College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arizona State has agreed in principle to sign on with adidas. Nike has until the end of today (Friday) to match the offer.

Could the return of Sparky mean the return to adidas?

DEAR GOD. Please match the offer, Nike. PLEASE.
Arizona St. is one of those schools that Nike probably won't offer a crazy amount for because Arizona St. doesn't sign deals for the whole athletic department. Nike has a contract for the major sports like football and basketball, but other sports programs at Arizona St., like baseball, have contracts with other companies.
I could've sworn ASU baseball was under the Nike label. I have several ASU baseball dry fits that are from Nike.
It looks like they did wear Nike cleats last year, but their main contract is with Wilson. They supply the uniforms and gloves. The hats were supplied by another company too.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona State has agreed in principle to sign on with adidas. Nike has until the end of today (Friday) to match the offer.

Arizona St. is one of those schools that Nike probably won't offer a crazy amount for because Arizona St. doesn't sign deals for the whole athletic department. Nike has a contract for the major sports like football and basketball, but other sports programs at Arizona St., like baseball, have contracts with other companies.

This deal, whether with Nike or adidas, will be for all sports.

Baseball was the only ASU sport with a separate uniform deal, and it ends with this Nike contract.

Baseball was the only ASU sport with a separate uniform deal, and it ends with this Nike contract.

Does this mean they will reverse the Sparky redesign and come up with their own thing

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Good to see Arizona State look like Arizona State again.

They look pretty sweet, I'd have to agree.

hi-res-3c9b7745c5e4f5c6cc93102b17bcf8a1_

Personally I think the pitchfork looks better on the helmet, but the main part of asu's uniforms (aside from the mix and matching with black [because I can live with the black if it's strictly an alt and not an option to pair with other aspects]) that bothers me is the asu on the sleeve looks really cheap imo. Sparky there would make boost the set.

Does this mean they will reverse the Sparky redesign and come up with their own thing

It depends on how Nike's previous deal with ASU was worded and whether it's Nike or ASU that owns and controls those logos.

UniWatch ran a piece a few years ago about Nike owning the MSU logo, so Mississippi State had to create their own M with the ribbon we see today in order to not fall for that again. And I think Nike owned the shade of maroon, as well as something to do with Memphis and their contract, IIRC...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Maybe an unpopular opinion...but Iowa should never change its look. Sure it's a complete ripoff of the Steelers...but it is still a good look. I've always liked the helmet, and the huge numbers on the back of the helmet are pretty sweet. It's just timeless.

Agree 100%. It's a great look. You forgot the ANF stickers.

Remember when Iowa thought this was a good idea?

GetContent1.jpg

Good to see Arizona State look like Arizona State again.

It sure is. The sooner ASU ditches the salad fork logo and most of those awful uniform combos, the better. A move to Adidas certainly couldn't be any worse than what Nike has done to the Sun Devils.

But if anyone's watching, Virginia is sporting blue carbon helmets against VT.

And they aren't half bad. Pretty good looking game.

BB52Big.jpg

Sparky is a great logo, but not on a helmet. The pitchfork looks 10x better on a helmet. I'd love to see Sparky worked into the jersey more like shaydray said above. The helmet looked cool today because it was retro, not because it looked good.

Sparky is a great logo, but not on a helmet. The pitchfork looks 10x better on a helmet. I'd love to see Sparky worked into the jersey more like shaydray said above. The helmet looked cool today because it was retro, not because it looked good.

So it looked good despite the fact that it didn't look good? Interesting.

BB52Big.jpg

Said it looked cool not good. When I saw the game I went "well that's cool they brought Sparky back for the rivalry. But after a minute I went "ehhh the pitchfork looks better." So nice nostalgia and it didn't look bad, but not as good as the pitchfork

Said it looked cool not good. When I saw the game I went "well that's cool they brought Sparky back for the rivalry. But after a minute I went "ehhh the pitchfork looks better." So nice nostalgia and it didn't look bad, but not as good as the pitchfork

So looking cool isn't looking good? You're losing me here. B)

BB52Big.jpg

So looking cool isn't looking good? You're losing me here. B)

What I'm getting at is it is cool they did it for a rivalry game, because it's a great logo, but the regular pitchfork looks better on the helmet

Maybe an unpopular opinion...but Iowa should never change its look. Sure it's a complete ripoff of the Steelers...but it is still a good look. I've always liked the helmet, and the huge numbers on the back of the helmet are pretty sweet. It's just timeless.

Disagree. They should change their look to something more like this:

dwight.jpg

dwight.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

They wear the Steelers look better than the Steelers do. The actual stripes and block numbers should be added by the NFL team IMO.

spacer.png

The reason they can't figure it out for the steelers is because they have to allow space on the sleeves for the Nike logos, which end up moving the stripes further down the sleeve cap.

The simplest fix is to put the swoosh in the middle of the main stripe like Starter did when they made the Steelers uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived