College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably in the minority but I thought minnesota looked fantastic today. That yellow helmet is sharp and really stood out against the red. 634-sXQQp.AuSt.55.jpeg

i agree with you. They're the Golden Gophers so they should have gold helmets. Unless they wear the gold jerseys. Then the maroon helmets and maroon pants are the best option.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm probably in the minority but I thought minnesota looked fantastic today. That yellow helmet is sharp and really stood out against the red. 634-sXQQp.AuSt.55.jpeg

i agree with you. They're the Golden Gophers so they should have gold helmets. Unless they wear the gold jerseys. Then the maroon helmets and maroon pants are the best option.

I agree, and that's their best combo using the gold helmets. That matchup was one of the best of the week.

What a beautiful combination. This was my prediction after seeing what Oregon wore last week. I was really hoping they'd go with sometime this year and the Civil War made the most sense.

B3oDaOgCcAEIp7Y.jpg

Looks really good, IMO. One of my favorite combinations. Yellow pants would look good, but this look is really nice. Go Ducks!

I wish they would just make the apple green and yellow the main colors, along with black. I believe they have worn the apple green jersey with black pants before but this look in the civil war is one of the best they've used.

App wore some yellow pants that look to go with the throwback uniforms they wore a few years ago. Wearing this combo means App didn't wear the Grey/Chrome jersey that was teased before the season.

PIXZFQTZGLOLWFV.20141129231755.JPG

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

App wore some yellow pants that look to go with the throwback uniforms they wore a few years ago. Wearing this combo means App didn't wear the Grey/Chrome jersey that was teased before the season.

PIXZFQTZGLOLWFV.20141129231755.JPG

Slap some yellow and white stripes on the sleeves and App. State has a nice looking set there.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought minnesota looked fantastic today. That yellow helmet is sharp and really stood out against the red.

634-sXQQp.AuSt.55.jpeg

I love to see the Gophers in gold shells. This look is great but could use some small tweaks. Like the Gophers white pants, these pants could use stripes--I'm thinking they should match their helmet stripe, but I'd be fine with a single maroon stripe. Also, their white jerseys need some gold outlines on the numbers, because right now they're like the NY Giants having only one team color on their away jerseys.

Barber_Marion_007_large_zps2e7c5cac.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Sounds like we won't have to see these ever again:

15854089-mmmain.jpg

a shame too..they had made a huge leap forward this year...but also now my school might get invited to C-USA in their place (Ga State) despite being the worst FBS team in the last few years all for the ATL market...thank god we have a decent basketball program

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Good to see Arizona State look like Arizona State again.

It sure is. The sooner ASU ditches the salad fork logo and most of those awful uniform combos, the better. A move to Adidas certainly couldn't be any worse than what Nike has done to the Sun Devils.

Couldn't disagree any more. The change to the fork logo was something I wasn't too thrilled with at first, but it grew on me over time, and it's really become a huge part of the identity now.

I love Sparky. He's easily my favorite mascot in college sports (I even named my dog after him). But the identity that Nike has come up with for us is damn near perfect IMO (Minus the wonky ASU script logo on the sleeves of the football jerseys).

The current Nike rebrand is JUST now settling in as our look and is really starting to stick (Merchandise with the pitchfork logo outsells merchandise with the Sparky logo by a wide margin). Having to completely scrap that now so we can switch to probably the worst manufacturer in college sports could be MUCH worse than what Nike has done.

Agreed. ASU looks great when they're in school colors, once that black/gray/cooper crap comes in it ruins the thing. I'd like to see Sparky make a return on the helmets at least once a year, if not full-time.

Really happy Tech-UVA looked great, Tech hasn't found a way to bust some silly one-off crap when I've been in the stands this year, so that's good.

alec-vozenilek-ncaa-football-virginia-vi

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

There's not many pictures out there of that Wisconsin jersey. They wore it against Colorado in 1995.

I was at that game...my junior year of college. Wisconsin was absolutely trounced in that game...which was no fun but the silver lining may be that we never saw that uniform again.

They definitely sold replicas. I know they sold #11 (QB Darrell Bevel) and I am thinking #13 (RB Carl McCullough, who ran for 1000 yards that year before being benched in 1996 in favor of freshman Ron Dayne). I did not consider buying one because of how ugly they were but I really wish I had. It would be quite the cool UW keepsake to have now. I have not seen one out and about or even at a game in years (probably since the 1990s). The replica was not too bad looking either...my recollection is that they did pretty well with the details.

PS: I just ran across a thread on these jerseys (and I said pretty much the same thing back in 06 that I said above). In it, someone found a photo of the #13 replica.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/31797-wisconsin-badger-football-jersey/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There's not many pictures out there of that Wisconsin jersey. They wore it against Colorado in 1995.

016a-COLOWISC95.jpg1186379212_5ceb07c9d0.jpg

I was at that game...my junior year of college. Wisconsin was absolutely trounced in that game...which was no fun but the silver lining may be that we never saw that uniform again.

They definitely sold replicas. I know they sold #11 (QB Darrell Bevel) and I am thinking #13 (RB Carl McCullough, who ran for 1000 yards that year before being benched in 1996 in favor of freshman Ron Dayne). I did not consider buying one because of how ugly they were but I really wish I had. It would be quite the cool UW keepsake to have now. I have not seen one out and about or even at a game in years (probably since the 1990s). The replica was not too bad looking either...my recollection is that they did pretty well with the details.

PS: I just ran across a thread on these jerseys (and I said pretty much the same thing back in 06 that I said above). In it, someone found a photo of the #13 replica.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/31797-wisconsin-badger-football-jersey/

I actually like the jersey! My only complaint is the the W on the left shoulder is facing backwards.

It's interesting that that one-off has become such a legend whereas if it were worn today it would get a shrug and be mostly ignored. Teams just didn't wear a random jersey in the middle of the season back then. These days it's weird if you go through a season with only two jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can anyone answer some questions about New Mexico State. Their helmet stripe had some kind of marks on the stripe and differmt ones on the back. Wondering if they mean something special to the school. And they also have a shoulder stripe on their white jerseys at least that I've never seen. Almost looks like Lebron's logo.

Archived