College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas Tech will be wearing the 2014 version of their Lone Star Pride uniforms tomorrow against UT,

B1PjpQfIUAE2PXu.jpg

B1PjpQhIAAAOQP7.jpg

I think I'm in the minority but I loved the original Maryland state pride uniforms with the crash dummy helmets. That being said I think state pride unis should start and end with Maryland. The state flag is part of the schools branding and it works.

This? This is just simultaneously butchering the look of both the Texas flag and techs nice regular uniforms. Especially when this is the third school people think of when they think Texas (and is basically south Oklahoma). Just unnecessary from UA.

Rumored MSU helmets for the Brawl of the Wild later this year

15669515535_5fddf850a1_o.jpg

The Boise State Bobcats?

I think this show a really nice use of a bigger logo on a new type helmet. Fits nicely to the structure instead of fighting it.

exactly. a big pet peeve of mine is seeing logos that are too small. it looks weak. when you can blow it up like this and it fits to the curves/shape of the helmet you're doing it right. thats a growling/roaring/screaming bobcat on the side ready to F some S up! it needs to be loud and bold. not a little trick-or-treat 5 in. decal

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They

Texas Tech will be wearing the 2014 version of their Lone Star Pride uniforms tomorrow against UT,

B1PjpQfIUAE2PXu.jpg

B1PjpQhIAAAOQP7.jpg

I think I'm in the minority but I loved the original Maryland state pride uniforms with the crash dummy helmets. That being said I think state pride unis should start and end with Maryland. The state flag is part of the schools branding and it works.

This? This is just simultaneously butchering the look of both the Texas flag and techs nice regular uniforms. Especially when this is the third school people think of when they think Texas (and is basically south Oklahoma). Just unnecessary from UA.

Agree. Especially since half the teams would then be wearing a blue uniform with a gold seal. Seriously, Maryland is one of a handful of states with an interesting flag. Most are boring as hell.

Although I wouldn't mind New Mexico doing something with a state pride uniform. That flag is pretty unique and iconic.

P114-State_Flags-104-8x12x72%20rgb.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I was hoping this year we'd stop with the whole Lone Star Pride gimmick. Nobody here really cares for it. I love Under Armour but when it comes to our most anticipated game of year they just can't seem to leave well enough alone.

Midway.png

The Boise State Bobcats?

Nothing about this say Boise State to me, unless there's numbers on the other side. Interesting that the

Riddell helmet has a Schutt facemask.

boise-state-white-helmet_medium.jpg

Yea, not similar at all...

B1PjpQfIUAE2PXu.jpg

B1PjpQhIAAAOQP7.jpg

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

I have to admit when I think of Texas teams I generally think of them in this order:

1. Texas A&M
  2. Texas
  3. Texas Tech
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor

spacer.png

The Boise State Bobcats?

I think this show a really nice use of a bigger logo on a new type helmet. Fits nicely to the structure instead of fighting it.

exactly. a big pet peeve of mine is seeing logos that are too small. it looks weak. when you can blow it up like this and it fits to the curves/shape of the helmet you're doing it right. thats a growling/roaring/screaming bobcat on the side ready to F some S up! it needs to be loud and bold. not a little trick-or-treat 5 in. decal

Agreed 100%. This is the reason I think the Mizzou alternate helmets are far superior then their primary with the little dinky oval logo. Course I loathe the oval tiger head logo anyway. They have had a fantastic mark in the tiger head by itself, I really don't know why they feel the need to keep that stupid oval around it.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

I have to admit when I think of Texas teams I generally think of them in this order:

1. Texas A&M
  2. Texas
  3. Texas Tech
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor

That's a fluid concept though. A few years ago it was Horns first, Aggies second.

Originally, when the Big 8 expanded by adding 4 former SWC teams, the first three spots were unquestioned - and given to the three "best" Texas teams - UT, A&M and Tech. The fourth spot was being considered for SMU, Houston, TCU and Baylor somewhat equally, but Texas' Lieutenant Governor was a Baylor alum and made a big stink about it, so the Bears got it.

With Arkansas having defected from the SWC a few years before for the SEC, I always wondered what the Big 12 could have looked like with Arkansas as a member. The Hogs could have preserved their old SWC rivalry with A&M (although they have it again now in the SEC) and their presence could have anchored the South Division enough to possibly allow Oklahoma to flip to the North Division. While no conference will ever maintain a perfect balance between divisions, I have to wonder if preserving the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry might have shaped things differently.

On a personal level I can't complain because I really do feel like my team fits well into the Big Ten, but I wonder if the Big 12 might not have become even more dominant. Oh well, revisionist history.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived