College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I think Texas Tech has decided to make sure that they are talked about every week. If ghe fade started just above the waist, the red raider wasn't on the pants or shoulders and if the raider on the helmet was a little smaller this could have looked so much better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Striped facemarks are one of my biggest pet peeves. They serve very little purpose and most of the time make the design look like junk. Does this honestly look better than if it was plain black?

osu2.jpg

I have always viewed the white stripes on the black helmets as the Beaver Teeth... so to me it works.

Striped facemarks are one of my biggest pet peeves. They serve very little purpose and most of the time make the design look like junk. Does this honestly look better than if it was plain black?

osu2.jpg

Plain black would look 100x better and this helmet itself would look 1000x better if they put logo on both sides.

spacer.png

Boston College is going to have to face a Florida State team wearing their UNCONQUERED uniforms this weekend

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-football-florida-state-2014/2014/11/17/7213661/boston-college-vs-florida-state-weekly-kickoff

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I thought the changes to Texas' helmet looked great. The old decals never matched anyways (dark brown vs. burnt orange) and the new decals are metallic (rather than chrome) which makes the sheen just about the same as the tackle twill numbers on teh jerseys.

Well done, IMO.

Old:

hi-res-f330d050568b7ed1003e8b13ed047658_

New:

397210_630x354.jpg

I thought the changes to Texas' helmet looked great. The old decals never matched anyways (dark brown vs. burnt orange) and the new decals are metallic (rather than chrome) which makes the sheen just about the same as the tackle twill numbers on teh jerseys.

Well done, IMO.

Old:

New:

397210_630x354.jpg

On a UT Facebook post introducing this new metallic sticker there was some negative talk about it. Things were said like "If it's not broke..." or "We like our traditional helmet." I'm willing to bet 90% of those people don't realize the regular sticker is chocolate brown and not even orange.

I'm not too crazy about the shine, because where the light is intense it disappears against white, but a move to an actual burnt orange sticker is looonnnnng overdue.

Well done, IMO.

Old:

New:

397210_630x354.jpg

Not sure how people think this will spur them to unleash all black uniforms or anything else crazy

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

osu2.jpg

I have always viewed the white stripes on the black helmets as the Beaver Teeth... so to me it works.

Yeah, for that reason, I think this facemask stripe is perfect. The one that's a narrow orange stripe on an otherwise black facemask because the helmet stripe is black-orange-black? Not so much

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Washington is wearing this on Saturday vs. Oregon State. Seniors have gotten to choose senior night uniform the last few years. They will only wear gold-purple-gold twice this year in seven home games.

10635984_769524866416085_544930153672944

Apparently that is a players favorite; they wore that for senior day last year too. And you're right about the Huskies not using Gold/Purple/Gold enough. Unless they use it against WSU or in a bowl game, I won't see the gold helmets on TV all year. My TV provider doesn't have Pac-12 network, but it's not their fault UDub isn't using the gold helmets enough.

Arkansas-LSU:

Alex+Collins+LSU+v+Arkansas+9GuChFoDpn1l

Both years under Bielema, we've worn all-red vs LSU. I'm wondering if this will become a tradition under him.

I hope it does, because that game looks awesome with both of those looks.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Washington is wearing this on Saturday vs. Oregon State. Seniors have gotten to choose senior night uniform the last few years. They will only wear gold-purple-gold twice this year in seven home games.

10635984_769524866416085_544930153672944

Apparently that is a players favorite; they wore that for senior day last year too. And you're right about the Huskies not using Gold/Purple/Gold enough. Unless they use it against WSU or in a bowl game, I won't see the gold helmets on TV all year. My TV provider doesn't have Pac-12 network, but it's not their fault UDub isn't using the gold helmets enough.

They also wore it for senior night in 2010 with the regular gold helmet and in 2012 with the gold helmet and american flag decal.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

I'm surprised to come on here and not see the TexasTech uniforms getting more hate. Because boy oh boy they deserve it.

DeAndre+Washington+Oklahoma+v+Texas+Tech

At this point, I just want away from UnderArmour. But then I think, where do they go if they leave? I don't trust Nike, and I definitely don't trust Adidas or Russell.

Is Umbro getting into football any time soon?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Archived