College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what to think about Louisville's set tonight. I don't think they look bad. But UofL's look with red/white/black looks so much better than any gimmick they come up with. The problem is Petrino loves gimmicks. Western Kentucky had an awesome look and Petrino replaced it with garbage.

Also when does the AD's realize that you can't see ANY of the lettering/logos/numbers on 90% of these gimmick uniforms. Maybe on a close up but that's it. Everybody wanted to bash Oregon through the years for all their uniforms but Oregon's looks always been "clean". You get why they do them. Now teams are doing this stuff just to get noticed and nothing more. And most everybody doesn't even try to have a plan or specific look anymore.

Sorry. /end rant

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

As much as I think the rust and all isn't necessary for Texas A&M, I feel like it's more of a proof of concept. Proof that HGI can do just about anything they want with helmets.

I remember the first couple of helmets they did and how amazed I was at the quality. I don't think they EVER anticipated the demand these helmets would get. They have to have grown immensely since this has started.

The Cal helmet is still one of my favorites, I just wish I could see what a yellow version would look like but i applaud our team for not giving in and having multiple helmets like 99% of the teams

Cal certainly has one of my favorite matte helmets.

This picture was floating around twitter yesterday

B1KdgGlCUAAroDd_zps2727e3f2.jpg

I know the logo will get lost on the helmet, but putting it in a ugly white circle is not the best problem solver.

From 1983-1998 the maroon helmet had the white circle on the helmet:

83-88:

south-carolina-83-88.gif

89-98

south-carolina-89-98.gif

spacer.png

As much as I think the rust and all isn't necessary for Texas A&M, I feel like it's more of a proof of concept. Proof that HGI can do just about anything they want with helmets.

I remember the first couple of helmets they did and how amazed I was at the quality. I don't think they EVER anticipated the demand these helmets would get. They have to have grown immensely since this has started.

The Cal helmet is still one of my favorites, I just wish I could see what a yellow version would look like but i applaud our team for not giving in and having multiple helmets like 99% of the teams

I know the logo will get lost on the helmet, but putting it in a ugly white circle is not the best problem solver.

83-88:

south-carolina-83-88.gif

89-98

south-carolina-89-98.gif

Carolina wears GARNET, not maroon!!

83-88:

south-carolina-83-88.gif

89-98

south-carolina-89-98.gif

Carolina wears GARNET, not maroon!!

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Enough with the stupid template debates... A uniform is a uniform. That's it. There's no need to worry about which team is using which template. In the end they are all the same thing. I'll never understand why people get so heated over this. Oh wow there's different stitching/whatever on the uniforms. Who cares. Get over it.

Enough with the stupid template debates... A uniform is a uniform. That's it. There's no need to worry about which team is using which template. In the end they are all the same thing. I'll never understand why people get so heated over this. Oh wow there's different stitching/whatever on the uniforms. Who cares. Get over it.

You...you know where you are, don't you?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I know where I am. I just think it's pointless to debate about uniform templates. They all turn out to be the same thing and that is a football uniform. Correct?

Incorrect. The FSU uniform design on the Speed Machine template is fundamentally different than the one on the Mach Speed template.

It's like saying these two cars are the same, just because they have the same pain job. Yes, they're both cars, but it's the structure under the paint that makes them so different, just like a football uniform template.

2011-mustang-gt-racing-stripes1-tag.jpg

8045GW0.jpg

I know where I am. I just think it's pointless to debate about uniform templates. They all turn out to be the same thing and that is a football uniform. Correct?

You could make that argument about any design element of a football uniform. Stripe types. Colors. Fonts.

Yes,they ultimately make up a football uniform, but it's the variety of design elements and strategies (which in the case of the latter, would include a template) that fuel discussion here.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived