see it's doable

thirdsatclassicopt.jpg

Curt+Maggitt+North+Carolina+State+v+Tenn

It's very doable and looks fine as you can see from this 2012 game NCSU-UT in Georgia Dome.

Is it just a candy paint

1797179-1639475571.jpg

Well the above OSU helmet has a "mirror-like quality" to it too. They're both smooth and therefore reflective. (I.e. like how a new car's finish is reflective even if it isn't chrome.) I would certainly say the FAU helmet has a "candy" finish before I'd say it had a "chrome" finish.

Every helmet that is not matte has a mirror like quality. The FAU helmet just seems to mirror things more than the usual candy paint finish. That FAU helmet seems to be right in the middle of a chrome and candy finish. I'm sure HGI has their own word for what type of finish it is but its most definitely not the same type of candy finish used on the Ohio State helmet.

Is it just a candy paint

1797179-1639475571.jpg

Every helmet that is not matte has a mirror like quality. The FAU helmet just seems to mirror things more than the usual candy paint finish. That FAU helmet seems to be right in the middle of a chrome and candy finish. I'm sure HGI has their own word for what type of finish it is but its most definitely not the same type of candy finish used on the Ohio State helmet.

brushed chrome?

Is it just a candy paint

1797179-1639475571.jpg

brushed chrome?

before hgi and others came onto the scene with their exotic finishes helmets were commonly available in the following finishes:

• molded plastic
  • painted gloss
  • painted gloss metallic
  • candy
  • matte

While not common or popular the candy finish came very close to a chrome...off the top I believe the northwestern purple helmet of the early aughts would represent that finish. That fau helmet is tough to tell due to the photo.

im leaning towards chrome, it's just too mirror like of a finish, you can clearly see the individuals in the reflection, and not just glossy glare that you see on candy finished things (I've only in person seen it on cars and its reflective but not that much, you see more the profiles of things in the reflection not the fine details)

Both Arkansas and Florida are using new Riddell Speed Flex helmets this spring.

NZZvhzn.jpg

5qwxT2u.jpg

Both teams will look like cone heads
So Florida will have to have different bumpers for these helmets too. At least they can fix that before the fall.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived