College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

The retail version of the FSU jersey on the Speed Machine template is so superior to the Mach Speed version. Cutoff collar aside, the sleeves kill it.

-00032460X_05H_A.jpg

LIMITED-JRSY---PY00B-00030855X_05B_A.jpg

why on earth did they shrink the shoulder pattern on the diamond swoosh version?..looks terrible.

It might just be a poor photoshop job. The pattern looks normal in the picture from the official release.

NsNAXKG.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU helmets for the Peach Bowl...so glad they are wearing these...maybe Ole Miss will bust out the powder blues ?

B4mleZSIQAElwV8.jpg

Tcu is one of the few schools that does chrome right. Chrome sticker on a normal shell and a normal white decal on their chrome shell. And their shade of chrome actually looks like the purple they use. Not an abomination like Michigan states chrome.

The retail version of the FSU jersey on the Speed Machine template is so superior to the Mach Speed version. Cutoff collar aside, the sleeves kill it.

-00032460X_05H_A.jpg

LIMITED-JRSY---PY00B-00030855X_05B_A.jpg

why on earth did they shrink the shoulder pattern on the diamond swoosh version?..looks terrible.

It might just be a poor photoshop job. The pattern looks normal in the picture from the official release.

NsNAXKG.jpg

I think it is just a bad photoshop. The angle of the striping on each sleeve is different on the diamond jersey. It appears straight across on the far side sleeve and at an upward angle on the near side sleeve.

Those Ohio State uniforms are such a downgrade from their regular ones, it's not even funny. I'll never understand why people actually like that sleeve-stripe pattern. It always looks clunky and way too big to me. There are better ways to work silver into the jerseys.

I'll just copy/paste and expand on my reasoning from a few pages back:

1. They infuse gray into the jersey, which the regular stripes do not. You could outline the current stripes in gray or make the sleeves gray to have a gray background, but then you lose the best part about the stripes (see #2). I don't agree that there are better ways to work silver into the jerseys.

2. They highlight the uniform with classic, traditional football striping, which makes the difference between just a football uniform, and Ohio State's classic football uniform. It is what makes it look old school. The cut of the template leaves something to be desired, but it's close enough for me to get excited about.

3. The helmet and pants are the same background color so the stripes on those two backgrounds absolutely must remain consistent (and they finally corrected this this season by slimming down the black stripes on the pants). But the jersey isn't the same background color so it's not as jarring to see different striping. If they had red socks with matching stripes it'd be another great idea.

4. Consistency at all costs can be dangerous because sometimes a uniform where everything is consistent can become too "matchy-matchy" and feel computerized and soulless. Not everything must be the same all the time. Like Oldschoovikings said so well in another thread, "art ain't math". And I'm a guy that loves some consistency, but sometimes uniforms with a little quirk that harkens back to a simpler time when every design element wasn't overthought can be a good thing.

There you have it. It's such an upgrade over their current jerseys it's not even funny.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can any of you guys that have been associated with equipment management make a guess what these might be?

Our Equipment Manager tweeted it out with the caption "Bowl season."

Could it be new uniforms, helmets or just new gear?

78475627-D4F0-4E01-ACDC-F07F53415407_zps

I was never an equipment manager, but my guess is it's probably just gear and helmets being packed up to go to wherever Arkansas has a bowl game.

Can any of you guys that have been associated with equipment management make a guess what these might be?

I was never an equipment manager, but my guess is it's probably just gear and helmets being packed up to go to wherever Arkansas has a bowl game.

You don't pack gear like that. They would pack it like every other road game - not in moving boxes.

I would imagine it's new gear. Wouldn't really expect new uniforms and such. But that's just me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

You don't pack gear like that. They would pack it like every other road game - not in moving boxes.

I would imagine it's new gear. Wouldn't really expect new uniforms and such. But that's just me.

Yeah well that's why I'm not an equipment manager

Those boxes with the black USA logo are probably from Nike. That's the distributor in Memphis that Nike uses for all of their online orders. It's probably the new shoes and gloves Nike released this week.

Those boxes with the black USA logo are probably from Nike. That's the distributor in Memphis that Nike uses for all of their online orders. It's probably the new shoes and gloves Nike released this week.

I just hope they are not new black jersey/pants.

illini1 - Have you heard if Illinois is going to have their Navy jersey's for the bowl game? It sure would be nice to see them on the field with Orange-Navy-Orange.

spacer.png

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was guessing it was something along those lines but the masses were speculating it might be road versions of our throwback uniform since we're playing Texas.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was guessing it was something along those lines but the masses were speculating it might be road versions of our throwback uniform since we're playing Texas.

All bowl teams are going to get a minimum setup of workout/sideline gear for players and coaches. Depending on the program and bowl game, players will get cleats/gloves etc. They also get to keep their jerseys, some will be from the regular season with a patch others will just order a new jersey specifically for the bowl. Then there's the swag bags that are provided by the bowl committees on top of the gear.

illini1 - Have you heard if Illinois is going to have their Navy jersey's for the bowl game? It sure would be nice to see them on the field with Orange-Navy-Orange.

I highly doubt it. I heard Illinois ran out of free merchandise money that they are provided in the Nike contract and they had to wait until next year.

I highly doubt it. I heard Illinois ran out of free merchandise money that they are provided in the Nike contract and they had to wait until next year.

Plus they're the away team and wearing white in the bowl game. It's a joke that they didn't have navy jerseys at all this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

All bowl teams are going to get a minimum setup of workout/sideline gear for players and coaches. Depending on the program and bowl game, players will get cleats/gloves etc. They also get to keep their jerseys, some will be from the regular season with a patch others will just order a new jersey specifically for the bowl. Then there's the swag bags that are provided by the bowl committees on top of the gear.

When do players get the bowl gifts? That could also possibly be what that is (Bowl t-shirts, bags, etc)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived