College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The helmet would be perfect without the striping on the facemask.

Oregon did the same thing a few weeks ago...looks stupid.

What are you talking about? All of Oregon's facemasks have a bit of chrome on them that are a continuation from the wings. If you're talking about the retros they wore against Washington, they didn't have striping on the facemasks.

The helmet would be perfect without the striping on the facemask.

Oregon did the same thing a few weeks ago...looks stupid.

What are you talking about? All of Oregon's facemasks have a bit of chrome on them that are a continuation from the wings. If you're talking about the retros they wore against Washington, they didn't have striping on the facemasks.

I'm 100% certain that Oregon has worn helmets with facemask striping similar to Oregon State's.

How would an Oregon fan not know?

2013-neon-yellow-oregon-football-uniform

They don't have stripes, therefore that's not striping. As some one stated above it's a continuation of the wings. And it said a few weeks ago, but all of their helmets have that wing continuation so it's an every week thing.

Also, I like the striped facemask...

They don't have stripes, therefore that's not striping. As some one stated above it's a continuation of the wings. And it said a few weeks ago, but all of their helmets have that wing continuation so it's an every week thing.

Conceptually it's different, but both are helmets with painted facemasks. Same thing

Striped facemarks are one of my biggest pet peeves. They serve very little purpose and most of the time make the design look like junk. Does this honestly look better than if it was plain black?

osu2.jpg

I think on a facemask like that, it's not as good as a facemask like the one Gavin Andrews is sporting in the picture below, where you can see more of the stripe. Personally, I like the whole stripe on the facesmask. I think its a new, pretty progressive idea, that is better than chrome, matte black/grey, GFGS, BFBS, WOFWOS (white out for white out sake), and all these other fads we have going on in college football.

13698183-essay.jpg

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Conceptually it's different, but both are helmets with painted facemasks. Same thing

He specifically said striping similar to OSU's, which the chrome wing continuation is not in any way. If he had meant painted facemasks, then he would have been on more secure footing in his original argument.

He specifically said striping similar to OSU's, which the chrome wing continuation is not in any way. If he had meant painted facemasks, then he would have been on more secure footing in his original argument.
Boy, we're really getting bogged down in semantics here, aren't we?

Here's what I meant by "striping":

Look at the Oregon helmet and facemask from the front an what do you see? Chrome on the left 1/3, yellow in the middle 1/3, and chrome on the right 1/3. That, to me, is a stripe pattern.

Oregon State goes left 1/3 black, middle 1/3 white with a thin orange strip, and right 1/3 black. Take away that tiny orange strip, and yea, they're pretty much the same exact facemask paint templates just with different colors.

I'm surprised to come on here and not see the TexasTech uniforms getting more hate. Because boy oh boy they deserve it.

DeAndre+Washington+Oklahoma+v+Texas+Tech

I turned on that game, and I have to say that that was the first time in my life I had to turn off a game because I couldn't handle the uniforms. Just what the hell Texas Tech?!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm surprised to come on here and not see the Texas Tech uniforms getting more hate. Because boy oh boy they deserve it.

As much as I hate to say it... this MAY be the future, ladies and gentlemen.

If that's the future, the future isn't bright (theoretically, not literally. I turned that game on and got blinded so quickly I turned it back without missing the end of the commercial)

10537899.jpeg

Utah State has some of the best, cleanest looks in college football.

I'm surprised to come on here and not see the TexasTech uniforms getting more hate. Because boy oh boy they deserve it.

I like these Texas Tech uniforms than their previous white/gray fade uniforms because these are at least school colors. Also, they are the only team doing it right now, which makes it kind of special. When more teams start to copy it, then we will probably start disliking it more. Like BFBS or oversized logos.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

"Well I guess we'll never be a real contending team, so let's look increasingly ridiculous every week…..P.S. our coach is hottt!"

newsig.jpg

Archived