College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was at a mall in New Orleans over the weekend and came across an interesting Nike jersey at a Lids store. I've never seen a Nike jersey like jothis and am now wondering if this is what we'll start seeing in stores now given the court rulings regarding use of player likeness and decisions by some schools regarding numbered merchandise:

FDdU1vV.jpg

V4Va3hL.jpg

Florida only allows 96 and 1 on their jerseys. Other Nike schools allow custom jerseys. I'd say most schools would move toward the latter.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Service academies are the last schools that should be letting apparel companies create goofy logos and try to retrofit a story behind it. Nike never did that for Army, Navy or Air Force.

Is that generic lettering/number anywhere in the Navy style guide, or are we to assume that UA used the same designers as the jingoistic Wounded Warrior uniforms?

A shame since they nailed the summer white uniform for the Ohio State game. Even with that, UA ripped off the helmet from last year and built from that idea.

What happened to the zipper line?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Army looks good. Navy... not so much. Way too much red. Their past special uniforms at least made them look like Navy and not Team America.

They ARE Team America. It's fine if they halfway look like it once in a while.

Service academies are the last schools that should be letting apparel companies create goofy logos and try to retrofit a story behind it. Nike never did that for Army, Navy or Air Force.

Is that generic lettering/number anywhere in the Navy style guide, or are we to assume that UA used the same designers as the jingoistic Wounded Warrior uniforms?

A shame since they nailed the summer white uniform for the Ohio State game. Even with that, UA ripped off the helmet from last year and built from that idea.

As long as the story isn't bunk I'm fine with that. Nike won't take as big a step outside the lines as UA and I think these uniforms will be a good clash against Army's GBB uniform. Of course they may be using their look as a placeholder so who knows? Remember, Nike did use the Battle of the Bulge as the basis for Army's uniform the last time they were the home team. And last year they broke out khaki gloves and shoes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Holy crap, Nike.

Oregon: Is that the "O" on the side of the helmets? If so, I'm a huge fan of this. I've never loved the wings on the helmet and jerseys. Combine that with the bright green and the duck? Super win.

Ohio State: Weird striping variations (no black on jersey?) Not to mention the black shoulder numbers!

Florida State: The least changed of the three...looks like the garnet jersey will be updated to the mach speed template, which I think is an inferior look.

All three appear to have some crappy "diamond" swoosh as well.

All in all, Oregon is the big winner here.

So I was at a mall in New Orleans over the weekend and came across an interesting Nike jersey at a Lids store. I've never seen a Nike jersey like jothis and am now wondering if this is what we'll start seeing in stores now given the court rulings regarding use of player likeness and decisions by some schools regarding numbered merchandise:

FDdU1vV.jpg

V4Va3hL.jpg

Florida only allows 96 and 1 on their jerseys. Other Nike schools allow custom jerseys. I'd say most schools would move toward the latter.

You can get a custom jersey so long as the number and player name aren't on the roster. There are pretty strict restrictions on the customs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived