College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Florida wearing their white lids would look better. But i don't think they still use them. At least not this year.

Yeah, but I kind of like how Florida sticks with their usual helmet and uniforms every week. I know there's times that hasn't been the case, but for the most part it is -- especially compared to some of the other schools out there. Although now that I think about it, that's the case with a lot of the SEC programs.

I would like to see Orange-Blue-Orange, personally.

IUe6Hvh.png

I feel like Florida wearing their white lids would look better. But i don't think they still use them. At least not this year.

I don't think the white helmets have been worn since 2009. It's been a while.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well the rumored new black jerseys for South Carolina are not true as they are not wearing new uniforms at all, but in fact are wearing their previous black uniform.

Rumor Uniform:

Tenn%2Bat%2BUSC%2B-%2B2.JPG

Actual Uniform:

Tenn%2Bat%2BUSC%2B-%2B1.JPG

Kentucky vs Missouri

4.JPG

Navy Helmet:

Navy%2BHelmet.JPG

spacer.png

Washington State wore white/crimson/white. Not a fan as it looks way too similar to Stanford, and there's really no reason to wear that combo. Just wear crimson and gray (or silver), Cougs.

Arizona State looks horrendous. It's a damn tragedy what they've done to their identity over these past few years.

I agree. They have a great logo and great colors, but what they wear on the field has been poorly executed.

But on the other hand, I'd rather see minor league teams try new things and see how it works, instead of having NFL teams release awful new uniforms. The minor leagues have more levrage, in terms of aesthetic adjustments. Some teams have plenty of jersey combos, so there's plenty of room to fix the mistakes.

UCLA looks absolutely terrible. Probably a worse uniform than Louisville. WTF adidas.

Between this and sleeved basketball jerseys (different topic, I know), I seriously don't know what Adidas is thinking or smoking.

Ohio State is wearing their rivalry uniforms again... But OSU kicker didn't get the memo. Wearing regular pants

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if the Buckeyes went with their fat-stripe rivalry helmets full-time. They did have oversized numbers back in the 1980s and 1990s, why not bring those back as well?

In another vein, those Oregon State plain black helmets-- maybe even the stripe continuing onto the facemask--are growing on me.

Arizona State looks horrendous. It's a damn tragedy what they've done to their identity over these past few years.

Agreed. I mean, keep the blackout (or that copper/gray) set for a year, but keep the entire black set (and even the white helmet/pants) miles away from the rest of the set. Why water down such a beautiful color such as maroon/yellow with colors everyone else is wearing? They could even do the yellow-fading-to-white gradient on their maroon jerseys.

------------------------

In other news, my alma mater Utah State is wearing white helmets (U-State logo) with gray everything else against Hawaii's green helmets, jerseys, and pants.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Just finished watching Notre Dame vs Navy.

Has Notre Dame always worn those nameless jerseys with single color gold helmets, as their regular jersey set? Or is this just a throwback set they brought back recently?

That is Notre Dame's regular set. Nameless jerseys with single color gold helmets (the gold finish has changed over the years) has been the standard for decades.

Archived