buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

Those yellow helmet clips look soooooooo dumb. Were they out of black or clear?

And yes, I'm aware they did this before.

At first I thought Byany Means was Jerome's little brother or something and was really confused. Then I remembered about New Speak, and how the pound sign is the new exclamation point and how spaces between words, or saying an entire phrase all together without using it's abbreviation is just not becoming accepted anymore.

Then I saw the collar and thought how cool it was that it looks like the bottom of a football.

That's all I got. Crab cakes and football...

does Maryland still use the matte black and/or tortoise shell helmets? havent seen them for a while

I certainly wouldn't put money on the black jerseys for UGA this weekend. I mean, the rumors did start a few weeks ago for the Florida game. So in typical rumor fashion, they just changed the opponent and kept it going. Plus, I don't think UGA even has black jerseys available with the new font and other changes from last year.

This is season 2 for that font.

Like I said, new "from last year"

I didn't realize 15 months or more was hard for Nike to make a font that they already customized for Georgia. Plus that shade of black is gonna be torture for Nike to try an recreate. Probably impossible....

I don't think its going to happen. As its said many times here before, the jerseys would have to be ordered around/before the start of the season. That's what happened with the Blackout in '08, the seniors came to HCMR in the summer saying they wanted to blackout the Auburn game and they ordered them in the summer and they were left in boxes until they turned the lights off for the team prayer before they took the field.

However with the last two times we used black parts of the uniforms (jerseys vs. Bama in '09?) (Helmets & Pants vs. Florida in '09) we lost, and lost by alot, I don't see it happening. Alumi base is way to traditional.

Though as I'm typing this I don't remember hearing what happened to the black pants. I know the black lids and jerseys got sold off in the bookstore. Maybe we'll come out with black pants saturday night ;)

I'm almost positive Richt said they didn't even have black jerseys available in 2007. They were always on sale back then, though. I don't see black jerseys at the bookstore anymore.

Feels like a waste of a blackout anyway. Georgia can win the division on Saturday but this team isn't riding any momentum the way they were for the '07 blackout.

(This must all sound so stupid for fans of teams that do this kind of thing 2 times a season.)

Arkansas astate going with another new helmet Saturday. This time American flag fused with the logo. https://twitter.com/chbanderson/status/532649082171699200

Just stop.

Is it me, or has college football become what soccer is with getting new uniforms every year, but on maximum overdrive? Like us Americans said "Forget that! In our football we have a new messed up looking uniform every game!" Of course with something like this, where it's commemorating Veterans Day, 9/11, Flag Day, Insert Cancer Here Awareness, Writing of the National Anthem Anniversary, Little Sara's cat fell down a well let's raise some money for her Day, we can say it's for a good cause.

Not saying that it isn't a good cause or something that needs the awareness, but Minnesota's Epilepsy Awareness bumper decals just makes me wonder where the line is drawn. If it ever will be. I think every cause deserves to be in the spotlight every now and then, don't get me wrong. But seeing them on uniforms and such, like we have the past few years, is just over kill. Especially with something like Breast Cancer Awareness. Yea, I think we're all aware now. But soon, we'll be getting "Well, this shade of blue is epilepsy, and this one is prostrate cancer, and this other shade, slightly different from a soon to be announced fourth shade, is for autism."

Ahead of the "Ute Proud" Native American Heritage Month game against Arizona, Utah has released new Ute-designed merchandise. Word is that the helmet for the game is also Ute-designed, so this may be a preview of what is to come.

10708_10152854145945960_2900894142999264

...as in designed by the actual tribe?

ECU going full storm trooper this weekend. New white helmet.

ECUSTORMTROOPERHELMET_zps0442a0d8.jpg

ECUSTORMTROOPER_zpse56125eb.jpg

Egh, I don't really see the point; it just seems like "Hey! We can do this too!" (But I guess that could be said for dozens of other programs).

IMO, the "Jolly Roger" (one of my favorites in the entire FBS) logo looks best on their traditional purple helmets.

Edited by An_SEC_Cheerleader

ECUSTORMTROOPER_zpse56125eb.jpg

Egh, I don't really see the point; it just seems like "Hey! We can do this too!" (But I guess that could be said for dozens of other programs).

IMO, the "Jolly Roger" (one of my favorites in the entire FBS) logo looks best on their traditional purple helmets.

I hate these minimal white helmets. At least ECU has a colored facemask. Throw on a black or Purple stripe.

Ahead of the "Ute Proud" Native American Heritage Month game against Arizona, Utah has released new Ute-designed merchandise. Word is that the helmet for the game is also Ute-designed, so this may be a preview of what is to come.

10708_10152854145945960_2900894142999264

...as in designed by the actual tribe?

Yes.

New Maryland blackout uniforms for Saturdays game against MSU

10658671_961451077205520_49428196913742710733739_961451087205519_3500304259963271799017_960434110640550_1459177352345323

I love these. Simple design. I prefer when the helmets are like this than the airbrushed waving flags one, those are too busy.

People on campus think that if Richt says on Monday he wants black jerseys, we would have them by Saturday. :lol:

I hate these minimal white helmets. At least ECU has a colored facemask. Throw on a black or Purple stripe.

Purple and gold flecks on the white helmets supposed to sparkle under the lights.

Miami is going with this against FSU:

Miami%2BHurricanes.PNG

Miami is going with this against FSU:

Miami%2BHurricanes.PNG

I like the look, but I just don't wanna see them wear it in the biggest game of the year. I'd rather they wear white/orange/white or use throwbacks. I don't wanna look back on this game if the Canes win and see them in that look.