College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Honestly, i miss the wings on the helmet for the Oregon. It's become their staple and it looks good.

The O has been around 15 years now. The wing has been around for what? Two or three? When people see the O they know immediately who it is, and I think is much more iconic. The O is has become their staple IMO. Much like the U at Miami.

Don't get me wrong, I like the originality of the wings, but calling it their staple is a little bit of a stretch IMO. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. I wouldn't mind seeing both the wing helmets and a helmet with the O on it.

I

New cleats:

HO14_NFB_NCAA_Vapor_Group5_CFP_Order_squ

All four together:

Nike_NFB_NCAA_Group_Hero_hd_1600.jpg

Wait... what am I missing? OSU isn't wearing red against Bama.

There are white versions, presumably that have not been released. Or they have been, and we just haven't seen them yet.

Ohio State's not even going to be able to wear those red ones. Unless they play Oregon in the NC and they both wear their dark jerseys.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern from Bama's baselayer:

tHfoLzK.png

I get that thats supposed to look like elephant print and thats an alright idea for Alabama, and pretty tame since it's mostly gray and from a distance probably will just appear gray, but Alabama has one of the most unique prints in sports at their disposal in the Bear Bryant Houndstooth, and while an entire houndstooth underlayer would look stupid, why not incorporate it somehow, like a trim as they've done in the past, and maybe not on the jersey (even though if subtle I think would look good), but just a little trim on the base layer. Or Houndstooth numbers or the Logo, such as this: 41pmwziUtgL.jpg

Not asking them to go crazy with it, just a little touch or something.

Army looks good. Navy... not so much. Way too much red. Their past special uniforms at least made them look like Navy and not Team America.

They ARE Team America. It's fine if they halfway look like it once in a while.

Ask yourself, is the time to go full "Team America" when they are playing another service academy? Are they really more of patriotic than any other branch of the military? I certainly don't think so.

If they were playing Notre Dame or some other team, I'd have less of a problem with it. But not for this game.

Since both teams usually go all out for this game I'm fine with it. And as a service member it gives us another reason to talk smack to the other services when these come out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really like these designs. I am especially curious to see the away sets. Count me as a fan of the classic helmet logo for Oregon. I like the wings on the shoulders but also putting it on the helmet makes it redundant and I especially hate the two-tone facemask. I also consider the tonal, subdued wings an upgrade. Ohio State looks fantastic and I would support a permanent switch to those with the only change being to white shoulder numbers. The black is cool because of the history but white would look best.

Pattern from Bama's baselayer:

tHfoLzK.png

I get that thats supposed to look like elephant print and thats an alright idea for Alabama, and pretty tame since it's mostly gray and from a distance probably will just appear gray, but Alabama has one of the most unique prints in sports at their disposal in the Bear Bryant Houndstooth, and while an entire houndstooth underlayer would look stupid, why not incorporate it somehow, like a trim as they've done in the past, and maybe not on the jersey (even though if subtle I think would look good), but just a little trim on the base layer. Or Houndstooth numbers or the Logo, such as this: 41pmwziUtgL.jpg

Not asking them to go crazy with it, just a little touch or something.

Trust me, you don't want to see more houndstooth. It's better left off the uniforms.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Interesting that the Oregon player model has on the adidas-like sweatpants look (no belt). Wonder if that was a bad PS or a new option from Nike.

I was wondering the same thing. The oregon set is nice but I wish they woulda gone with the yellow winged helmet and matching pants. The green and yellow look so nice together it's a shame they utilized mostly green. That Bama print is pretty cool and Osu and fsu aren't bad offerings.

Oh you know it just hit me that when oregon released their away bolt set for the NCG they released it with white pants and then switched to grey for the game sooooo I'm crossing my fingers that a player vote or something will result in yellow pants.

I can see a little bit of homage to the 1968 National Championship Buckeye team in this set, black numbers kind of give it away.

1111_large.jpg

I'm really glad I was able to get the 2002 throwback uniform from when Champion made it. It'll save me having to buy the red version! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Overall I like the new green set but I think they should have used the dark green for the number outline, made the shoulder feathers contrast more with the base green, and either made the O smaller or done a kelly green version of the winged helmets. As for the white, I don't like they likely won't be using any colors but white/black/silver when kelly green and yellow look good with white.

Overall I like the new green set but I think they should have used the dark green for the number outline, made the shoulder feathers contrast more with the base green, and either made the O smaller or done a kelly green version of the winged helmets. As for the white, I don't like they likely won't be using any colors but white/black/silver when kelly green and yellow look good with white.

Yeah I was really hoping that they would tweak their new aways by switch the silver with yellow. Would've been perfect.

Ohio State's arm striping is fantastic-- they need to bring those back full time. if the mach speed unis are becoming full time for them next year, they should just get rid of the jerseys/helmets with the oversized striping, and use these designs. the white jersey would be a modernized version of this:

College-Football-Hall-of-Fame-Class-of-2

Also, i think the shape of the mesh on the pants is going to be much more conducive to nice looking "truncated" modern designs with this new template. take a look at the shape of the panel on oregon's pants for these... compared to truncated pants designs like the bucs or jaguars, this looks way better

Minor difference I just noticed: Oregon has no belt, as previously mentioned.

But, Bama has a traditional belt, with loops all the way around the pants.

ha42vs3.png

Ohio State has a belt, but it's hidden on the back/sides and doesn't impede the pants stripe (finally!).

NzlLaF7.png

Archived