College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is kind of a weird post, but does anyone know the story behind this Oregon practice jersey? If you click and open the high res picture if you look closely (especially on his right shoulder) you can see the outlines of the feathers printed within the stripe. Just a manufacturing error or what?

IWFYQSKRHCSETCY.20141104192833.JPG

If you read the story the photo was in, you would have seen they mentioned that several players were wearing jerseys with a new material that Nike is testing. This is nothing new really since there have been other photos and videos over the years of certain players wearing jerseys that were different from the rest, even some that looked like prototype Mach Speed and Hypercool jerseys.

Exactly. Plenty of schools product test things for Nike. Recently, I can think of a few off the top of my head: Oregon State (original pro combat jerseys with flywire, Texas (Chain Maille Mesh jerseys), TCU (this year's cleats).

1495151_10154828100840249_10607706713585

(Sorry, this is random...) First reaction to the Mississippi's in the numbers was that they reminded me of Carl from the Simpsons. I can't unsee them.

Carl11.gif

Also, I love how Adidas couldn't turn out a white version of the anniversary jersey, but they still have to produce their special Egg Bowl jersey.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

(Sorry, this is random...) First reaction to the Mississippi's in the numbers was that they reminded me of Carl from the Simpsons. I can't unsee them.

Carl11.gif

Also, I love how Adidas couldn't turn out a white version of the anniversary jersey, but they still have to produce their special Egg Bowl jersey.

it_can__t_be_unseen_by_amana07-d2ysvdp.j

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Has big Blue been in secret negotiations with UnderArmour? Interesting little spin on UA's slogan there...

It's hard to make out for sure whether those logos on the socks and left shoulder are a Michigan M...or UA's logo. Those DO look like UnderArmour cleats, though....

...Let the speculation begin (?).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Has big Blue been in secret negotiations with UnderArmour? Interesting little spin on UA's slogan there...

It's hard to make out for sure whether those logos on the socks and left shoulder are a Michigan M...or UA's logo. Those DO look like UnderArmour cleats, though....

...Let the speculation begin (?).

That's just what I was thinking.

I'm sort of 50-50 on the possibility of Michigan moving to Under Armor. I realize Adidas is falling behind UA and Nike quite a bit, but I feel like they've never really messed up Michigan's look too badly. And I've loved some of the alternates in the past few years like the bumblebee arm stripes.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Carl11.gif

LOL, wow

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

^ Yeah...I can never unsee that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If Michigan jumps, I predict Adidas will be done with CFB in 2 or 3 years.

i think that is the direction they've been taking. they have NBA and MLS as well as other kickball (soccer) teams. i think its not just "losing" CFB contracts but they're not even going after them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived