College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat off topic:

Watching Coastal Carolina in the FCS playoffs and wondered something. Is Russell the only supplier that makes uniforms in teal/aqua?

A former coworker of mine used to be an assistant coach at Westlake HS in Maryland whose colors are teal and orange. He told me that Russell was the only uniform supplier the school could get their colors in despite being able to afford top notch Nike or Adidas unis at the time (2000-2006). Also when I used to screw around on uniform builders a few years ago, I did notice that Nike, Adidas & Under Armour did not offer teal/aqua. Russell's online uniform did. Can anybody confirm this?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

It's their own fault that Illinois doesn't have navy jerseys this year considering they used their gear credits towards a gray set. No one to blame but themselves.

I agree. The would have been able to afford the navy uniforms, but they also had to get new uniforms for basically every sport because of the rebrand. I'm sure that made their Nike budget tighter than normal.

Somewhat off topic:

Watching Coastal Carolina in the FCS playoffs and wondered something. Is Russell the only supplier that makes uniforms in teal/aqua?

A former coworker of mine used to be an assistant coach at Westlake HS in Maryland whose colors are teal and orange. He told me that Russell was the only uniform supplier the school could get their colors in despite being able to afford top notch Nike or Adidas unis at the time (2000-2006). Also when I used to screw around on uniform builders a few years ago, I did notice that Nike, Adidas & Under Armour did not offer teal/aqua. Russell's online uniform did. Can anybody confirm this?

That's a fascinating observation. I wonder why that is? What's the big difference between that and the Jaguars or Panthers colors? I guess they do it exclusively for pro teams, but won't afford it to high schools, colleges, etc?

Is it pricier to make jerseys certain colors over others? These are all things I've never thought about.

I hate how cheap Russell uniforms look. Coastal is a legit program but they look like a high school team.

Chattanooga looks like they stole the old Pitt shade of yellow

When they got a new head coach they switched to those mustardy, vomit colored helmet stripes and decals. But they've made a tradition of it.

38c56d2ce38040f4add7d7bd795526d031067.jp

FSU-vs-UTC-09-mw-091308.jpg

Somewhat off topic:

That's a fascinating observation. I wonder why that is? What's the big difference between that and the Jaguars or Panthers colors? I guess they do it exclusively for pro teams, but won't afford it to high schools, colleges, etc?

Is it pricier to make jerseys certain colors over others? These are all things I've never thought about.

I hate how cheap Russell uniforms look. Coastal is a legit program but they look like a high school team.

I would guess that it just has to do with which colors each company feels like stocking based on anticipated demand. Coastal Carolina may be in a Russell contract for non-teal-related reasons.

Looks like Sam Houston State is wearing UnderArmour's previously-exclusive-to-Maryland number font.

Didn't think UA would so quickly add that to their catalog...especially that of their flagship program.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

illini1 - Have you heard if Illinois is going to have their Navy jersey's for the bowl game? It sure would be nice to see them on the field with Orange-Navy-Orange.

I highly doubt it. I heard Illinois ran out of free merchandise money that they are provided in the Nike contract and they had to wait until next year.

Plus they're the away team and wearing white in the bowl game. It's a joke that they didn't have navy jerseys at all this year.

I agree, but even without the navy, they still had the best new uniform of 2014.

spacer.png

I was told recently that adidas only makes brown one month out of the year. Not sure how true that may be. But could teal be along the same lines? Could it cost more time, materials, and effort in to matching the colors?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Somewhat off topic:

When they got a new head coach they switched to those mustardy, vomit colored helmet stripes and decals. But they've made a tradition of it.

FSU-vs-UTC-09-mw-091308.jpg

looks like they are using the old ga tech jerseys; l cant find the blue one

Calvin_Johnson_GT.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Somewhat off topic:

Interesting that #17 here is wearing a coach wristband on both wrists, not something you typically see

Maybe an unpopular opinion...but Iowa should never change its look. Sure it's a complete ripoff of the Steelers...but it is still a good look. I've always liked the helmet, and the huge numbers on the back of the helmet are pretty sweet. It's just timeless.

Disagree. They should change their look to something more like this:

dwight.jpg

dwight.jpg

Loved these for Iowa. It put their own spin on the Steelers look instead of being a direct ripoff.

Archived