College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

you really think that could be a solid conference??

TCU

Baylor

Texas A&M

Texas

Houston

Tech

Rice

North Texas

UTEP

UTSA

Texas State

SMU

This would be one of the weakest conferences ever and the top 4 would run rampid over everybody (i spaced it with how far apart these teams are from each other

Fixed. ;)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be one of the weakest conferences ever and the top 4 would run rampid over everybody (i spaced it with how far apart these teams are from each other

Not everybody:

UH was a member of the SWC from 1975 until it's demise following the 95 season:

Cotton Bowl appearances 75-95:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

When the Coogs were on a level playing field with the other schools in Texas we more than held our own.

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

When the Coogs were on a level playing field with the other schools in Texas we more than held our own.

What happened when they played UTSA earlier this year? You guys would definitely bring up the middle of this fantasy conference but im not sure how well you would compete with the current top 4

back on topic, this would be an interesting conference uni-wise. They could have a week designated Texas Pride week and wear special one offs since some of these schools like that kind of thing

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

What happened when they played UTSA earlier this year? You guys would definitely bring up the middle of this fantasy conference but im not sure how well you would compete with the current top 4

back on topic, this would be an interesting conference uni-wise. They could have a week designated Texas Pride week and wear special one offs since some of these schools like that kind of thing

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

I have always wondered what would have happened if the entire SWC had joined the Big 8 and created the first "super conference."

Big 8 Division: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa State

SWC 8 Division: Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, TCU, SMU, Rice

It's easy to remember the alignment - the Texas schools versus non Texas schools - plus top to bottom it's a pretty evenly balance conference as well. Balancing Nebraska-Oklahoma against Texas-A&M seems like each division has traditional powerhouses and even the mid-level teams (Mizzou, Colorado, KState -vs- Tech, Houston, Baylor) seem pretty well balanced as well. Would have been an interesting move, and makes you wonder if the Big Ten and SEC would have tried expanding further in retaliation. At the time, they had each recently scooped up members (Penn State, Arkansas & So. Carolina) so it seems like they might have continued expansion to counter a "Big 16."

You wonder about the upper tier ACC/Big East teams of the day. Might we have seen Virginia Tech, Miami, FSU, North Carolina, NC State, etc., wind up in the B1G or SEC?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

I have always wondered what would have happened if the entire SWC had joined the Big 8 and created the first "super conference."

Big 8 Division: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa State

SWC 8 Division: Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, TCU, SMU, Rice

It's easy to remember the alignment - the Texas schools versus non Texas schools - plus top to bottom it's a pretty evenly balance conference as well. Balancing Nebraska-Oklahoma against Texas-A&M seems like each division has traditional powerhouses and even the mid-level teams (Mizzou, Colorado, KState -vs- Tech, Houston, Baylor) seem pretty well balanced as well. Would have been an interesting move, and makes you wonder if the Big Ten and SEC would have tried expanding further in retaliation. At the time, they had each recently scooped up members (Penn State, Arkansas & So. Carolina) so it seems like they might have continued expansion to counter a "Big 16."

You wonder about the upper tier ACC/Big East teams of the day. Might we have seen Virginia Tech, Miami, FSU, North Carolina, NC State, etc., wind up in the B1G or SEC?

The WAC was truly the first "ultra-super conference" with 16 teams. However, it was rare when one of them was, you know, super.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not everybody:

TAMU 6

Texas 4

UH 4

Arkansas 3

Baylor 1

SMU 1

Texas Tech 1

Obviously I disagree, but I've dragged us far enough off topic already.

Houston 1989 throwbacks for this week's homecoming game vs Tulane:

Helmet-1_zpse0f6199d.jpg

89Front-1_zps68ff38ae.jpg

89Back-1_zpsd1762c77.jpg

I know this is kind of a weird post, but does anyone know the story behind this Oregon practice jersey? If you click and open the high res picture if you look closely (especially on his right shoulder) you can see the outlines of the feathers printed within the stripe. Just a manufacturing error or what?

IWFYQSKRHCSETCY.20141104192833.JPG

I know this is kind of a weird post, but does anyone know the story behind this Oregon practice jersey? If you click and open the high res picture if you look closely (especially on his right shoulder) you can see the outlines of the feathers printed within the stripe. Just a manufacturing error or what?

IWFYQSKRHCSETCY.20141104192833.JPG

If you read the story the photo was in, you would have seen they mentioned that several players were wearing jerseys with a new material that Nike is testing. This is nothing new really since there have been other photos and videos over the years of certain players wearing jerseys that were different from the rest, even some that looked like prototype Mach Speed and Hypercool jerseys.

If Akron's goal was to look like Baylor tonight v Bowling Green, then kudos. Oh those State Egg bowl unis are horrible. If you're gonna do gold for a special occasion, look to last year's Red River rivalry .

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The only thing that Miss State has going with that set is the helmet logo. Everything else is just typical adidas...

I agree. Last year's egg bowl unis were the same way. Good helmet, but crap from the neck down. I'd prefer that we simply wear the regular unis with a gold (or gold accented) helmet, but I suppose that just makes too much sense.

Archived